Home | Reviews | Shoes | Adidas

• Slim Ratchet
  • TPU + Rubber lugs for traction and durability

Submitted by SoIL57 a Cross Country Rider from Fountain, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2010

Strengths:    This shoe is really light, easy on/off with the ratcheting strap. There is little flex in the sole and yet it's still comfortable on hike-a-bike sections.

Weaknesses:    The mesh makes it pretty cold in the winter, but that's not what it's made for anyway.

Bottom Line:
Lightweight and a good price if you can find it on sale. Fits my feet. I have narrow feet and it was hard to find a 12.5 with a narrow width.

Favorite Trail:   Palmer Park

Purchased At:   Price Point

Bike Setup:   Specialized pitch, Salsa Ala Carte, Jamis Quest

Submitted by GORIDE722 a Racer from SOUTHINGTON, CT

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2010

Strengths:    CLOSURES ARE NICE, STIFF SOLE, RATCHETING MECHANISM WORKS EVEN WHEN FILLED W/MUD

Weaknesses:    UNCOMFORTABLE ANKLE CONTACT AT FRONT THAT NEVER GOES AWAY, MESH TEARS AWAY FROM LEATHER BITS, TOP STRAP BREAKS OFF

Bottom Line:
VERY FLASHY, UNCOMFORTABLE SHOE.
BEGINS TO DISINTEGRATE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.
THE CLOSURES ARE VERY NICE UNTIL THEY FALL OFF THE SHOE.

Favorite Trail:   SLAYER

Purchased At:   CAN'T REMEMBER

Similar Products Used:   MANY SHIMANO, SIDI & LAKE PRODUCTS

Bike Setup:   MOREWOOD MBUZI DHX5.0, LYRICK, X9 DRIVE, JUICY7, THOMPSON, FUNN, WTB DH WHEELS, EXCAVATORS, STANS

Submitted by fiziksdrop180 a Weekend Warrior from North Tonawanda, NY, US

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2008

Strengths:    Light weight, great ventilation, and very secure on the foot.

I personal think it is one of the best looking clipless shoes out there. No weird colors, just black and white and very slick looking.

They have a carbon fiber sole...enough said.

Weaknesses:    The shoe was extremely uncomfortable around the ankle area at first. It was very stiff and dug into my ankle while walking. It was quite painful. After about 3 months of use, the shoes have worn in and no longer dig into my ankle. I was tempted to return them initially, but I'm glad I didn't.

Bottom Line:
Lightweight, great ventilated, and securely fitting shoe. It is a little pricey at a $200 MSPR, so I'll give it a value rating of 4 chilis. The shoe was very uncomfortable at first (but not after being broken in), so I'll have to give 4 chilis for overall rating.

As far as the other reviewers mentioning the issue about the top strap...I've had no issues with that. The shoes are seems to hold up very well.

Favorite Trail:   Southern Tier of NY has some awesome singletrack

Purchased At:   wheelworld.com

Similar Products Used:   This is my first pair of clipless shoes.

Bike Setup:   I bought these shoes so I could use with both my road and mountain bike. Road bike - old old old Schwinn Sports Tourer 10 speed (restored to mint condition). Mountain bike - 1999 Ironhorse G-8 (which I rode way to hard for what it is) so now I just ordered a Mongoose Khyber Super!

Submitted by Jeff a Racer from Seattle

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2006

Strengths:    light and stiff and even semi-comfy.

Weaknesses:    same problem as this previous chap. Stitching at non-ratchet end is like perforated paper and rips clean and readily. Performance was very cool about the return, just to mention.

Bottom Line:
Good shoe but fatally flawed. Do not Buy.

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   Gaerne Leroi

Submitted by Joe a Weekend Warrior from Bedford

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2006

Strengths:    Comfortable, light and stiff.

Weaknesses:    Stitching that holds the top strap on. The stitching comes off opposite the buckle side allowing the top strap to fall off.

Bottom Line:
This was my second pair in a year. The first made it only 4 rides when the stitching came off on the top strape opposite of the buckle. I sent them back thinking it was a defective pair. The second pair made it through the summer and now the same thing. This is obviously a flaw in design. It is a shame because they are very stiff light and comfortable. Of course who wants to pay over a hundred dollars for a pair of shoes that make it only a season.

Purchased At:   Performance

Submitted by BOG a Cross Country Rider from Ann Arbor, MI

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2006

Strengths:    Comfortable, built well, hold up well, lightweight, look cool, price is not too bad.

Weaknesses:    Sizing runs a little big, price is not too good.

Bottom Line:
Very impressed with these shoes. I would recommend them to anyone. Later,

Favorite Trail:   All over the place