Home | Reviews | Helmet | MET

MET Sine Thesis Helmet

MET Sine Thesis Helmet 2010. Helmets MTB. Sine Thesis Road helmet introduces a new approach to helmet construction, maximizing weight saving, ventilation, comfort and aerodynamics. Tested during the 2008 Tour de France by Liquigas and Cofidis Teams, Sine Thesis features three patented i ....

Submitted by DPS68

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2012

Strengths:    None really, except maybe the gel pads...if I actually trusted the helmet enough to wear when riding

Weaknesses:    Low quality manufacturing, too cheap construction compared to high price and hype, poor fit

Bottom Line:
Absolute junk. I did a lot of research when trying to find a good helmet to replace my five-year old Giro Atmos. I was happy with my Giro, but wanted to try something different. The Sine Thesis looked good in photos and seemed to get good reviews. I was very disappointed as soon as I opened the box of the Met helmet. The manufacturing looks cheap compared to the price paid. As soon as I put it on my head the low quality manufacturing held true in functionality as well - the dial adjustment mechanism fell apart with only a couple of turns to fit it to my head...I mean actually came apart in pieces. The dial adjustment components and housing look like something that comes in a Kinder Egg. If you are not familiar with a Kinder Egg, it is a hollow chocolate egg that contains a cheap plastic toy for children to assemble. Yes, the mechanism is of that level of quality. I was able to snap the pieces back together well enough to attempt fit to see if maybe I want to return the helmet and try another. The front Gel pads seemed nice, but the sides couldn't be adjusted to touch my head...yes, I used the Met size chart to select the correct size helmet before my purchase. But even worse on the fit was the sharp edges from the plastic straps holding the web to the rear adjustment mechanism, which dug into the back of my head, likely to cause a headache within an hour - assuming I would be willing to trust this helmet with my life and wear it on a ride. I think I will go back to Giro.