Specialized 03 Allez Helmet Helmet

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Sleek, lightweight, well-ventilated, affordable helmet oriented to the needs of the road rider. Features 20 vents, Clip-on visor, Braintrust fit system and more. CPSC certified.

Submitted by Mike M. a Downhiller from London, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2004

Strengths:    Durable, Lots of vents, nice Visor, Cool Colours, Comfy, Looks good!

Weaknesses:    Didn't have any yet.

Bottom Line:
Great helmet. I got it at a sale, so I got lucky. If you can afford, buy the Giro Switchblade, otherwise, this is a great helmet.

Favorite Trail:   Medow Lily

Purchased At:   All Season Sports

Bike Setup:   Specialized P3 '03 Stock

Submitted by Dan A a Cross Country Rider from Bloomfield Hills, Mi, USA

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2003

Strengths:    Its kinda light, nice fitting and cool colors. the brain trust system is a pretty cool idea too.

Weaknesses:    the bucket shape was a little odd for me, so it felt kinda strange on my head. the visor connects to too much of the helmet.

Bottom Line:
i was out with some buddies at a trial and i had left my giro E2 at home, so we swung by the bike shop and found this for a good price. Got it, used it, saved my life. i was heading over the crest of a short little hill so i bunny hopped at the top, landed right into a tire trap. endo city... landed on my head, slid down the rest of the hill on the side of my face, few outta the way and my bike flew over my head. when i got up, i noticed some black chunks in the dirt, the visor had broken off and taken a lot of the front portion of the helmet with it. that and most of the outter covering was gone too. but in the end i'm alive because of it. e-mail me and i can send you the pics of myself and the helmet after the ride.

Favorite Trail:   PLRA