Planet Bike Aquilo Gloves

Planet Bike's Aquilo Gloves keep you warm, dry and comfortable with windproof 4-way stretch fabric, Amara palms and anatomic slim gel padding for...

Submitted by TrailMaker a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2014

Strengths:    Light but windproof and warm. Seem well made with good tough materials. Good schnoz wiper. Very good fit. Not bulky. $29.95

Weaknesses:    Nothing glaring to speak of so far.

Bottom Line:
These seem to be a decent glove so far, in a month of Fatbiking in highly varied conditions. The modified lobster claw design is very effective at keeping the vulnerable pinky finger warm in cold conditions. I generally start with a heavier glove and then switch to a lighter on when my hands warm to keep them from getting too hot. I've use these by themselves from mid 30s down into the high teens and they have been good for the job. The only real grip I have is that my 3rd and 4th fingers that are grouped together feel kind of clammy or sticky. I'm not sure if a different liner material would solve this, but I have a hunch it might be the unlined synthetic leather palm. Some sort of venting, or a brushed liner might cure this. A small nit, but worth mentioning. 3 chilis for an all around good product. Definitely worth a look!

Duration Product Used:   1 month