Home | Reviews | Helmet | Giro

Giro Venus Womens Helmet

Weight : 298 grams MSRP : $40.99

The Universal Fit shell is sized specifically to fit a woman’s noggin, with the usual uncompromising performance you expect from Giro. Acu-Loc fit system, removable Snap-fit visor, 18 air-sucking vents. CPSC certified.

Submitted by matt a Weekend Warrior from bucks, pa, usa

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2006

Strengths:    Universal fit goes small enough to fit my 7 yo daughter. She loves the color and graphics. Aside from the size adjustment tabs (see below) the helmet is solidly made and has held up well.

Weaknesses:    The little tabs used to adjust the size didn't work as well on my daughters Venus as they did on my Torrent. Harder to adjust size and one of them ultimately broke off.

Bottom Line:
Helmet's held up well except for the adjuster tab issue. Haven't had any problem with the same tabs on either my or my son's Torrent II. I'd complain about the strap adjustment locks, which come undone pretty easily, but I think that has more to do with my daughter playing with them than any design flaw. She's dropped the helmet a thousand times and it hasn't cracked. Still looks pretty good for all the abuse. Very good all purpose helmet for the money.

Favorite Trail:   delaware canal towpath

Purchased At:   performance bike

Similar Products Used:   Giro Torrent II and Giro Transit

Bike Setup:   20" purple Giant Taffy with 16 tooth rear cog, narrower road tires and handlebar mounted water bottle...way cool. My daughter rocks!

Submitted by alusha a Weekend Warrior from san francsico

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2006

Strengths:    This helmet comes in small medium and large rather than the universal fit. It was great to be able to buy a small helmet which fit me well. I also liked the way the helmet adjusted at the back of the skull, giving a more secure fit. It was also very affordable.

Weaknesses:    I have found that I get hot using this helmet on longer rides. I think the ventilation isn't all that great for longer harder rides.

Bottom Line:
I would recommend this helmet for someone who has a short commute to work or does very cruisy weekend rides.

Purchased At:   REI