SixSixOne Airflow Gloves

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

• Protective embossed EVA foam
  • Smooth synthetic leather palms
  • Reinforced fingertips in high wear areas
  • Direct molded TPR protection
  • Direct printed fingertip grippers

Submitted by BlackDocs a Cross Country Rider from Wichita Falls, TX, US

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2008

Strengths:    Mesh vents around the fingers keep it cool in extreme heat. This glove is designed to be well vented with lots of mesh. I like the moisture wicking chamois on the side of the thumbs. They look and feel cool.

Weaknesses:    Not padded in the palm. The sticky grips on the tip of the fore fingers wore off after a month of consistent riding.

Bottom Line:
I bought them because I live and ride in a place hotter than hell and even in extreme heat you barely notice you are wearing them so I would say they hold up well. Other gloves get so hot I have to take them off when its over 100 degrees F. They have not ruptured a seam or developed any tears anywhere on them. They seem to be well constructed.

Purchased At:   SixSixOne.Com

Similar Products Used:   Mechanix Wear Impact Pro, Mechanix Wear Fast Fit

Submitted by JV a Racer from Belgium

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2008

Strengths:    breath well, look good, very comfortable

Weaknesses:    wrist strap

Bottom Line:
Great Gloves and they look really cool. Bought these of ebay because they aren't available in Belgium. I paid a bit more than retail but thats with shipping costs included. Very comfortable from the first minute of use. The only problem I had with these gloves is the wrist strap. I have big hands and small wrists so size XL fits perfect on my hands but its quite annoying to have the gloves really loose around the wrist. But thats just me, they might be perfect for anyone else. I recommend these gloves to anyone, they are well worth the money

Favorite Trail:   Whistler Bike Park

Purchased At:   Ebay.com

Similar Products Used:   oakley factory pilot 2.0

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior from Perth, Western Australia

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2007

Strengths:    Very breathable, light, comfy, rubber knuckle/finger protection - and they look cool!

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I bought these gloves off of eBay because they weren't available here at the time. I was a bit weary about buying a product that I had never seen before and that no one had any reviews about, but the gamble paid off.
My biggest concern was breathability. I didn't want a glove that was going to make my hands sweaty. That is the best thing about these gloves - they breathe incredibly well! To put it in context, it was 40 degrees celsius here today and after riding my hands were not sweating like I feared they would be when wearing gloves - impressive!
Couple this with subtle rubber knuckle/finger protection and sexy looks, these gloves are a great buy. They appear to be really durable too - but only time will tell how durable they really are. But right now, I cannot fault them. The Sixsixone Airflow gloves do indeed flow air - and very well! 5/5!!!

Purchased At:   eBay

Bike Setup:   2007 Giant Reign X1

High airflow knee shin guards for hot weather

Anyone have any recommendations? They don't need to be major protection, something to protect against pedals and the knees in case of a fall. I think something that is somehow elevated off of the leg would be the coolest, something that is like a foam high air flow helmet, but for your shin, does ... Read More »