Home | Reviews | Shoes | Adidas

• 3D mesh Polyester/Polyamide
  • Upper in synthetic leather

Submitted by Trystero a Racer from CA

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2008

Strengths:    Inexpensive, easy to walk in, breathe well

Weaknesses:    Strap system is poorly designed.

Bottom Line:
A great product for the price, but the straps are way too long, and cinching them tight makes me nervous for the strings. I used a different cleat plate, so I didn't have the problems others faced with their cleats. Still, I got more than I paid for.

Purchased At:   Performance

Bike Setup:   1973 Peugeot UO-8 with Shimano M520 pedals.

Submitted by Duan a Cross Country Rider from Aliso Viejo, CA USA

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2007

Strengths:    Affordable price

Weaknesses:    Affordable price, strapping tends to wear and fray

Bottom Line:
The affordable pricing of these shoes are both its plus and it's minus. The straps tend to be too long so when you velcro it tight some of the velcro does not mate up. My top left shoe strap is starting to fray as I pull to cinch down the shoe.

It is light and easy to walk in though especially when you are doing short hike-a-bike. Cool design from Adidas but the quality is lacking.

Next time i'll buy a shoe with a ratchet fastening system.

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Shimano

Bike Setup:   07 Ellsworth Epi

Submitted by Scott a Weekend Warrior from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2007

Strengths:    Weight, quick entry via velcro straps

Weaknesses:    Insole is very minimal. They are comfortable but they take a while to get used to.

Bottom Line:
Good shoes and good price. They are a very light shoe for the price. I was a little sketchy about the strings and velcro straps for retention but I have never had any issues with them and I have been using them for almost two years. I also have not had any issues with the cleats but thats not to say that the others have not. Another thing I liked about them was how well they breath. If you step in a puddle the water drains quickly and drys up fast as well. There is not much to the insole of the shoe so they can be a little uncomfortable at first but my feet got used to them quickly. If you are looking for a light shoe at a good price these are a good pair of shoes.

Purchased At:   Performance

Submitted by Thomas Coffin, Sr. a Weekend Warrior from Manquin, VA.

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2007

Strengths:    Price. Fits well. Looks Good. Well ventilated

Weaknesses:    Cleat nuts.

Bottom Line:
The reviews of these shoes are somewhat accurate. Yes, the cleat nuts suck. I just used the cleat setup from my old shoes. Problem solved. I can't think of anything else that is bad from these shoes. Yes, straps are long, but not in the way. They do use a string pull system to tighten the straps. Have not had a problem with them yet. I have the same system on my North Face hikers. They work well. I have had them for years. The bottom line is this. I got more than what I paid for. Other reviewers must be spoiled by Sidi shoes or the like to rate these shoes so poorly, or they are just too hard on their equipment. I enjoy them, and they match my color scheme to my bike. Bonus.

Favorite Trail:   Buttermilk, Richmond, VA.

Purchased At:   E-bay

Similar Products Used:   Sette. Diadora

Bike Setup:   2005 Specialized Rockhopper. Wellgo clipless pedals. WTB Weirwolf tires. Vuelta Starlite Rimes. Hayes Hydraulic Disc Brakes. Thudbuster seatpost.

Submitted by KI from Denver, CO

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2007

Strengths:    Mostly comfortable, look good, good ventilation, easy to walk in

Weaknesses:    Plastic cleat nut, as everyone has already mentioned

Bottom Line:
I had to put a word in and raise the rating on these shoes. I think they are decent shoes and they haven't given me any problems.

To the guy that wrote that they don't fit well ... that's what you get for buying any shoe online.

Yes, the existing cleat nut does suck and does strip, making it impossible to get the cleat to torque specs.

Why not just put a new nut in from a SPD cleat set instead of thinking its the end of the world? You can even buy the nut separately for $5 or less. It's not a big deal.

Submitted by rob a Cross Country Rider from Orlando, Florida, USA

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2006

Strengths:    inexpensive

Weaknesses:    Lots. Cheap looking plastic uppers. Strings and elastics seems flimsy. Straps too long. But the biggest has got to be the awful design of the cleat mounting plates, with their plastic threads. After stripping 2 of the holes, I finally got the rear holes to work so that my cleats would stay put, let's see how long they hold.

Bottom Line:
These shoes were cheap and are not uncomfortable, but I would never buy them again simply because of the problems with mounting the cleats -- which others have apparently experienced too.

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   Shimano, Sidi, Time, Diadora -- all were better

Bike Setup:   Schwinn Homegrown Team Pro hardtail, eggbeater pedals

Submitted by Nick a Cross Country Rider from Rural Retreat, VA, USA

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2006

Strengths:    none really

Weaknesses:    odd size, width and length OK, but seem tall with allot of extra material. Straps way too long.
The main beef is the crappy cleat plate on these shoes, both have stripped out.

Bottom Line:
Just a bad shoe all around. Terrible design.
I wouldn't recommend them to any one but a rival racer in hopes that their cleat plates would strip out during a race rendering their clip-less pedals useless!

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Specialized, Diadora

Bike Setup:   2005 Jamis Dakota XC

Submitted by Jay Pelletier a Racer from Reston, VA USA

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2006

Strengths:    Comfortable shoe. Look cool.

Weaknesses:    Inserts strip for cleats...

Bottom Line:
These shoes bite. Tightening the cleats - BOTH inserts stripped on BOTH shoes. These shoes sux. Lots of stitching and strings to break too.

Favorite Trail:   Elizabeth Furnace

Similar Products Used:   Performance shoes, Sidi

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel 8, American Classic Rims, Eason Seatpost, Everything else stock

Mach 6 a Marathon XC Racing Machine?

Do you think the Mach 6 could be made into a marathon class XC racing machine? I’m sure it’s a little long in travel for pure XC racing, but for the longer races, 4-5 of travel are the bees knees for all day comfort, saving the back and legs on the really long ones. Would 6 inches be even better i ... Read More »

2004 Marzocchi Marathon SL vs a new mid-level fork

I have a 2004 Gary Fisher Sugar 292 with a Marzocchi Marathon SL fork. I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to keep servicing this fork or is it time to just replace it. From what I can tell, this fork was near top of the line back in 2004. I was thinking about replacing it with some ... Read More »

XC Marathon Championships

July 27th at Sangers Farm. There is even a pump track near the barn for the non racers to play on. [url=http://www.xcmarathon.com/XCMarathon/Ontario_XCMarathon_Championships.html]Ontario XCMarathon Championships J&J Kingston Trophy[/url]Read More »

Marathon Nationals

Did I miss the coverage of Marathon Nationals? Or does everyone hate USAC and not care? Who won? How was Sun Valley's course? Anyone attend this event or know the scoop?Read More »

Single speed Boyne mountain marathon?

I am racing the Boyne mountain marathon for the championship point series in the single speed sport/beg. Category and was wondering what kind of gearing is good there. I usually run 32:17 on my 29er at my local trails in the grand rapids area. Any recommendations would be appreciated.Read More »