Home | Reviews | Shoes | Answer

Answer Tecopa Shoes

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

• Rugged shoe with mid-top support
  • Thick canvas uppers
  • Breathable mesh to wick sweat
  • Rubber toe and heel bumpers

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Roj a Cross Country Rider from London

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2004

Strengths:    Now over 4 years old and only just starting to fray at the ankle. Nice and comfy, look pretty good. I like the orange laces.

Weaknesses:    A bit cold for winter use, due to venting mesh at the front, Plastic sole now has deep grooves where the cleats are - gonna fail soon. The extra padding round the ankle has rubbed the black finish off my crank arms.

Bottom Line:
    These have lasted me ages and have become a favourite part of clothing for cycling. Top pair of shoes for MTBing take all sorts of abuse - just stick em in the washing machne and the come out great again.

Favorite Trail:   Ashridge

Purchased At:   cylcedelia

Similar Products Used:   Shimano

Bike Setup:   two wheels a seat and handlebars

Submitted by Frank a Weekend Warrior from San Jose, CA

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2001

Strengths:    Good wearing comfortable shoe. I used these riding in all kinds of conditions 2-4 times a weeks for over 3 years. I finally bought new ones when one of the lace straps wore thru. Great traction on hike a bike sections.

Weaknesses:    Can be a bit cold on the cool days. The mesh venting does great in the heat but passes cols air also. I just wore neoprene socks when it got cooler.

Bottom Line:
    I would of bought another pair if the shop had them in my size but I ended up buying a pair of Diadora's

Favorite Trail:   Soquel Demo Forest

Purchased At:   Santa Teresa Bike

Bike Setup:   FSR, Z-1, Race Face, FOX

Submitted by Ido Mazor a Cross Country Rider from Israel

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2001

Strengths:    Comfortable, nice looking.

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
    Very comfortable in all aspects of off-road riding, both in long trips and races, up and dowm hill.
    Very comfortable off the bike - walking, driving etc'. no need to replace shoes all the time.
    Very nice looking, you don't look like a clown in a restaurant etc'.

Purchased At:   Israel

Bike Setup:   KHS COMP ST

Submitted by TODD C. a Weekend Warrior from SACRAMENTO, CA

Date Reviewed: August 25, 1999

Strengths:
    Very comfortable fit. These shoes are mid cut and provide more protection than support around the ankle. They are good looking enough to wear inside a store or a resturant (am/pm, McDonalds, etc.).

Weaknesses:
    The shoes comfort could lead to a weakness. The soles are not rigid, but since I dont want a rigid shoe, these are perfect.

Bottom Line:
    Comfortable and lightweight. The shoes look good with black laces and have enough traction to carry your bike on your shoulder up a steep hill.

less than 1 month

First pair of shoes

Stock Trek VRX-300 (Judy XC)

Submitted by Rob Byrns a Cross-Country Rider from Atkins, Arkansas

Date Reviewed: August 12, 1999

Strengths:
    Great fit.
    Long Wearing.
    High Top to protect ankles.
    Not very aggressive tread, therefore you dont pick up alot of mud when you have to get off in the muck.

Weaknesses:
    Orange shoestrings are a little loud for me.

Bottom Line:
    This is a good looking shoe. I like the fact that the tread is not to rough. It is a nice blue and black with orange shoestrings. First thing I did was replace the strings with some black ones. That did it.
    High top protects your ankles in the rough stuff.
    Cliping in is easy with my 636's.
    I would recomend this shoe to anyone.

Mocasin Gap

6 months

Specialized.
    Performance.

Klien Attitude Race.
    X-Vert fork.

Submitted by Mountain Man a Weekend Warrior from Hamilton, Ont

Date Reviewed: May 31, 1999

Strengths:
    Excellent fit
    Great looks
    Solid construction
    Good price, great value

Weaknesses:
    My wife didn't buy them for me

Bottom Line:
    These are a great pair of shoes. I've got really big feet, and they are wide, but I didn't have any fit problems at all. The shoes, being a mid-cut have excellent ankle support for those hike-a-bike sessions, as well as a really great sole. The Tecopas have a really snug feeling around the heel from a band that wraps it, but it gives a really secure, no heel lift fit. The looks are great, just like a hiking boot in a really nice blue and black colouring (but still not looking like a bruise). I actually got a deal on mine as they didn't have the eyelets punched into the shoes on the right shoe's upper, but I told the LBS guy that I'd buy em if I got a deal on em, and just punch the holes myself, and got 25 bucks off, so not too shabby. He was offering to get me a rush pair from Answer but I figured why bother??? If you are looking for an attractive pair of shoes that are super comfy, check these out, they should satisfy pretty much everybody. They also worked great with my Shimano pedals without any shaving of the sole. A definate plus! All in all, a great purchase! I've only had em a short amount of time, so I don't know what the long term durability is going to be like, but they look like a quality shoe to me! I give em 5 flaming hikers

The one under my tires

less than 1 month

Most other shoe makes from Shimano,
    Specialized, Lake, etc...