SixSixOne Nasty Glove Gloves

3.71/5 (7 Reviews)

SixSixOne''s "Nasty" glove is the choice of dirt jumper Cory Nastazio.

Submitted by bueno4x4 a Weekend Warrior from SATX

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2008

Strengths:    cheap, durable, pretty comfy

Weaknesses:    maybe not as much protection as some people would need

Bottom Line:
These were everything I needed in a cheap glove, I worE them for almost three years now and I never saw any big holes. The palms held up really well; they look very scuffed and worn, but no major damage

The only thing that finally started to go was the finger tips (and this is after dual use of playing paintball in these gloves) about 2.5 years of use. I just cut the tips off and kept using them until I lost one...sad day indeed

I would definitely recommened for some good cheap gloves

Purchased At:   sun and ski

Submitted by jSatch a Weekend Warrior from SoCal

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2008

Strengths:    thin
breathable
sticky
protection

Weaknesses:    thin (durable?)
sized small

Bottom Line:
I've only used these a few times, but they fit the bill.

They are lightweight, pretty well ventilated gloves for summer that still offer some protection for the knuckles (ie, more than a full fingered, summer XC glove, but less than a true downhill, full protection glove).

They fit a bit small for the indicated sizing, but about the same as Fox gloves. Also tried some Dakines (truer to size). Not as light and breathable- better for cooler weather. Make sure you try these on before buying.

These things are nice and light for the summer and grip quite well. I can't vouch for their durability after 3 rides, but I think they've modified them due to earlier complaints. If they last a season I'll be happy. Less than a season and I'll come back to lower the overall rating.

I think they're discontinuing this glove, so get 'em while they're cheap.

Purchased At:   BeyondBikes

Bike Setup:   SC Heckler

Submitted by Aryn a Cross Country Rider from Detroit, Michigan, USA

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2006

Strengths:    Lightweight, breathable, very comfortable and I like the fact the palms are not padded. Double finger grippers good also.

Weaknesses:    None, got 3 years out of them....2500 miles

Bottom Line:
I just found a dealer in Illinois where I will be ordering his last 2 pair so I can be worry free for a few more years. They are thin and light so I can see how people find them cheap but if you take good care of them buy hand washing and keeping them clean they'll last a long time.

Favorite Trail:   Anyone that is open

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi

Bike Setup:   Kona King Kikapu all XTR with 317 wheels, Racefae Dues bar and stem, easton post, Fox on both ends.

Submitted by Bryce Griffith a Weekend Warrior from Columbus, Oh

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2004

Strengths:    Light Weight
Breathable
Grip well

Weaknesses:    The Clarino Leather doesnt look like it will last too long.

Bottom Line:
I really like these gloves. Theyre thin.I just hope they hold up, longer than I think they will. I may end up sewing a reinforcement patch onto the palm of the glove to give them extra life.
So far they are great.
I would recommend to anyone as of right now.
I gave an overall of 4 because I dont know how long they will last.

Purchased At:   Meyer Distributing

Bike Setup:   Jamis XLT 2.0

Submitted by peta bla a Downhiller from ct

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2004

Strengths:    nice grip

Weaknesses:    the grips on the fingers come off on the inside of the palm and the palms are showing significant wear and im hoping they wont tear.

Bottom Line:
They wear really fast on the under side of the palm other than that they protect u really well. Im still hoping they wont tear they were expensive 37!? Use at your own risk!!! I do alot of agggressive riding and if the company says they are used for Down Hill Freeride and Dirt Jumping youve got to be kiddin!!!!!

Favorite Trail:   inndian ledges trumbull (ct)