Royal Racing Java Shot Jersey

Don't bother trying to recycle your own spent coffee grounds to make your next bike jersey?leave that to the pros at Royal Racing. The Java Shot 1/4-Zip Bike Jersey is constructed from an environmentally-conscious blend of synthetic and renewable fibers made from recycled coffee grounds, which wick moisture and resist post-ride funk like polyester, but without being so harsh on the planet on which you so dearly love to ride your bike.Quarter-length neck zipper lets you dump excess heat when things start getting too warmTaped neck seams won't scratch or irritate your skin while wearing a hydration packChamois fabric for optic wipe located on jersey hem

Royal Racing Java Jersey Pro Review

I have been wearing the Royal Racing Java Jersey, MW365 Jersey and Shorts since this winter, and I found them to be comfortable, durable and feature laden. The excellent long sleeved Java Jersey has been a pleasure to wear while riding during the test period, and it’s made with the innovative S. Café fabric, which utilizes recycled coffee granules. This long-sleeved jersey is an excellent product, which is comfortable and simple, yet has great functionality and features. Continue reading →

Submitted by Mr.Quint a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2012

Strengths:    Looks, comfort, breathability

Weaknesses:    snags, snags, snags, oversized

Bottom Line:
I want to give this jersey a good review so badly, but not as much as I wish it wasn't covered with thread pulls and snags.

I actually saw this one in a magazine on one of the riders, and tracked it down. I was so happy I found it for half off (I think the orange was last year's model). I got it, and like reviews said, it was a little bigger than I expected, but that's not a huge problem. It felt really nice, and it's comfortable, looks very good, and does breathe very well. The problem is that before I even got out on the trail, I had thread pulls coming out of it left and right. If you're riding through the woods, you're going to hit branches and bushes along the way, and it's going to tear this jersey apart.

So I cut off most of the loose threads and go ride, and do it again. I don't have any holes yet, but it's certainly disappointing.

Also, they say it's made with recycled coffee grounds, and that makes it not smell as much. It smells just like the other jerseys, so that's not a thing. The fabric does feel good on the skin though.

I want to recommend it, but I can't.

Favorite Trail:   Bear Brook, NH

Purchased At:   Huck n Roll

Similar Products Used:   Fox Baseline SS jersey

Submitted by Lorin a Weekend Warrior from holbrook,az,usa

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2011

Strengths:    Comfortable, light weight,

Weaknesses:    snags easily

Bottom Line:
Very comfortable, even on summer days. The extended zipper keeps you extra cool for the really hot summer days. The only issue is it snags easily, if there is any velcro on or near the jersey it will snag and there in lies the problem. My hydration pack has velcro on it to keep loose straps down and they wreaks havoc with my jersey.

Favorite Trail:   anything fun