Home | Reviews | Shoes | Answer

Answer Flatfoot Shoes

Flatfoot

Submitted by Rob Brown a Downhiller from Orange County, CA

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2000

Strengths:    Cost, looks, comfort, sole,

Weaknesses:    heel slips out of shoe.

Bottom Line:
I can't find a shoe I like better than this one. I liked the comfort and protection of the Vans shoe but the sole sucked. This shoe's sole is great. When I'm clipped, it feels like I'm on a bmx platform pedal because the rubber is deep enough to touch the whole pedal. When you first get them it's a little difficult to clip in, because the rubber is so low, but it only takes a week to wear down enough to make it easy to clip in.

Favorite Trail:   Valhalla

Purchased At:   www.thebikeco.com

Similar Products Used:   Vans Duelist

Bike Setup:   M1 with SPD clip in platform pedals

Submitted by Tom a Weekend Warrior from Beverly

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2000

Strengths:    Insanely cheap
Comfortable walking in

Weaknesses:    Don't provide a whole lot of support when riding
A little bit tough to clip into but that could be the pedals

Bottom Line:
If you want a pair of comfortable shoes for lazy day rides, these are the shoes. They look good, you can walk in them without looking like a woman who just broke the heels off her high heels, and they are CHEAP! The doeside is that they are just fabic uppers. If you try to pull up on the pedals for more power, you feel like you're gonna come out of the top of them. Overall they are a great buy for what they are.

Similar Products Used:   hiking shoes, sneakers

Bike Setup:   00 Rockhopper A1 FS with Shimano 434 pedals

Submitted by Julian Evans a Weekend Warrior from Courtenay, BC, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2000

Strengths:    Styilin', Confertable, cheap, cheap, cheap.
Warm too.

Weaknesses:    Laces. Don't dry fast.

Bottom Line:
Let your wallet decide. These shoes are the cheapest thing next to sandles. And crappy sandles at that, get them for 20 bucks at supergo. Not the best shoe, but good for a tight budget.

Favorite Trail:   Tomato Creek

Similar Products Used:   flat pedals and running shoes

Bike Setup:   96 KHS Comp Full Supsension

Submitted by Jesse a Weekend Warrior from Iowa City, Iowa, US

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2000

Strengths:    Inexpensive
Stylin' (for an SPD shoe)
Comfy (for an SPD shoe)

Weaknesses:    Poor quality construction

Bottom Line:
Well, they look good, and are pretty comfortable, but the constuction wasn't all that great, I cut out the sole to find the cleat installation slots weren't centered where they should be. I had to cut out an additional part of the sole so I could mount the cleat far enough in so the shoe wouldn't rub on the crank.

The right shoe was also noticably larger than the left

Overall Id say these shoes are just OK overall. The low price helps make up for the lack of quality

Favorite Trail:   Sugar bottom

Similar Products Used:   my first

Bike Setup:   97 gary fisher, avid V's, XT derailleurs, Grip shift, Spyder R

Submitted by jayman a weekend warrior from montrose, CO

Date Reviewed: October 14, 1998

Bottom Line:

The answer flat foot shoes are the bomb!! These things are great for ridding anything, like a couple of weeks ago I was riding and I skidded on tem at least 500 ft. without any rips or tears.Flat foots are also super comfortable and look like regular shoes!
If you're looking to buy some new shoes these are the ones!
ride hard
Jayman

Submitted by DaveE a weekend warrior from London UK

Date Reviewed: October 6, 1998

Bottom Line:

Hey, 1st, I ride everyday, but I'm none of the above... maybe freerider would be more accurate if a bit cliche; well I do everything from XC to DH to jumping about. Ok, ok, I have a rigid bike, but that's cos I'm poor. Yes, DH is poor and hurts on a rigid bike before you ask! Well I left them outside one night by accident, and a fox got them :'((((
*Anyway*, these are THE BEST shoes ever!! I used them with my shimano Pedal and they were sweet. They felt great, looked great, and the quality was excellent... now you're wondering why this is all in the past tense, eh?
I was mad!!! I reckon I'm gonna buy the same pair of shoes twice in a row for the first time in my life, but that might have something to do with the fact I hate dodgy looking SPD shoes (shimano, anyone?) and these were he only good looking ones I found in any of my LBSs.I would recommend these to anyone. Definately 5 chillies.