Home | Reviews | Helmet | Bell

Bell X-Ray 50th Anniversary Edition Helmet

50th Anniversary version comes in special Pewter color and includes a limited edition Bell carrying case.

Submitted by Jeff Gerhardt a Racer from Waite Park, MN USA

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2004

Strengths:    From the GPS rention system to the ease of adjustment, this lid has served me well. The 50th aniversery color is great and the helmet bag is very functional for other "soft" gear as well.

Weaknesses:    The only one I have been able to ever come up with is the visor. it works for casual riding, but in attack mode on my racer, it gets in the way for looking far enough down the trail.

Bottom Line:
I work at a bike shop so I was able to EP the 50th Anniversary X-Ray, but weither you get a standard X-ray or spend $25 more for paint and a bag, you can't go wrong. Great ventilation, and fit. I will use one on or off road for as long as Bell keeps the model Every rider needs a helmet and every helmet has a place, but if you are serious about riding, then $100-$125 for an X-Ray is worth your safety and comfort. I recomend this lid to anyone.

Favorite Trail:   Elk River, MN

Purchased At:   Direct from Bell

Similar Products Used:   I have a 2002 Bell Xray that is the reason I got the 50th anniversary edition.

Bike Setup:   Kline Attitude Race frame. Full XTR, with custom hand built wheels from T. Hanson.