Home | Reviews | Shoes | Adidas

• Hidden quick lace
  • Platform pedal + Rock friendly rubber outsole

Submitted by TurboSN95 a Weekend Warrior from Wallingford, CT, USA

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2009

Strengths:    Well made, no laces to get caught in chain, excellent protection since they are high tops. I can drive with these on, walk in stores, they are like regular sneakers but a little stiffer.

Weaknesses:    like the others said, if you were going to race they would be considered heavy. I did get some water in mine during winter use, perhaps i didn't put that little seal in correctly??

Bottom Line:
If you can get these for a good deal and don't care about weight, grab them. I don't have a lot of experience with these products, but I do like these quite a bit.

Favorite Trail:   Tyler Mill

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   These are my first pair of MTB shoes.

Bike Setup:   '06 Specialized Epic

Submitted by schneidie a Downhiller from South Windsor, CT

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2008

Strengths:    Clipless shoe, good fit, can walk in them

Weaknesses:    weight i guess

Bottom Line:
Good shoe if you get a good deal on them. They are a good way to get into XC or Am riding, they're durable as heck and would definitely do the job for DH. I haven't had any problems with them , and if you want a comfortable shoe, look at these.

Favorite Trail:   Killington

Similar Products Used:   Six Six one, adio skate shoes

Bike Setup:   07 Fisher custom hardtail, shimano deore, pd-520 pedals,

Submitted by Yuri Makassiouk a Cross Country Rider from Ålesund

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2006

Strengths:    It's actually possible to walk in them. Not like hiking very much, but you do not have to creep at least. I know bike shoes are not for walking, but on some technical rocky patches I found it very useful to have some traction if I had to do an "emergency dismount" and hold on to last shreds of balance. Saved me from falling at least a couple of times.
I have seriously wide feet and it's usually a problem to find something that fits well. Tried different shoes in shops but could never find anything to fit well.
They look very nice, too (me thinks)

Weaknesses:    The plastic thingie that holds the lace/wire - one part of it snapped right off (supposedly, in my suitcase, on a plane). So far it didn't seem to affect anything - it still holds and the little wheel that tightens the wire is not falling out by itself.

Bottom Line:
Very, very nice shoes. Definitely high end by quality and comfort. I'd guess, too heavy to race, but quite nice for recreational/training trail rides. Being able to walk without bending knees backwards is a large plus.
Recommended (well, I got a very good deal with a friend, so look at your budget). I'm not giving the highest rates only because I lack experience with a lot of different shoes.