Home | Reviews | Gloves | Qranc

Qranc DHS PRo Gloves

Qranc DHS PRo

Submitted by shanedawg a Downhiller from san jose

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2008

Strengths:    comfy, not too hot, great protection through man, many crashes. Good grip feel. Great placement of kevlar has saved my palms in a bunch of crashes and there is knuckle protection also. I've been using them for over 10 YEARS!!!

Weaknesses:    Not made anymore. I bought a spare pair when the got discontinued but now those are almost worn out too. I wish some other company made some gloves half as good.

Bottom Line:
I wish they still made these gloves. All the gloves from fox and specialized fit like crap or wear out in one season. They make them disposable so you have to buy a new pair all the time. The problem with this is that they rip in the first crash. That sucks, especially since that might not be your last crash of the ride.

Favorite Trail:   braille trail in demo forest

Similar Products Used:   fox, sixsixone

Bike Setup:   I used to use these gloves on all my bikes from full on DH to xc rides but since they are no longer made I save them for the DH trails now

Submitted by Mossy a Cross Country Rider from USA

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2005

Strengths:    durable! comfy and good looking

Weaknesses:    Qranc is dead.

Bottom Line:
I noticed the last review for this was over three years ago. I bought a pair of these in 1997, and another a few years later. After Qranc went under, I bought all I could find, including some XC3s, which are still going strong.

I must laugh when I read glove reviews that say "A year later, these are still going strong..." Try EIGHT years later, suckas!

My original pair is still kicking, but only thanks to lots of sewing and gluing. The second pair looks almost brand new, but mostly cause I treat them very gently.

Even though they're almost impossible to find, now I wanted to give proper respect to THE BEST piece of MTB apparel I have ever (and continue) to own.

Similar Products Used:   Fox, Specialized, Grandoe...

Submitted by tom ratcliffe a Weekend Warrior from wolverhampton england

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2002

Strengths:    these gloves have got to be the daddys of them all.they are light,flexible to move in,good amount of padding and they are extremely tear proof.

Weaknesses:    no weaknesses

Bottom Line:
one hell of a wicked glove for any type of rider.

Favorite Trail:   skateparks and dirt trails

Similar Products Used:   fox sidewinders

Bike Setup:   hoffman george bmx,fat rims 3 piece cranck and other good stuff

Submitted by Dave a Downhiller from Burlington Ont Canada

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2000

Strengths:    Sick look, Great grip, Not to thick, durable, Comfortable

Weaknesses:    none that i have seen

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a sick glove at a sick price this is it. all other gloves i have used arent as comfortable or as good looking as these. buy them you wont regret it. i ride these gloves mostly late fall and winter and they keep my hands relitivly warm. i assume in the summer they may be fairly warm but i dont know for sure.

Favorite Trail:   Anything with no climb and sick desents

Similar Products Used:   lots

Bike Setup:   Trek 6000 Frame, LX-XT drivetrian Alivio Crank, Kore Freeride riserbars, Short stem, Manitou Magnum fork, Wellgo platform BMX pedals (sometimes coda clipless), and yeti grips

Submitted by Doug a Downhiller from Toronto, Ontario

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2000

Strengths:    Excellent grip, durability, protection, price. These gloves look AWESOME!! These gloves will not tear!

Weaknesses:    Can get a bit hot in summer, but are great for fall/spring riding.

Bottom Line:
These are the best gloves money can buy.

Favorite Trail:   Bruce Trail

Similar Products Used:   Many

Bike Setup:   Why the hell does it matter?

Submitted by Evan Bennett a Downhiller from Alabama

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2000

Strengths:    light, strong, airy, excellent wicking properties, well padded nuckles and palm, good grip, sensitivity, comfortable, no cuff, maneuverable, $16 bucks at cambria bike outlet, looks cool

Weaknesses:    not a damn thing

Bottom Line:
The perfect glove.

