Fox Racing Mojave Gloves

3.5/5 (70 Reviews)

Fox Mojave Glove is a full thumb short finger glove with light palm padding, breathable spacer mesh and embossed Airprene flex panel.

Submitted by gotdurt a Cross Country Rider from Austin, Tx

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2009

Strengths:    Full thumb, plus much more for the older generations, although that's irrelevant now

Weaknesses:    The new generation ('09): Runs small, poor construction, practically no padding, useless little straps with velcro that came off after 2 rides. After a couple of months of use, I'm done... I'm back to using some old ones for now.

Bottom Line:
I'm really disappointed in the new gloves. I've been a huge, loyal fan of the Mojave gloves since my first pair in '98, and they only seemed to improve the excellent glove each generation after that... until now; the new gloves are junk. It saddens me, really. Get it together Fox... I guess it's time to move on and find an new favorite, although full thumbs are hard to find.

Favorite Trail:   National Trail, AZ

Purchased At:   Amazon

Similar Products Used:   Several older versions of the Mojave, plus various others over the years.

Bike Setup:   Secialized Stumpjumper FSR XC Comp

Submitted by Cornflake a Cross Country Rider from Birmingham, AL, USA

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2009

Strengths:    Full thumb, sweatpad, comfortable palm padding

Weaknesses:    velcro closure

Bottom Line:
Love my old Mojave gloves. Had them around ten years. I finally just completely wore them out. My new ones were a complete redesign. First impressions were that they did not fit as well (a little tighter) and did not seem to be as heavy duty. The velcro closures in particular seemed flimsy. In fact, after only four rides, the velcro closure on my left glove broke completely. Very disappointing. Would love to have a new pair like the old ones...the closure is still good on those! I will be replacing my new ones soon, but honestly don't know with what.

Favorite Trail:   Oak Mountain

Similar Products Used:   Older Fox Mojave, Fox Sidewinder

Submitted by Neuner a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2009

Strengths:    Hold up great. I've had two pairs of these gloves over the past 6+ years and never have they frayed or fallen apart

Weaknesses:    When mine get wet from sweat they stretch and become dangerous. This doesn't occur right when they are new but slowly over time so that after about a summer of riding, it is hard to hold on to the handle bars after my hands start sweating.

Bottom Line:
The only reason I got rid of my first pair was because I had to cut the glove off of my broken hand.

Even though mine aren't showing much wear & tear, I'm needing a new pair due to the stretching. Debating whether or not to give a different brand a try.

Submitted by Dial Tone a Weekend Warrior from Southern California, USA

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2008

Strengths:    Very breathable, great for summer riding, great for XC riding, fit and quality

Weaknesses:    None found--seriously.

Bottom Line:
Absolutely the best gloves I have ever owned! Perfect for XC riding, very comfortable even in 90+ degree riding. So far no fraying or ripping of seams. I have OTB'd with these and not a scuff. Also washed regularly when it starts to stink and it has held up great.

I wear a size 11 and the fit is great while a size 11 on a Fox Dirtpaw is a bit snug. Same company so the sizing should be the same right? Go figure.

I have the '08 model and is a lot better looking than the previous years. I would most definitely buy again if/when this pair eventually wears out.

Favorite Trail:   Bonelli Park

Purchased At:   Incycle

Similar Products Used:   Tour Master Summer gloves (motorcycle specific), Fox Dirtpaw

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Hi-Fi Plus, CB 50/50, Salsa stem, Azonic Mid-rise, Panaracer Fire XC Pros

Submitted by dirtdigler2 a Downhiller from sydney australia

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2007

Strengths:    cheap coumfy reasonably strong sweat wipe strip easy to take off and put on

Weaknesses:    hard to pick your nose with

Bottom Line:
nice
looks good with chaps good protection on the dance floor when break dancing

Favorite Trail:   snail trail

Similar Products Used:   specialized etc

Bike Setup:   mountain bike with round wheels

Submitted by Will a Cross Country Rider from Boulder, CO

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2006

Weaknesses:    For the money you might just spend five more and get the better ones. Product is not as good as the brand name is. Fox gloves are great, but this on isn't.

Bottom Line:
Would buy another, but if you got these there not the end of the world.

Submitted by Jean Artiges from Saint Hilaire, Québec, Canada

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2006

Strengths:    The materials of the gloves are really good and very resistants for their thickness. There is also a really good ventilation for the thickness of this gloves.

Weaknesses:    the completion of the seams is not enough perfect for the reputation of the brand but not bad...

Bottom Line:
The 2006 Fox Mojave are really good and if you don't want to spend more than 20 to 25 dollars for a pair of mountain bike gloves, don't hesitate! Go for thems!

Favorite Trail:   Mont Tremblant Freeride/North Shore Trails

Stem: Syntace Superforce
Handlebar: Syntace Vector Lowrider 2014
Saddle: Titec Ithys
Seatpost: Syntace P6
Pedals: Axiom double jump flat pedals

Submitted by Ldopa a Cross Country Rider from Norman, OK

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2006

Strengths:    The smaller three fingers, as well as the outer part of the hand constructed well. Semi padded back hand. Fit very snuggly
for appropriate size, which is a plus. The velcro strap was small and therefore did not protrude.

