Troy Lee Designs XC Gloves

4.38/5 (29 Reviews)

A new evolution of the original, the XC is a big favorite amongst our team riders. A combination of stretch Spandex and Air-Prene material make the XC a fantastic lightweight, all-purpose glove that is great for both motorcycle and bicycle riding. Lightly padded single layer Clarino? leather palm. 2-way stretch Spandex and Air-Prene material for a lightweight, non-restrictive fit. Soft TPR signature logo sonic-weld for unrestricted knuckle protection. Silicon appliqu? on fingers for increased grip on levers. Velcro? backed TPR wrist closure offers a secure adjustable fit.

Submitted by Joseph a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2012

Strengths:    This pair of glowes looks great, it's confortable wearing them. Offers good protection.

Weaknesses:    I miss the sweat wipe material, not so breathable.

Bottom Line:
The velcro strap rips out the fibers from the forefinger side. The material on the wrist side has padding, here is attached the handle. After 1 month of usage the padding ripped from pulling on the glowes.

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   661, Kona

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Chameleon

Submitted by Ricardo a Weekend Warrior from Perth, Uk

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2010

Strengths:    Perfect Fit, Confortable

Weaknesses:    Could do with some more knuckle protectio

Bottom Line:
Perfect fit very confortable to use and not dear at all...

Purchased At:   evan cycles

Similar Products Used:   kona gloves

Submitted by SHALAKO a Weekend Warrior from Carlsbad,CA

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2009

Strengths:    Seem to be strong Ive wrecked with them a few times and there not even close to ripping,

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
To me these gloves have been worth the money and I would consider buying another pair.

Favorite Trail:   Slickrock

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by azi a Weekend Warrior from Australia

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2009

Strengths:    Strong & comfortable

Weaknesses:    Pricey

Bottom Line:
I've raced enduro and sprint XC wearing these. No problems at all. They have survived several crashes. A bit pricey at $45-50 Australian, but I'd buy them again if needed.

Similar Products Used:   Tuff gloves

Submitted by yew a Cross Country Rider from Adelaide, Australia

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2008

Strengths:    look good

Weaknesses:    everything else! the build quality is terrible. relatively expensive.

Bottom Line:
The make of these gloves are terrible!!! I've ordered 3 pairs so far, and they've all been crud!

The first pair which i tried first was a large, fit fine, ordered some in and they were WAY too big, not the same as the ones i tried in the shop.

So then i ordered some mediums, and the fingers were all twisted and the wrong lengths. tried on pretty much every other pair in shop and they all had the same problem!

Ordered in a fresh pair hoping the last ones were a bad batch. same problem, twisted fingers and HOLE in the side of the glove!

I bought these thinking they had a good reputation, ive tried on nothing but ill fitting gloves so far from TROY LEE :(

off to but some fox...

Favorite Trail:   anything around belair

Purchased At:   internet and bike sh

Similar Products Used:   fox, specialized BG's

Bike Setup:   Raceline Expert

Submitted by WG a Weekend Warrior from East Bay, CA

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2007

Strengths:    Fit, construction seems fine, good ventilation, good feel while on bike.

Weaknesses:    Rubber name on knuckles peeling, padding? I know its not in its design so blame my desk jockey hands for calluses from day long rides. Sweat wipe should be bigger.

Bottom Line:
Good glove. $20 would be a good price. Nothing great but nothing really bad either

Favorite Trail:   Rockville

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   Fox, Custom LeatherCraft contractor gloves from Home Depot (seriously, try 'em) very similar if not better built than riding gloves

Bike Setup:   FS squishy. Use ODI Rouge lockons

Submitted by DonutKing a Cross Country Rider from NorCal

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2006

Strengths:    comfort, durability, temperature moderation, hand protection, killer looks

Weaknesses:    Rubber accents, no sweat pad

Bottom Line:
- Comfort is great - just the right amount of padding without adding too much bulk. I rarely have to remove them to do things involving small-motor movements like unscrewing a valve stem cover or doing trailside repairs with small tools
- Fit is wonderful - snug, but not too tight
- Even though it's a full-finger glove, it's not too hot in summer. Decent wind and cold protection for mild NorCal winters
- Durability is fantastic - all the important parts including stitching, palm padding, velcro fasteners, etc. are holding up great after taking a pounding (this does not the rubber doohickies on the backs that are for appearance - these started falling off after only a few uses, but who cares). I've had several wrecks involving hands-first landings on rocks and hardpack, and these gloves have come through unscathed. The rubberized accents on fingertips that are probably to help grip are pulling off, but I don't notice a lack of grip with them gone.
- These wash well without the padding getting hard or cracking - I usually just soak them in water after each sweaty ride and wring them out - no fuss, no stink!
- These gloves just look cool! (my gloves look better than the ones pictured above - I think mine are a newer style)

Favorite Trail:   Rockville

Purchased At:   Sierra Trading Post

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel 90

Submitted by Scott a Cross Country Rider from Mendham, NJ

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2006

Strengths:    Looks

Weaknesses:    Quality

Bottom Line:
These gloves suck. Got em through Price Point, thought I'd save some coin. Gloves just suck. They literally came apart after 1 ride. The seams on the fingers started to split open. Terrible product. Would not recommend these. Even before they started to split open they just didnt feel as comfortable as Fox gloves. Old saying, "pay cheap, get cheap" well, that fits it. Nuff' said.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Fox gloves

Bike Setup:   Doesnt matter

Submitted by Rod C. a Racer from Locust Valley, NY

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2005

Strengths:    Great fit, comfy, hold up extreamly well.

