Endura Windchill Jackets

Cut through cold weather with the wind-cheating and breathable Endura Windchill Jacket. Thermal Roubaix fabric on the underarm and back provides insulation and warmth while the windproof front panels protect you from chilly winds.

Submitted by stepitup_onenotch a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2012

Strengths:    definitely wind proof
the front chest area and frontal arm area are waterproof
very warm and very light
great looking

Weaknesses:    not enough ventilation

Bottom Line:
I have had this jacket for 3 months and it has taken me a few rides to 'learn' this garment. It is a ridiculously warm jacket, the other day it was 8°C and all I wore underneath was a sleeveless polyester jogging t-shirt. For the coldest days I wear a long sleeve ski base layer and find that is good enough. I sweat up easily in this coat but I am one of those guys who sweats a lot regardless.

The jacket is very light, you hardly notice that it is on. The inner side is very soft on the skin and it moves and stretches in all the right places. Overall it is very comfortable to wear. There are zippered vents under the arms that are easy to work on the fly. There is a zip pocket on the chest with a small glasses wipe inside and three stash pockets on the back with another small zip pocket.

I am a lanky 6'4" and 185 lbs. I purchased size XL and the jacket is just long enough in the sleeves. Like all Endura products it is very slim fitting, particularly in the arms.

Bike Setup:   2013 STUMPJUMPER FSR COMP CARBON 29