Bontrager Quantum Helmet

4.6/5 (5 Reviews)

Available in up to four sizes for a tailored fit, Quantum features great ventilation, excellent coverage, and of course Bontrager's signature out-of-the-box comfort and incredible ease-of-use. A removable visor adds to the value of a helmet that feels just as at home on the trail as it does on the road.

Submitted by Benhur Asuncion a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2013

Strengths:    style , fitting, vents, color

Weaknesses:    none for me

Bottom Line:
i love using the helmet gives me great looks.

Duration Product Used:   2 weeks

Purchased At:   Subic base free port

Similar Products Used:   Bell

Bike Setup:   MTB

Submitted by Mike N.

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2013

Strengths:    Fits great, very comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Looks big on your head.

Bottom Line:
Seems about right for a $65 helmet. In hindsight I would spend the extra $40 and get a really bad@ss helmet.

Submitted by Ciclistagonzo a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2013

Strengths:    Comfort, and head coverage

Weaknesses:    Just a bit heavy.

Bottom Line:
I've worn all kinds of helmets in the past 20+ years of riding and the Quantum was a suprise find. VERY comfortable, the padding is well spaced and supportive and the retaining system very easy to use.
I find a helmet is doing it's job best when I don't notice it and even on the first ride the Quantum was that comfy and cool that I never noticed it. Amazing good helmet even before you factor in the price.

Similar Products Used:   Bell Sweep XC, Bell Volt, Giro Animas, Giro Xen

Submitted by HumboldtBrad

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2012

Strengths:    super lightweight, lots of air flow, very comfortable and a good value

Bottom Line:
It is an excellent helmet it is well worth the price

Submitted by heyyall a Cross Country Rider from Rochester, MN, USA

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2012

Strengths:    Reasonably light, fits great (no pressure points and free of shake), great styling

Bottom Line:
I set out for a comfortable, secure fitting helmet to replace an aging helmet. I tried several helmets on and found that most with the "roc-loc"-type of adjustment fit my head well, so it came down to price and style. I liked the Quantum's style at first glance and the price point was just what I was looking for (~$60 US).

I have worn the helmet this fall and winter, so it is hard to gauge how effective the venting will be as the temperature rises. But for winter riding, I'm very happy that I can easily loosen the "micro-manager" (roc-loc equivalent) and wear a thermal cap under the helmet. The fit isn't compromised once the "micro-manager" is tightened back up.

The weight of the helmet seems comparable to similar models in this price point. Trek/Bontrager publishes the weight for a large (my size) at 350g. On my kitchen scale, my helmet comes in at 362g. The difference could be the visor, but 12g is "close enough" in my books.

Overall, I'm very happy with the helmet. There isn't anything I would change on it and I have no regrets on the selection.