Royal Racing Alpine Soft Shell Jackets

The Royal Racing Alpine Softshell Bike Jacket is your ticket to four glorious seasons of riding. Warm up your favorite singletrack in the spring, bag the chilliest technical peaks in the summer, rip downhill through crunchy leaves in the fall, and welcome winter by toasting to a year well ridden at the local mountain hot springs. These seasons of fun are made possible by the Alpine's stretchy and waterproof shell and zippered ventilation, which ensure you're ready for whatever weather the year decides to throw at you.

Submitted by alatinoloco a Cross Country Rider from Plainfield, NJ

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2012

Strengths:    Rode in the snow along with a merino wool base layer plus another base layer in 14 degrees and I was warm and toasty. jacket kept the wind out and it let my heat escape. I did not overheat. If you factor in the wind chill it in the single digits. i ride in New Jersey and it gets very cold and I ride all year long.

Weaknesses:    None so far! But will keep you posted!!!

Bottom Line:
So far the jacket has lived up to its hype. I have also done a night ride at Six Miles in Somerset NJ and it was 12 degrees and a light drizzle and it keep me dry and toasty! I would highly recommend this jacket to all my fellow mountain bikers!!!! I couldn't give it five chillis because I have only had it a month.

Favorite Trail:   Hartshorne Park

Purchased At:   Cutters Bike Shop in

Bike Setup:   2011 trek Superfly Elite 100, Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires ready to shred some trails!