Troy Lee Designs Air Gloves

3.4/5 (5 Reviews)

* Silicone screen-printed graphic on palm for addedTraction on hand grip * Light and breathable Lycra mesh material on back of hand for a cool comfortable fit * Vented .08 Clarino® palm panel for comfort, fit, and durability * Breathable airprene cuff * 3D sonic welded rubber (TPR) graphics add protection * 3D modified rubber (TPR) wrist closure for an adjustable and secure fit * Cool air-mesh lycra in fourchettes

Submitted by Tornadom a Cross Country Rider from Central Valley, California, United States of America

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable, grip-tastic, full finger, vetilation

Weaknesses:    stain easily, palm feels funny for a few rides after you get it wet

Bottom Line:
I bought the gloves because they were white and they looked cool. I primarily used TLD products in my BMX racing endeavours, so I was familiar with their outstanding cost to appearance to quality ratio. They are not the cheapest, best looking or longest lasting products on the market, but they certainly strike a nice balance of the three.

After I got the chance to use these gloves for a while I fell in love. I am not a fan of fingerless gloves, and too few companies make a light weight full finger glove. In my hot locale, it is nice to have something that breaths, and these gloves certainly do breath. The palm grips like no other (in a good way) and is comfortable while wrapped around the bars.

Buy them if: you want a breathable, full finger glove for trail and XC race use and live in a warm and dry area

Avoid them if: you ride in cold weather, rainy weather or are interested in setting new land speed records on your bicycle

Favorite Trail:   Anything that flows and climbs, and climbs and climbs some more

Purchased At:   Cycle Masters Bike S

Similar Products Used:   Fox, Nike, Adidas, store brands

Bike Setup:   Single speed, hard tail with a SID fork and yummy parts

Submitted by screamBoy a Weekend Warrior from Sofia, Bulgaria

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2009

Strengths:    Airvented OK, light, comfy; OK for XC, also OK for FR

Weaknesses:    palm - full crap, gone after 40 days; I changed my palms with artificial leather - has to be embroidered (or whats-the-english-word) and then they are ok

Bottom Line:
good for everyday ride if U change the palm

Favorite Trail:   Vitosha

Purchased At:   Kaimata

Similar Products Used:   dragomir

Bike Setup:   SS FR HT

Submitted by Keenan a Downhiller from San Diego

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2008

Strengths:    Godlike grip, good performance, good ventilation, CEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!!!

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Good gloves for the price

Favorite Trail:   ted Wiliams downhill trails

Purchased At:   Beyond Bikes

Bike Setup:   irongorse sachem 4.0

Submitted by Scott Eagan a Cross Country Rider from Logan, Ut

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2007

Strengths:    Light, breathable, no velcro

Weaknesses:    The silicon on the palm began wearing off after one ride. The gloves still work good, but look crappy. I emailed TLD and they claim it is not a manufacture's defect, so they must design their stuff to fall apart. Buy something else

Bottom Line:
If you don't care what your equipment looks like after one ride then they might be worthwile, especcially if you could get them around half off, otherwise get Fox's mountain bike gloves, something with a nice terry wipe cloth on it would be much nicer.

Favorite Trail:   Goos

Purchased At:   motorcycle shop

Similar Products Used:   TLD XC (2004), Many fox and answer gloves. If you can find a pair of fox gloves with the leather on the fingertips sewn together and they fit well buy them.

Bike Setup:   Bontrager Privateer S, Fox F100 RLC, Full XTR, Crank Brothers Eggbeaters CroMo, Easton Monkeylite SL, thomson stem and seatpost, Dirt Rag Saddle.

Submitted by James Jordan a Weekend Warrior from Naples FL USA

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2006

Strengths:    Light, Grippy, Transparant in function.

Bottom Line:
Great. Not too expensive; been through the washer (not the dryer) many times and look as good as new. Word up.

Purchased At:   Troy Lee Designs