Home | Reviews | Jersey | Swobo

Swobo Merino Long-Sleeve Jersey

This icon of our product line has been updated with the most advanced Merino wool available today. The original Swobo long sleeve Merino jersey is back. Still featuring our legendary soft feel and technical comfort, the original just got better.

• Three pockets in the back.
  • Re-inforced bar tacking at major stress points.
  • Wide rib at sleeve and neck.
  • 100% MAPP Merino Wool from New Zealand.
  • Machine washable.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Blueliner a Cross Country Rider from Eastern Ontario

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2011

Strengths:    Comfortable, does not stink after several uses,can wear down to 10 deg C and not be chilled. Looks interesting, and I like the pockets in the back, and the tight fit.

Weaknesses:    susceptable to catches, those little rings of materials that stick up..then tear out taking a few stiches.

Bottom Line:
    I purchased the blue 753 version of this jersey to have something to wear for the transition months where it is too chilly for a T or "heat gear" type workout shirts that I would wear in the heat of the summer. It was ordered online, a week or so went by without a confirmation...which I ultimately had to get by calling...maybe that is the west coast relaxed way of doing things. It arrived another week and half after talking to the order guy. I bought the large as I am 5'11 and 180lbs, this jersey is not kind to those of us that are carrying a few extra pounds around the waist. The blue colour is really bright, so you remain visible. It is very comfy for spring riding (North East) with the fluctuaion of temperatures. I am not sure if Swobo intended it to be worn thru the woods where you rub on vegetation, this has resulted in a number of "catches" where the fibres form a little loop sticking up after being rubbed by something sharp, making it even more susceptable to potential snags. The three pockets in the back make it super convenient to carry the usual stuff for those short rides. It is also nice to wear something that does not have the tacky "fox","specialized" logos etc all over it (which is what a lot of riders wear around here), very understated, obscure (for my region anyways) and different which is nice.

Favorite Trail:   Goodrich Loomis

Purchased At:   Swob0..online

Similar Products Used:   I really like addidas clima cool stuff, cheap at outlet stores...and durable.

Bike Setup:   Scott Spark...bone stock. Trek 4300 converted to single speed.