Fox Racing Fox Tech Vest Jackets

Another Killer product from Fox Racing. This vest is the perfect for "layering" up during the winter months. Layering means to wear clothes that you can put on or remove as the temperature changes. For Example... you can wear a vest and arm warmers. When it gets to hot, you can take the arm warmers off. Keep the vest on to protect your chest. This vest has a rear pocket, and can fold into iteslf minimize space.

Submitted by Sprocketeer a Cross Country Rider from Narashino, Chiba, Japan (native of New York)

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2002

Strengths:    It's indestructable

Weaknesses:    Armor piercing anti-tank shells perhaps?

Bottom Line:
Sorry to post twice, but I just had my worst crash ever on Saturday while wearing this thing. I went end-over-end, landed and slid on JAGGED ROCKS, which turned my entire right side from shoulder to knee into hamburger meat. There were hematomas so big on my arm that I thought I had broken it in several places--turned out to be OK--the bleeding didn't stop in a couple of places for two days, and the damage to this jacket was one small rip, smaller than a dime!

I threw it in the washer to get the blood out when I got home and couldn't even find the rip until I had been looking for about five minutes. I was in disbelief. It was like someone had snuck in and put a new jacket in it's place.

And now I can only think that I would have had to get a lot of stitches if it weren't for the strength of the material Fox made this jacket out of. It's thin, like tafetta, but it sure holds up to extreme abuse.

A big thanks to FOX Racing Inc.! You just saved me from extreme injuries and, even more amazingly, your product is still as good as new.

Favorite Trail:   The road of life! (I guess I better get some body armor)

Purchased At:   Seo Cycle, LalaPort Tokyo Bay shopping mall, Funabashi, Chiba

Similar Products Used:   Fox Tech Jacket

Bike Setup:   Trek race geometry frame, race level components--my monster

Submitted by Sprocketeer a Cross Country Rider from Narashino, Chiba, Japan (native New Yorker)

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2002

Strengths:    1. Keeps the wind out when all closed up.
2. Repells grime
3. It's made of high quality ripstop
3. Generous pockets in the front and rear
4. Highly reflective material front and back for safety.
5. Mesh lining for breathablity and 'anti-stickiness'

Bottom Line:
OK, I confess. I have the Fox Tech Jacket, but not the vest. That is to say, not yet!

The vest is exactly the same as the jacket, minus the sleeves and I can't praise the jacket enough. But instead of telling you all the reasons this is AWESOME cycling wear let me just tell you that if you find yourself wearing multiple layers to stay warm while cycling just get one of these and a thermafleece shirt and you'll be toasty.

Favorite Trail:   I like it hard and dirty, baby!!

Purchased At:   Seo Cycle pro shop, LalaPort shopping mall at Tokyo Bay (Funabashi-shi, Chiba-ken)

Similar Products Used:   Fox Tech Jacket

Bike Setup:   Who cares! We're talking jackets here!