Home | Reviews | Helmet | Limar

Limar 104 Ultralight Pro MTB Helmet

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

You spend Tons of hours meticulously calculating howTo shave weight from your bike. However, have you everThought about your 5 year old helmet adding static weightTo your bike?The Limar Ultralight MTB helmet will help you shave some grams. Weighing in at approximately 210 grams (large,) you may forget your even wearing a helmet. 22 large air vents will keep you cool coastingThe hills.The helmet pads are removable, washable, and comfortable.This may just become your next favorite helmet.

Submitted by Quique Reus

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2013

Strengths:    It's rely light & strong!

Weaknesses:    it could be in my head shape, but some times feel it like if don't fit all my head...

Bottom Line:
i'm writing this because yesterday I was hit by a car, I hit the windshield with my back and head (obviously I was wearing my Limar helmet). My back have a lot of scratches and big wounds, but most important my head it's ok!

Submitted by Dgage

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2012

Strengths:    lightwieght, strong, good ventilation

Weaknesses:    chin strap would become loose after a few rides

Bottom Line:
Bought this helmet a couple of months ago. Epic crash last night. I went over the handlebars going down a hill and landed directly on my head. I could actually feel the helmet compress as hit the ground. The helmet took some damage but did its job in protecting my head. Buying another one and so is my friend who witness the whole thing. He was so impressed that he wanted one too.

Submitted by IMWhippet1

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2012

Strengths:    Light weight, excellent fit/comfortable, adjustable, well vented, doesn't look big on my head compared to other high-end helmets, stylish

Weaknesses:    black matte finish looks awesome but I have a feeling it will show cosmetic wear more than traditional gloss finish

Bottom Line:
I have had some high-end Giro and LG helmets over the years and the Limar tops them all. It's noticeably lighter than an of my other helmets. It fits and looks great. For sizing, I usually fall right in the middle of small and medium with Giro and LG. Small feels a little snug and medium is too big. The Limar S/M solves that issue for me.