Louis Garneau T-Bone V Helmet

Weight : 8 oz. MSRP : $95.00

At 8 oz. and 33 vents, possibly the lightest helmet on the market as of today. The T-Bone helmet is also, by its construction of outer polycarbonate structure which is raised by 3 mm, the safest helmet out there!Its U-Bar construction creating a protection cage around your head, allows for better distribution of energy upon impact.

Submitted by Neil a Weekend Warrior from Kasas City

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2006

Strengths:    Fit, weight, retention

Weaknesses:    Can't find it anymore but really none

Bottom Line:
This helmet is amazingly light yet feels sturdy. My Bell Delirium fits nothing like it. The retention device squeezes in from all sides due to the shape of the helmet. It is such a nice helmet. I hardly wear the Giro or Bell anymore. Where can I find another one?

Purchased At:   Don't remember

Similar Products Used:   Giro and Bell

Bike Setup:   A couple of sweet rigs with 4" travel

Submitted by Dan Rosso a Cross Country Rider from London

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2006

Strengths:    Light, durable, adjustable fit, breaths extremely well. In short, the best helmet for my melon out there.

Bottom Line:
Buy this helmet for your melon! I've tried bell and Giro and this helmet beats both of them. You can adjust it to fit your melon no matter what. It's very light, durable, and wears extremely well.

Favorite Trail:   Devils Punchbowl

Purchased At:   Jensen

Similar Products Used:   Bell, Giro

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth Isis, Fox shocks, Truvative cranks and scram a very sweet ride!

Submitted by mark a Cross Country Rider from central va

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2006

Strengths:    weight, fit, durability, looks, ventilation, can wear it for hours in the heat or cold without getting the "helmet headache"

Weaknesses:    pads too thin for hairless heads

Bottom Line:
I reviwed this a couple of years ago and am still using it. its been a great helmet and other than the pads being too thin since shaving my head and have no more hair to help with padding Id say this helmet is my all time favorite.
I took some med/thin pads from another helmet( the foam non coolmax type but have a coolmax shell) and replaced the ones that came with it with them and now it feels as comfortable as any helmet Ive ever used, still has all the other strengths so if I could Id give it 6 chilis.
also the LG customer service is awesome. I did it by internet not long ago and got free replacement pads on a 2 year old helmet AND they asked if that was all I needed replaced!!!
definetly get this helmet if you want a great value and not give up anything in return

Similar Products Used:   Bell, Schwinn,Trek, Xmart etc.

Bike Setup:   Devinci Guzzler w/upgrades

Submitted by Brian a Cross Country Rider from Frederick, MD

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2006

Strengths:    Light, strong, good air flow. Spiderlock very functional!-- fits helmet snuggly to noggin.

Weaknesses:    N/a.

Bottom Line:
Excellent helmet...strong and light with plenty of air flow. One set of replacement inner pads came with it, but I'm needing to replace them again. Liner pads have really gotten thin, soft outter lining often peels off with wear. Gonna call LG and see if they'll send me some replacement pads for free:) Great helmet at a great price! Buy one!

Submitted by Zachary a Cross Country Rider from Durango

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2006

Strengths:    Venting. Strength. Great Warranty

Weaknesses:    Sizing. These fit small so you may need a size larger.

Bottom Line:
This helmet saved me from becoming a vegetable. I had a noccurance where I found myself off trail on a steep slope and my head smashed up against a rock. The helmet broke but did exactly what it was supposed to. It kept my head from becoming a grey matter soup pot. All I had to show for the crash were some scratches and a severe headache. Currently looking for another one!

Favorite Trail:   All of them

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Bell Evo, Giro Xen, Giro Monza

Bike Setup:   Steel Hardtail

Submitted by mark a Cross Country Rider from central va.

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2004

Strengths:    looks,fit,weight,tested by independent source

Weaknesses:    n o n e

Bottom Line:
it took a bit to get it set right but once I got it I did not know it was on. I kept reaching, on my first ride with it,up thinking Id forgotten my helmet. I am coming from a BMX helmet so the fit is totally different. I thought Id never find a helmet as comfortable as the one I was using. if you want a comfortable forget you are wearing one helmet, that meets many safety standards and not just the minimal,that is ultra cool to look at,an excellent value,a 1 year replacement guarentee,breathes well yet works in cool weather without a skullcap then give this one a try on your head. I bet you will not want to lose it for warranty replacement. this is the most comfortable helmet Ive worn in 10+ years of wearing them

Favorite Trail:   Pocahontas green