Home | Reviews | Jersey | Zoic

Zoic Protege Jersey

ZOIC Protege

Submitted by Todd a Cross Country Rider from Dallas, Tx

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2002

Strengths:    ventilation, material is smooth on the skin-side, textured on the outside, excellent pocket design

Bottom Line:
I usually don't bother to review mediocre products, just the great or horrible. This one happens to be great. I ride both mountain and road, so I've seen my share of glitzy, logo-laden, in-your-face jerseys. It's no wonder people in passing cars heckle cyclists. We look pretty freakshow with all the colors and logos.

Anyway, I first bought this jersey to see how well it ventilated in the heat (I ride in Texas, our "nice" weather window is short). Plus, it had the subdued styling I was hunting, and this K-wick fabric which is among the best of the poly fabrics I've seen (even some of Pearl's jerseys have that scratchy, grandma-pant polyester!). I regret that I only bought one of these jerseys, it works that well.

I also highly rate Zoic's Libertee t-shirt, which is also great for riding, although it has no pockets.

Purchased At:   planetoutdoors.com

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi jerseys and Boulder technical tee, Zoic Libertee, cheapie event ride jerseys

Bike Setup:   santa cruz tazmon, marzocchi atom bomb, xt/xtr, mavic 517's

Submitted by Gilatene a Weekend Warrior from New York

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2000

Strengths:    Excellent moisture control. Very good fit.

Bottom Line:
This jersey is very comfortable and the moisture wicking properties are outstanding. A+

Purchased At:   performancebike.com

Similar Products Used:   Bellwethers, Pearl Izumis

Bike Setup:   Marin Nail Trail '00

Submitted by Tim Mc Cormick a Cross-Country Rider from Salt Lake City,UT

Date Reviewed: September 2, 1999

Strengths:
The most comfortable jersey I have ever worn.
Well ventilated

Weaknesses:
I feel bad for never wearing my expensive team jersey.

Bottom Line:
You want to talk about cool. I know Salt Lake is not known for being cool... in the summer, but I can pull it off. this jersey has ventilated side pannels and a long zipper to keep you cooler than being naked. If it didn't have the pockets in the back, it would look good enough to hit the bars in...if we had any. I can ride bob sled after work and not explode or explode less than I usually would. This is defintly my favorite jersey. It give it negitive 5 chilis for the cool factor

Spin Cycle,Dear Vally