Showers Pass Century Jacket Jackets

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

The Century Jacket is the best light weight jacket you can buy anywhere, for any price. Designed for the person who wants to cycle 100 miles in a day, or needs cover fast.

Submitted by cleo a Weekend Warrior from New Orleans

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2008

Strengths:    Bright, good reflection, retractable extended back tail, well vented

Weaknesses:    Long tail catches on saddle when getting up for a real effort, pit-zips leak, front chest pocket leaks, front zip leaks

Bottom Line:
It seems I have a different product than the previous posters. I got this jacket so I would have a waterproof barrier that was well vented making a 50 degree downpour a dry and warm experience. This was not to be. The jacket leaked walking in the rain, with all zips closed. I contacted the company (email) multiple times and received no reply. Riding in heavy rain, I had my phone in the chest pocket, and it got soaked (yes, it was zipped), as well wet through the other zippers. I'm quite disappointed, as my Arcteryx jacket is flawless, but not as vented as you would want on a bike. The Showers Pass works well in light rain, but here in New Orleans, you can get some serious precipitation... So I have a really expensive wind breaker. One final note, I have the Showers Pass waterproof breathable rain pants, and they are great. Well vented, no leaking. Those get 5 Flamin' Chilies!

Favorite Trail:   Comite, BR

Purchased At:   Licktons

Similar Products Used:   Arcteryx sidewinder jacket

Bike Setup:   Used on my commuter with full fenders, lights, rack.

Submitted by Scott A. from Columbus, Oh

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2008

Strengths:    Extremly waterproof, breathable

Weaknesses:    Water repellancy seems to diminish over time. But it can be rejuvenated following manufactures instructions.

Bottom Line:
I was looking for the "Best" rainjacket available. And I think I found it with Showers Pass.I've had mine for a little under a year. It works as advertised. I have noticed over time that I get a little moisture in heavy rain. But the label says you can rejuvenate the water repellant by following the label instructions. I've yet to do this but I will. If this doesn't work. Then I'll use ReviveX. But the jacket is a great all-around jacket. Takes the place of having several jackets for different conditions. It makes a great outer shell in Cold temps. This with a SportHill cold weather jacket underneath keeps me comfortable down to the mid-teens. Fit is good. I'm 5'9" 170lbs. Only drawback is they don't make it anymore. But Showers Pass is good stuff.

Favorite Trail:   Daily Commuter

Purchased At:   Showers Pass website

Similar Products Used:   Old Cannondale jacket that felt like a sauna.

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher

Submitted by Yasmin Halcrow a Racer from Australia

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2007

Strengths:    Highly waterproof and very breathable. Packs up small to easily fit in jersey pocket.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found one yet - although you'd need more layering in cold climes.

Bottom Line:
This is the best technical jacket I have ever used. Brilliant for biking in the rain. Doesn't get hot & sweaty, even when battling up massive hills. Went jogging in this jacket through the hills & even that didn't cause discomfort.
Dave Morrow at Showers Pass went out of his way to find a women's size XS for me (sizing is often a problem for me). Customer service was excellent.
Don't waste your money - buy this jacket or similar Showers Pass brand. It works.

Favorite Trail:   Adelaide Hills

Purchased At:   Showerspass.com

Similar Products Used:   Netti Diva Storm Jacket, Zoot Sports Flex.

Bike Setup:   Varies: Road, hybrid & MTB. Setup varies.