Fox Racing Reflex Gel Gloves

Fox Reflex Gel Full Finger MTB Cycling Glove is perhaps the most comprehensive off-road specific cyclist's glove on the market today. Using AX Suede and genuine gel in the palm, a lightweight, breathable upper and nearly full-length silicone finger grippe

Submitted by monzie

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2012

Strengths:    The sweat patch goes the whole length of the thumb. They have padding the whole way across the palm. They don't bunch.

Weaknesses:    None that I'm aware of.

Bottom Line:
I was on the lookout for these for the silly reason that they matched my shoes perfectly. Plus, I had heard good things about Fox's gloves in general. Found them at REI in my size and on sale for $17.95. Score. I've only had them a few months but in that time have put well over 200mi (~322km) on them. Despite the fact that they are dirty and have a blood stain they still feel super comfortable. One of my favorite things is that the pads go all the way across the palm. Keeps my hands feeling fresh even when I'm logging the mega miles.

I just did a 6hr race and used them for the last four laps of the race (6mi/~10km course) on some pretty bumpy terrain and my hands felt great afterwords. They don't bunch up on me in the creases of my knuckles either which is a problem I hear some other gloves have. Just super comfortable and almost like there's nothing there besides the awesome vibration dampening of the pads.

They fit true to size too. I wear a small and they are a small that fit me, well, like a glove. The other thing about them I really liked was that the sweat wipe patch runs the entire length of the thumb. So perfect considering that I generally use the end of my thumb and a lot of gloves I looked at only had the patch closer to the base of the thumb.

One last thing: I think the MSRP on this site is off, way off. I think I generally see them for something in the $25-$30 USD range, definitely not anywhere near the hundo mark.

Duration Product Used:   A few months

Purchased At:   REI

Bike Setup:   Wheels, cranks, bars, pedals, etc.

Submitted by luv2bike a Cross Country Rider from Southwest, USA

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2011

Strengths:    Hold up well! Good ventilation. Good fit. Look good.

Weaknesses:    None found yet. Maybe that the velcro closure wants to reattach when you are trying to take the gloves off.

Bottom Line:
These are a great glove, and if you are willing to wear an off color, you can get a great deal on them online. They have held up well and are some of the most comfortable I have found so far.

Similar Products Used:   Enduras (they suck). Gore bike wear (another good choice). Pearl Izumi (fall apart).