SixSixOne Dirt Lid Helmet

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

Whether you?re boosting huge airs at the local dirt jumps, getting g?d out on the 4X track, or messing around in the skate park, the Six Six One Dirt Lid Helmet's 9 vents cool your head while a foam inner and hard plastic shell keep your brains from going on display.

Submitted by Hagen a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2013

Strengths:    solid construction, looks great, removable cloth pads of many thicknesses.

Weaknesses:    little on the warm side here in Texas, but hey its a helmet.

Bottom Line:
Great product, I'd recommend it to anyone needing a helmet for under $30. It far exceeds most of the other helmets that I've used for way less money. Traditional skater style profile. Shell is made from ABS. It weighs 420gr. One size fits all. Additional comfort pads are included. Multi-sports use. Complies to standards: CPSC, CE: 1078, AS/NZS 2063

Favorite Trail:   Walnut Creek Park, Austin TX

Duration Product Used:   3 months or so

Purchased At:   Amazon.com

Similar Products Used:   Protec Classic, Protec Ace

Submitted by Nadric a Cross Country Rider from Maryland

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2011

Strengths:    Looks great. Feels sturdy. Comes with multiple pads to adjust fitting.

Weaknesses:    Not for big heads. Doesn't fit mine (62cm / 24.25in).

Bottom Line:
If you have a normal shaped head, I'm sure this would be a great helmet. For the cranially gifted like myself, look elsewhere.

Favorite Trail:   Patapsco

Purchased At:   Price Point

Submitted by Tyler Kiefer a Cross Country Rider from San juan Capistrano

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2009

Strengths:    fits my head perfect, strong, light enough, good enough ventilation, stylish

Weaknesses:    none really

Bottom Line:
This helmet saved me from a trip to the E.R. or worse today. I accidentally crash tested it and it did its job. Thank you 661.

Favorite Trail:   rock-it

Purchased At:   sport chalet

Similar Products Used:   bell helmets

Bike Setup:   '07 specialized P.

Submitted by momoe a Weekend Warrior from Barnhart MO USA

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2008

Strengths:    fits better than any of the other bike helmets I have had

Weaknesses:    one size fits all with add in pads doesn't make it "universal"

Bottom Line:
for $13 you cant pass it up. I like the skater helmet feel better than the typical cycle helmet. I like the way it covers more of the back of my head. its a little snug but it feels secure.

Favorite Trail:   Chubb