Home | Reviews | Helmet | Bell

Bell Bella FS Helmet

1.5/5 (2 Reviews)

This one is for the ladies. Independent, stylish and fit. In addition to Fusion In-mold construction, the Bella FS features our improved Twin Action fit system, easy-to-adjust Cam-Lock levers, 17 vents, and a snap-in visor. Go on goddess, give it a try.

Submitted by Kirsten a Weekend Warrior from Florida

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2004

Strengths:    Price, lots of colors available, 17 vents

Weaknesses:    universal fit. not a whole lot of ventilation.

Bottom Line:
i have a small head and this helmet looked huge on me. it fit, but the universal fit system isnt comfortable. I do wish that Bell had sizing like Giro (Small, Med, Large). I opted for the Havoc as well, even though it costs $50-70. My old helmet was a Bell Aquila. and it had the same flaws as the Bella...universal sizing. it's a decent helmet...if you have an average head.

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Bell Aquila; Giro Havoc

Submitted by Gertie a Weekend Warrior from Los Angeles, CA

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2004

Strengths:    The helmet is light, 9.5 oz. It comes in a few different colors.

Weaknesses:    Although it was designed for women with universal sizing it hurt the top of my head. I think it has to do with the way the interior plastic frame lies against the inside of the helmet. My head is a bit square-shaped. I think the helmet is intended for rounder heads. I opted for the Giro Havoc (small) and it fit snug and comfortable.

Bottom Line:
I'm giving the helmet one chili... it probably will suit a greater majority of women riders and for that reason it probably deserves a higher rating, but until more women rate this product... More tests should have been done before claiming the helmet as "women-specific" and "universal fit".

Purchased At:   Nashbar