Favorite Trail:   anything steep

Similar Products Used:   you name it

Bike Setup:   DH special Turner DH Racer, Mr. Dirt FAT fork (the usual)

Submitted by joe bob brown a Cross Country Rider from appalachia, Independent State of Vermont

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
I love these gloves! I bought a pair at the Mt. Snow/NORBA races from the Qranc booth for $22, based mostly on the looks and the fact that no one I ride with has them. Well, there are plenty more reasons than that to buy them. The most distinctive feature, one I have never seen anywhere else, is that these gloves truly have no cuff. Below the velcro closure, there is a simple edging of elastic. These gloves fit my style, and I like them. I like full finger gloves for the protection they provide, by I am not into wearing oven mitts. These provide a fair amount of protection for the knuckles, in the form of Airprene padding strategically slit over the knuckles to allow maximum range of motion. The palm is a simple layer of Clarino, unpadded except under the Grip Shift reinforcement. I am impressed with the durability of these gloves. They have survived 7 months of hard riding, and about a dozen good crashes, and are still in good shape. The looks are great, even though I went with the more subdued black/grey/white color scheme rather than the yellow or blue. All in all, a great summer/late spring/early fall glove for New England. Five gears for the Qranc DhS!

Favorite Trail:   hunting trails

Similar Products Used:   lots

Submitted by Stormshadow a Downhiller from Santa Barbara

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2000

Strengths:
Strong as hell, great wrist protection and support, looks cool

Weaknesses:
Your hand sweats A LOT in these. This hasn't affected the performance of the glove while I've worn it; it is really only noticeable when you take them off.

Bottom Line:
Like armor for your hands. Loaded with thoughtful features. The PVC pads are perfectly placed on the back of the hand, the space between the thumb and forefinger is reinforced for GripShifters, and there's a Kevlar pad on the palm. The extended cuff, while it does make the glove hotter, gives great wrist support and protects against scratches and impacts. Plus there's a terrycloth strip for wiping away sweat, a feature missing from my trusty old Answers. The DHS are the best gloves out there!

Tunnel

less than 1 month

Old-school Answer Force (great gloves)

98 K2 Animal freeride bizzike

Submitted by Bill Wong a Cross-Country Rider from Toronto,Candada

Date Reviewed: December 31, 1999

Strengths:
Very strong glove, can take a beating

Weaknesses:
full finger makes your hads sweat

Bottom Line:
Good Glove

Don River

3 months

Fox Sidewinder Pro

Giant ATX 890, Rock Shox SID, XTR, Race Face

Submitted by madbike182 a Cross-Country Rider from Brimfield, MA

Date Reviewed: August 25, 1999

Strengths:
comfy-no cuff (really!)
good protection
stylin'
beefy

Weaknesses:
a little warm

Bottom Line:
I just picked these up at the NORBA Nationals at Mt Snow for $20 at Qranc's boothand was lucky enough to snag a place on a training ride with the Trek/Volkswagen team on one of the hardest courses I have ever seen. Roots, rocks, gravel, nasty stuff. But the DHS's blocked it all out, keeping my hands comfy and protected(leaving me more time to concentrate on the gash on my knee). Plus, in addition to the protection from the elements, this is one stylin' pair of gloves. Five flaming riders on Huffys for this glove!

my secret

less than 1 month

trek glovesRocket Power Parts Rambler

Trek 930, Judy XC, LX

Submitted by Luc Albert a Racer from Saratoga

Date Reviewed: August 23, 1999

Strengths:
Looks
comfort
protection
closure

Weaknesses:
none so far

Bottom Line:
Five smokin' chillies for those fantastic gloves

Saratoga Gap

3 months

AXO
Fox
Louis Garneau

GT Zaskar LE and like the post below I wear the gloves on my hands ;)

Submitted by Andrew a Racer from Stanford

Date Reviewed: August 4, 1999

Strengths:
They are comfortable, not too expensive, have tons of padding, durable, and they look sweet!

Weaknesses:

Bottom Line:
These gloves rock, go get them and more at www.qranc.com, the best company around! I love their stuff!

ECDM, etc.

6 months

Qranc DH Pro, Fox

Um, I wear them on my hands when I race...

how much do speed pro dhs weigh?

Fill me in with the weight of the wtb speeddisc pro dh wheelset if you have it. i cant find it anywhere. i thought that i had laserdisc dh, but i dont. Help me out.Read More »