Pearl Izumi Booties Jackets

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Pearl Izumi Booties

Submitted by zelig a Weekend Warrior from London

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2000

Strengths:    Well made from quality materials. More recent models are improved.

Weaknesses:    Lack of water resistant finish

Bottom Line:
My first pair are close to 10 years old and finally about to give up the ghost. The sole material, orginally a concern has lasted quite long. I bought another pair, two year ago and they're improved the lining material using a light fleece versus the prior flannel-lie stuff and have gone to a larger reflective tab. In my location you can ride year round but 6 of the months you're in some sort of booties. For me feet, they're good for down to about 40-45F at which point I go to neoprene.

These are durable, fit well and last a long time. Buy them on sale.

Favorite Trail:   tailwind

Similar Products Used:   Giordana, Nalini, Sidi, Lusso, PYI and Pro Vision

Bike Setup:   Vortex

Submitted by Dan K. from truckee, ca

Date Reviewed: June 24, 1996

Bottom Line:

Even though it's late June it snowed a little here today!! I got some Pearl Izumi booties so my feet wouldn't freeze this week, and they were on sale so I'm prepared for winter as well. They are easy to slip on thanks to a large rear zipper. A reflective tab covers the zipper at the top. Tasteful, with a PI logo on the side, and the rest is black. Cutting out the bottom for the cleat is easily done with scissors. Make sure you try them on over the shoes you'll be wearing before buying. I wear 43's and I have larges. Normally priced at about 50 I just got mine for 27.