Weaknesses:    Zero, zip, none!

Bottom Line:
Very durable and comfortable gloves. I'm on my second pair after wearing the first for three years with little wear and tear.

Favorite Trail:   Mykes Monster at Blue Mt.

Purchased At:   Troy Lee website

Similar Products Used:   specialized

Bike Setup:   with a female bike. If they get along, maybe lots of little bikes.

Submitted by Tony a Cross Country Rider from North America

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2004

Strengths:    Price, comfort, style, color selection.

Weaknesses:    Sweat pad on thumb area.

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased the '05 version of this glove. I have a pair I got back in '00 that are still going strong as well. This glove is made well, simple, affordable, and just plain works. They protect your hands and are comfortable to wear all day long even in warmer temps. My only real complaint (and it's a small one) is that the sweat pad on the top of the thumb section has shrunk in size compared to the older model gloves.

Purchased At:   jensonusa.com

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi Gel-lite

Submitted by Matt a Downhiller from TAssi

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2003

Strengths:    Cheep, Great colours(red), comfort is amazing, Stops jaring of wrists, sweat pad, breathable, i had a pair of these last for four years before throwing them out, Tough

Weaknesses:    lycra side tears easy.

Bottom Line:
Overall they are shi* hot and i wouldn't buy anything else. They are comfortable and breathable and everything else that makes a good glove a good glove. They are the best.
five little hot biatches

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Nothing and i wont ever change

Bike Setup:   Specialised Hardrock Modded up

Submitted by Craig a Cross Country Rider from Michigan

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2003

Strengths:    Fit, comfort, looks.

Bottom Line:
I bought these cause half-fingered gloves make my hands numb. These have worked great so far - even on hot days. My only complaint is that there is a seam coming loose on the side. This isn't due to abuse or a crash, so I am a little disappointed.

Favorite Trail:   Pontiac Lake

Purchased At:   Jenson

Submitted by Wayne a Downhiller from Nottingham

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2003

Strengths:    Great fit(I have large hands and find some gloves too tight), Keep my hands cool, not to padded and black looks great

Weaknesses:    Rubber brake dots peel off, Bunch up a bit when jumping

Bottom Line:
Great gloves, has taken so much abuse and still look great.

Favorite Trail:   sssh, it's my little special trail

Purchased At:   freewheel, nottingham

Similar Products Used:   Fox Sidewinders, Fox Solos, Answer Edge and many cheap pairs of track mitts

Bike Setup:   Azonic Double walls and ODi lock ons(Dual Bike) and Titec Hellbent Xc and Titec Pork Rinds(XC Bike)

Submitted by Albear a Cross Country Rider from London

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2002

Strengths:    comfortable, long lasting, nice design

Weaknesses:    fabric wears away

Bottom Line:
Mr. Bungle, obviously speaking from the amount of experience he has had wearing these gloves, is as far wrong as an Austalian can get *common wealth swimming trials* so trust all the other reviews on here, these gloves are worth the price if your hands are in need of some friendly love.

Submitted by Booboo a Cross Country Rider from Austin

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2002

Strengths:    Inexpensive (on sale)... Nice fit... Good quality... Good materials...

Weaknesses:    What is this stuff on the back of the glove?...

Bottom Line:
Like my old Troy Lee 'racer gloves' (or whatever they're called), these fit nicely right off the bat. The old gloves had this lycra stuff that stretched around the middle part of the finger that made the glove fit like skin. These gloves dispense with the lycra and use what feels like a tougher material but is still made in the same pattern for good fit.

The back side of the glove is made of tough, umm, fabric and the palm has the leather-like stuff that keeps it together even when sliding into the nearest slick rock. Still like new.

I managed to put a hole in the index finger of one glove but it hasn't grown and I think it was there as a result of me touching something sharp so can't really blame the quality. The fabris used on the back of the glove near the wrist is kinda goofy in my opinion. It's supposed to vent, but reminds me of dishwashing sponges. I don't know if the stuff will last since I crash palm side down ususally, but I guess I'll find out eventually.

Once again, a good pair of gloves for a good price. BTW, Jenson has these on closeout for $19! Whoa.

Purchased At:   Jenson USA