Endura Flyte Jackets

Finding a cycling jacket to keep you dry during the rainy season isn't hard. If all you wanted was to simply stay dry, you could wrap yourself in Tyvek and hit the trails. However, if you want to stay dry, have unrestricted movement of your arms and torso as you ride and look somewhat stylish, the objective is a little more challenging. The Endura Flyte Jacket combines the best technology in breathable waterproof fabric combined with a lightweight anatomic fit. This hard-shell all-weather jacket will keep you dry in the most adverse conditions without weighing you down. The Flyte Jacket is composed of three-layer PTFE fabric. The most breathable waterproof membrane currently on the market, PTFE works by weaving the fabric in a lattice pattern, allowing air to easily circulate without allowing moisture penetration. This 12,000mm waterproof and 28,0000g breathable ratings remain even after multiple machine washes. Anatomic panels throughout the jacket provide a precise fit and each seam is welded so there is no traditional stitching to allow leaks. Three-layer stretch panels cover each shoulder so that the jacket doesn't tug at your shoulders as you reach for the bars. A full zipper finishes mid neck and Velcro keeps the zipper panel securely closed. A drawcord at the nape of the neck allows a custom fit and keeps any water from trickling inside. The sleeve is gusseted toward the cuff, allowing easy maneuverability around gloves. To tighten the fit, simply snug the Velcro tabs around the wrist. A laser cut pocket in the chest contains a tethered glasses wipe and large rear pocket keeps all stowables secure and dry. The drop-tail hem provides ample coverage in the rear and is fully adjustable by means of an internal drawcord. The Endura Flyte Jacket is available in Black and Red in five sizes from Small through XX-Large. Both colors employ reflective flush inset panels in the front and rear for complete 360-degree reflectivity.

Submitted by Todd Stoelk a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2015

Strengths:    This jacket, hmmm? originally when I first received this I was really impressed with how waterproof, windproof and the quality of detail that Endura put into it. I have been through some torrential downpours with it and stayed dry and warm. Almost 5 flamin' chilis at first sight!

Weaknesses:    Now, 2 years later, the majority of the seam tape has come loose and the seams leak terrible, not so waterproof anymore. I contacted Endura and was told they have only a one year product warranty and I am REQUIRED to have proof of puchase for a return even if it is less than one year old. Well, I do not have proof of purchase as I received it as a gift and therefore strike two against me for any repair or warranty review. I was told to have a local seamstress or shop repair it the best they could.

Bottom Line:
If it were a North Face or Mountain Hardware product I would have been told to launder it, box it up with my contact information, send it off to them and 3 to 4 weeks later it would returned or replaced. No questions asked! I am disappointed in Endura's product support and customer care.I even offered to pay them to repair it since it was out of warranty and was told "we do not do repairs" I would not recommend spending $257.99 on this and have it fail after 1 /12 to 2 years old. I think I will steer away from Endura products from here on out due to their lack of customer service.

Duration Product Used:   2 years