Oakley Factory Gloves

Factory Glove ForThe MTB purist,This is Oakleys lightest and most breathable glove. It comes with Airprene and flexible Spandura in a designThat offersThe performance fit of 3-D anatomical construction and optimized with a one-piece Clarino™ palm and high-friction finger zones for a sure, responsive grip. Durable Clarino™ one-piece palm Cuffless design with flexible articulated construction Terry nose wipe onThumb Sizing - measure around fullest part of hand (aroundThe knu

Submitted by mikkyberg a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2012

Strengths:    Very breathable - stays pretty cool
Palm is very grippy and minimalistic - keeps you connected to the bar
Price!

Weaknesses:    Cuff can be a tight fit (thought mine did loosen up, and I do like the snug fit)

Bottom Line:
This glove fits perfectly. I bought it knowing that there was no adjustable cuff and that works fine for me (something to keep in mind while buying it). I took it out on a road ride just to see how it felt and it was really nice, despite the hot day it kept my hands cool and it really breathes well. I like the fact that it is a minimalistic palm (no padding) as it helps you feel really connected to your bike. I am looking forward to using these and for the price I don't think you would find a better glove.

Purchased At:   Amazon.com

Bike Setup:   GT Avalanche 1.0

Submitted by jacksonj51

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2012

Strengths:    Perfect fit, light, incredible grip, cool & breathable, work great wet, nose wipe on thumb, durable, no stupid velcro or crap that wears out, and cheap!

Weaknesses:    Absolutely zero

Bottom Line:
I've bought tons of these gloves... ever since the first time I tried them nothing compares. Have tried more expensive brands but nothing comes close in overall usability and durability. They also look pretty sweet, can color coordinate with many different colors. I just hope they never discontinue this glove, they hit a home run with this glove

Submitted by Hellpunchy a Weekend Warrior from Burbank, CA

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2011

Strengths:    Simple design, comfortable, good and breathable material.

Weaknesses:    Wore through the first pair pretty quick, but for the price it's pretty much a non issue.

Bottom Line:
Great gloves. I'm on my second pair and kinda wished I'd bought two more just in case they stop making em. If you're looking for a good do-it-all glove these are the bomb.

Similar Products Used:   All kinds of full and half finger not to mention Motocross gloves

Bike Setup:   MTB, Cyclocross, Road. I do it all baby.

Submitted by jonw9 a Cross Country Rider from Michigan

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2010

Strengths:    Durable, thin, no velcro, grippy fingers

Weaknesses:    The thin palm (no additional padding) may be a drawback for some, but work great for XC riding.

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair for racing, and then a second pair after wearing the first pair a few times. They take a bit of work to get on, but fit great. I have washed them a couple times, and they come out like new.

Purchased At:   Velicipede

Bike Setup:   2010 Fisher Superfly SS

Submitted by onegymrat a Weekend Warrior from Southern California

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2010

Strengths:    Light, comfortable, stylist, terry cloth sweat wipe area, washes very well.

Bottom Line:
These are by far the best mtn biking gloves I have used in my four years in the sport. I was hesitant at first about the cuffless design, thinking it wouldn't give enough support, but I was totally wrong. It is MUCH more comfy than the usual velcro closure on most. The palm area is just right and the material overall is stretchy and comforming without being too tight. The terry nose wipe is a Godsend. I wash them fairly regularly and they've held up really well. Just buy them!

Favorite Trail:   Marshall Canyon

Similar Products Used:   Fox Digit, Fox Attack, Giro Remedy, and many others.

Bike Setup:   2010 Pivot Mach 5

Currently own '98 Homegrown Factory XT; student; next step?

Hi all, I do XC stuff on local trails in the Bay Area (Alum Rock mostly, Skeggs a few times) on a '98 Homegrown Factory XT hardtail, in 19" size (I'm 6') that I scored for really cheap on craigslist a couple years ago. I've only been riding since. [ATTACH=CONFIG]821344[/ATTACH] Current specs: Cont ... Read More »

Purchased Santa Cruz V10 Brand New from Factory/Need Advice

Guys, need advice. This is my first downhill bike... 1. So what's this I keep hearing about floating brakes? Is my new V10 going to have floating brakes? 2. Does the V10 still suffer from the issue of the VPP lower pivot joint loosening after about every single ride? ThanksRead More »

What 29ers come with Shimano SLX/XT brakes from the factory?

So far I've only found a few Trek bikes... I have a Superfly 100 Pro and looking for something similar for my gf but everything comes with Avid brakes and I just don't want to roll the dice on them or deal with them. I also don't want to pay to upgrade a new bike when I can get one how I want it fr ... Read More »

Is the factory Kashima upgrade just the coating? Or is also internals and valving? If it is just the coating, that doesn't seem worth it for a rear shock, but if it is more... (Burner is the bike in question)Read More »

vintage 1987 cannondale custom airbrush ,factory painter signed

picked this bike today , looked it up its a house cannondale made in PA has a custom job by a cannondale builder ,its signed with air BS by who ever that was deore xt sis shifter , maillard made in france hubs laced to Lavancer made in usa rims stamped m 16 87 ,italian leather seat one of the rare ... Read More »