Weaknesses:    The outer portion of the thumb (60-70%) was constructed of terry cloth/super thin nylon (literally as thin as pantyhose nylon)with very thin FOAM (very weak foam at that)sandwiched and GLUED between the two. The outer part of the index finger was constructed in the same way. Barely stretching the material caused the inner layer of foam to pull apart and break up. Add the necessary post ride washings to that and you have a glove that is very likely to degrade rapidly on the portion of the hand that holds most of the riders weight. The Fox logo on top of the hand took up space that should have been reserved for more mesh for further ventilation

Bottom Line:
Would have been a very good glove if the terry cloth was minus the foam, and double wrapped then stitched. This would have given the glove, roughly the same thickness but giving it better durability and greater longevity. On a note of personal
opinion, the glove would have also scored higher marks if it had a short thumb, thereby giving the fit more of a consistent feel (something of which many full finger gloves lack).

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   661,LG's

Bike Setup:   several bikes

Submitted by Mike Gomez a Weekend Warrior from Norwalk,CA, USA

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2005

Strengths:    Good ventilation, good padding, great glove

Weaknesses:    don't like the full thumb

Bottom Line:
Great glove for the summer. Not too expensive and even though they are fingerless, they still give great protection. Good quality golve for the price. These should last a long time. Not a single regret buying these gloves. I recomend these to anyone

Favorite Trail:   Unal Trail

Bike Setup:   trek 4300

Submitted by Erik Magrini a Downhiller from Libertyville, IL, USA

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2005

Strengths:    Very well ventilated, comfortable, seems to be well made and more durable than other reviews led me to believe.

Weaknesses:    Full thumb was too short for my hands.

Bottom Line:
The only negative thing I can say about these gloves is that for MY hands, the full thumb was too short. Fit my buddies' hands just fine though, so this is a personal thing. As soon as I cut the tip of the thumb off and re-sewed to prevent fraying, the glove fit like.... well a glove! My hands don't get hot in these at all, and I have no worries about them not lasting for some time to come. Not a lot of padding in the palm, but that's the way I like it. Even when they get wet, still fit and feel great.

Favorite Trail:   PETS - Kenosha

Purchased At:   REI.com

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn, Specialized

Bike Setup:   2005 Specialized Stumperjumper Disc, ODI Rogues, WTB Laser V Stealth.

Submitted by Burns a Cross Country Rider from St. Louis, MO, USA

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2004

Strengths:    Look sweeeeeet. Full thumb so I can get the sweat out of the corners of my eyes before it stings.

Weaknesses:    No padding, fraying stitching after no time in the saddle. Take a long time to dry. Need more mesh on the back.

Bottom Line:
They are far better looking than anything else on the market, but the quality is not the best. I wouldn't wear them for longer rides. Also, I wish they had padding of some sort. They DO run small. I could barely fit a large. And I have medium hands.

Favorite Trail:   CHUBB

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   REI Lifeline.

Bike Setup:   Trek 4500, WTB Rocket V saddle, serfas grips, shimano M520 pedals (well, as soon as REI puts them on)

Submitted by Berf a Cross Country Rider from Ocala,Fl

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2004

Strengths:    Great fit. I've read other rider's comments about the "stitching" being poor quality. I can honestly say after two years of riding, and numerous crashes these gloves are still in great shape. I'll be buying another set of gloves soon (girlfriend), I'll be buying another pair of these. I like the full coverage on the thumb also. Overall a really nice product.

Weaknesses:    If any I would say these gloves are approx $5-$10 mor expensive than most of the other gloves my LBS carries. I guess you get what you pay for though. I'd rater be out $30 for a pair of these gloves than spend $15-$20 on several pair of the other brands (Pearl).

Bottom Line:
These gloves rock. They are very comfortable, and in my opinion quite durable (2 years of use). I will be a Fox customer for the rest of my riding days.

Favorite Trail:   Santos

Purchased At:   Streits Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Fox, Nashbar, Pearl, Cannondale

Bike Setup:   Schwinn Homegrown, Easton,King, Shimano XT-XTR, Mavic 517's 22lbs overall.

Submitted by Nate a Cross Country Rider from Cerritos, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2004

Strengths:    Great looking, cools the hand, wicks away moisture, terry cloth thumb (while fragile) is sooo nice on a sweaty forhead

Weaknesses:    not enough padding, I don't like the fraying strings

Bottom Line:
Gloves that get looks, but at the end of a ride your hands couldn't care less about good looks. 30 buck is way to expensive, 20 is more reasonable. for all you freeriders saying the gloves fall apart... um should freeriders be wearing half finger gloves ?

Favorite Trail:   whiting ranch, aliso woods

Purchased At:   supergo