SixSixOne Cedric Garcia 2 Gloves

• Neoprene wrist cuff
  • Silicone finger grippers
  • Vented, reinforced palm
  • Carbon fiber knuckle protection

Submitted by drummerjon a Downhiller from fredericton

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2010

Strengths:    great knckle protection. Good fit.

Weaknesses:    Silicon tips came off quick as expected.

Bottom Line:
love these gloves, would try them again even. most reviews seem to dwell on their durability but i have ridden them for two summers and they are still good to go. as for the price, if you like going fast and don't like broken hands, then shell out 20 dollars more and get a good pair of gloves. they saved my nuckles 3 or 4 times last summer alone.

Favorite Trail:   havov

Purchased At:   savages

Similar Products Used:   several

Bike Setup:   noro a-line

Submitted by ridet1t1 a Cross Country Rider from Breckenridge, CO

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2008

Strengths:    fashion over function

Weaknesses:    durability, fit

Bottom Line:
DO NOT BUY THESE GLOVES! I should have listen to the reviews. I wore these on 3 RIDES ONLY in Moab and both palms have completely worn through! gotta love price point though as they are giving me store credit no questiosn asked.

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   fox gloves

Submitted by Kurt Koontz a Cross Country Rider from Boise

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2008

Strengths:    My hands did not sweat on a warm day.

Weaknesses:    Kevlar to protect the finger joints is pathetic.

Bottom Line:
Heading to Moab for my maiden voyage in May. Our guide recommended some protective gear for the journey. Bought these and took them on a test ride. By the end of the ride, half of my finger joints were bleeding. They have Kevlar protection on the outside that totally irritates your fingers inside the glove. Tried to get a response from the company, and it was also pathetic. Plan to throw them in the trash can. Bought a pair of Rockgardn Carbon and love them. Only recommend 661 products to your enemies.

Favorite Trail:   Fisher Creek

Purchased At:   Sierra Trading Post

Similar Products Used:   Rockgardn Carbon

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Super Caliber 29'er

Submitted by Jon a Downhiller from Blandford, UK

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2007

Strengths:    Look nice.

Weaknesses:    Expensive. Rubbish stitching. Bad Fit. Rubber peeled off. Thin material.

Bottom Line:
Had these gloves just over a year, they weren't as comfy as my last gloves, fit badly, cost a fortune, and the stitching came away very quickly. Next the rubber finger protectors peeled off, and the final straw was me cutting my fingers and palms to shreds crashing and the glove just tearing easily. Very poor for 35 quid.

Favorite Trail:   UK Bike Park

Purchased At:   Leisure Lakes

Similar Products Used:   Endura gloves.

Bike Setup:   '05 Bullit.

Submitted by Rob from Japan

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2007

Strengths:    Knuckle protectors

Weaknesses:    Poorly made, fabric wears very rapidly. No padding for heel of hand.

Bottom Line:
I bought these gloves (via the internet) as I was looking for some good quality protection and I liked the carbon-fiber knuckle protectors. Unfortunately when I got them I discovered they have no padding for the heel of the hand, which is a serious oversight in my opinion. After just three months of light use the rubber finger protectors started to peel off. They are just glued on to the fabric and come off very easily. Additionally, I wore a hole in the thumb and the fabric on the palms is also wearing very thin. These gloves are really poor quality and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Submitted by James Petkau a Downhiller from Kelowna

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2007

Strengths:    comfortable fit

Weaknesses:    thin material
weak stichet

Bottom Line:
don't buy these. mine fell apart 2 months after getting them, and just from normal use, not from falling on them. the palms are worn through and the seams are coming apart. they look nice and the carbon is a good feature, but they aren't worth what they cost.

Purchased At:   trade show

Similar Products Used:   all sorts of gloves

Bike Setup:   doesn't matter

Submitted by Bryan a Downhiller from Mount Shatsta, Ca.

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2007

Strengths:    really tough and the carbon fiber is awesome.

Weaknesses:    the palm leather could be a little thicker

Bottom Line:
Real nice gloves i use them 4-5 times a week in the season and they have held up real nice. I'm quite happy

Purchased At:   beyond bikes

Similar Products Used:   661

Submitted by Brandon a Downhiller from Iowa City

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2007

Strengths:    looks cool, protection

Weaknesses:    NEEDS double stitching everywhere, thicker material.

Bottom Line:
661 is a great company, but these gloves suck. After only three sessions, the crotch in the thumbs of both gloves came unstitched and I had some nice blisters going on my knuckles from the CF. These gloves need double stitching and need to go back to a split knuckle design.

Purchased At:   jensonusa.com

Similar Products Used:   other 661 gloves

Bike Setup:   '03 P2, Man. Stance, SUN S & D track, SHIMANO, Holly Rollers.

Submitted by Steve from Los Angeles, CA

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2007

Strengths:    Look kinda cool

Weaknesses:    Looks can be deceiving
- Friend's "carbon" knuckle broke in half playing around with them
- Stitching was starting to come undone by third ride
- Tore holes in the thin palm area after a small wreck

Bottom Line:
Bought these after my Fox Sidewinders died. They looked pretty tough, so my friend and I thought we'd give them a try. For me, I found that the "carbon" knuckles would dig into my knuckles if I flexed my hand a certain way. My friend managed to break his "carbon" knuckles in half messing around with them. We're not certain if the knuckles are actually made of carbon fiber. In any case the knuckles don't take well to mild bending.
After a couple rides, I found that the stitching on mine were coming undone. Overall, the glove had a very poor quality feel to them. I ended up tearing the palms on both gloves after a small crash.
Frankly, I've been disappointed in the quality of a lot of mountain bike gloves in general, including my old Foxes. My old '94-95 Specialized S-Works gloves were much better constructed. I think I'm going to go with Mechanix for my next pair of gloves.

Similar Products Used:   Lotsa other gloves

Bike Setup:   Turner RFX

Submitted by chris from canberra

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2007

Strengths:    looks cool, good carbon fibre, named after cedric gracia,

Weaknesses:    incredibly thin palms, wore through them pretty dang quickly. The stitching between the thumb and first finger has a gaping hole, this is a budget product. Dont get drawn in by the carbon fibre, these babys have single stitching and thats crap on a performance product.

Bottom Line:
dont get em. A budget product with an expensive price tag. The carbon fibre is good, but the stitching and overall quality is pretty poor.

Favorite Trail:   stromlo

Similar Products Used:   fox unabomber, eh, not too bad

Bike Setup:   norco rampage with an e-13 sts

Submitted by Greg from CT

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2007

Strengths:    Carbon fiber knuckles
Very cool look.
661 customer service - replaced my damaged 06's for 07's

Weaknesses:    Runs small
06 Version:
Not enough padding near knuckle area - gave blisters
Leather very thin on palm - wears threw easy

Bottom Line:
These gloves run small. I usually wear larges, but I had to go with an XL.
The 2006s were crap. Luckily the customer service dept rules and sent me the 2007 version after the palms wore threw only after a couple months of riding.
The 2007 look much better. The knuckles have more padding and the palm area has more material.
I'd skip on the 06s. The 07s feel very nice on the hands.

Purchased At:   Blueskycycling

Submitted by Joe cool a Weekend Warrior from warrensburg,mo

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2006

Strengths:    carbon fiber knuckles and everything else.

Weaknesses:    nothing really. except when my friends dog tried to chew them up. but they are still good.

Bottom Line:
These gloves are awesone. I ride my dirt bike with them and everywhere else. Dont listen to the retards that say they suck.

Favorite Trail:   cave hollow

Purchased At:   freeride

Bike Setup:   05 hardrock and 07 DK general lee

Submitted by john a Weekend Warrior from bucks county,pa

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2006

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    cheap material,poor stitching,no padded palm,look gay and cheap.

Bottom Line:
the gloves suck!I would not give 661 the satisfaction of wiping my ass with them! I used them 2x and on the second ride I noticed the material around the thumb was ripping seperating,tearing(or whatever)and the palm started wearing on the first ride. do not buy these gloves the carbon knuckles look cool and thats about it :( suck my nut 661

Favorite Trail:   ones with dirt