Fox Racing Digit Gloves

3.64/5 (25 Reviews)

Bomb the trails with the Fox Digit Glove. The durable, double-layer, perforated palm, silicone-gripper fingertips, and stretch knuckle panel make the Digit Glove the only one for your hands no matter your discipline, whether you're out pushing your personal downhill limits, pulling an all-day cross-country ride, or getting buckwild while launching jumps.

Submitted by WaveSailR

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable

Weaknesses:    Lack of protection. Lightweight material does not protect hands in crash. Suffered significant thumb and palm injury after crashing hard. Skin on thumb and palm nearly completely removed during crash. Slightly heavier material with stronger thread and stitching would have prevented injury.

Bottom Line:
Comfortable, cool, and lack of protection in crash. Good for low-speed, soft crashes. Useless for fast, hard impact crashes.

Submitted by pbbreath a Weekend Warrior from Redding, CA

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2011

Strengths:    Breathes well, fits well.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:

After running a set for 2 years I can say that these gloves are awesome. Just bought 2 more sets on sale. Great for all conditions. If you happen to have short fingers these are for you.

Favorite Trail:   Time Warp, Ashland OR

Purchased At:   Hucknroll.com

Similar Products Used:   Lots

Bike Setup:   Titus El Guapo HEAVY

Submitted by secretary7 a Cross Country Rider from Amarillo, Tx.

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2011

Strengths:    Comfortable in spite of the minimal padding they keep my hands from going numb and give me a great feel. They protect well and fit great. The gripper pads on the first two fingers are great for the brake levers.

Weaknesses:    No sweat pad.

Bottom Line:
I got these as a long finger glove for cold weather rides but I wear them now in all conditions. They fit great and the sz. Lg. haven't stretched out during long 2+hour MTB rides. I'll even wear these on 50-70 mile road rides vs. my short gloves b/c they are so comfortable. My only complaint is the lack of a sweat pad. I sweat a lot and if they could incorporate on it would help. I got mine on sale at my LBS.

Favorite Trail:   GS Trail System

Similar Products Used:   Trek, Spenco, Avereo

Bike Setup:   Rigid SS

Submitted by exsmokeydabandit a Cross Country Rider from Poway, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2010

Strengths:    Durable. Had my share of falls and protected my hands perfectly. Even with falls, gloves still look new.

Weaknesses:    Gloves appear to have stretched. Fit great for the first few months but now when my hands get sweaty, they slip around inside of the glove. Not a good feeling when flying downhill. Maybe a size smaller is needed, but they did go from good to bad. Will try and revise review.

Bottom Line:
These worked outstanding at the start and are still very durable as far as craftsmanship but they appear to stretch out too easily.

Favorite Trail:   Noble Canyon

Purchased At:   Bike Empire

Similar Products Used:   None. First timer - 8 months riding twice a week.

Bike Setup:   Don't matter

Submitted by Hunter a Weekend Warrior from Minot afb ND

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2009

Strengths:    very breathable. sturdy fit, well, nothing wrong with them

Weaknesses:    n/a

Bottom Line:
love them! use them for everything from cutting the grass to working on the bike. I would highly recommend them

Favorite Trail:   havent found one

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   first gloves

Bike Setup:   full suspension hm snakehead

Submitted by AnotherBikerGuy a Cross Country Rider from California

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2009

Strengths:    Very comfortable, great grip, enough protection, and decently ventilated.

Weaknesses:    The little rubber accents do tend to fall off after a while, but this doesn't really impact the performance.

Bottom Line:
I love these gloves for cross-country training and racing. They're very comfortable, they ventilate well for a full-finger glove, and they provide a good solid grip on the bars. They have enough padding to save your hands in a fall (and they've saved mine!) without being overly bulky. Maybe a little bit pricey, but well worth it. Definitely a quality glove for a cross-country or trail rider (all-mountain riders or downhillers will probably want more protection).

Favorite Trail:   Tamarancho

Purchased At:   Sunshine Bikes

Bike Setup:   Cross-country hardtail

Submitted by Natedogz a Cross Country Rider from NorCal

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2009

Strengths:    Great fit, lightweight, good ventilation, durable.

Weaknesses:    No towel sweat wipe! I end up using the rough-azz padding to wipe sweat of my brow. No very pleasant and I am not really sure why it is missing!!!???

Bottom Line:
Great fit, lightweight, good ventilation, durable......but misssing the built-in sweat wipe on the back of the thumb!!! Only gloves I wear and rotate a couple pairs so they last longer (and carry spare pair in my Camelbak)....only thing holding them back is lack of the sweat wipe pad.

Favorite Trail:   singletrack

Similar Products Used:   Various Pearl Izumi gloves that all have built-in sweat wipe on the back of the thumb!

Bike Setup:   08 Specialized Rockhopper Disc 29er.

Submitted by look mum, no hands a Weekend Warrior from Bangkok

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2008

Strengths:    Generally very well vented gloves.

Weaknesses:    No towel sweat wipe so not a big fan.I end up using the rough ass padding to wipe sweat of my brow. No very pleasant and I am not really sure why it is missing!!!???

Bottom Line:
MAybe in the more temperate zones this product is sweet, but definately not if you ride in the tropics.....maybe reserve them for the two weeks of mildly dry weather we have in Dec.

Favorite Trail:   Tam Pratoon

Purchased At:   local shop - bikezon

Similar Products Used:   Dakine Highwire

Bike Setup:   '07 SC Heckler, Fox Talas RLC, XT Hubs, Mavic Rim, ControlTech Cockpit, WTB Saddle, Juicy 5s, SRAM X7 drive train, Geax Sturdy 2.25s

Submitted by 5Toes Owns a Weekend Warrior from Bremerton, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2007

Strengths:    Well these gloves are bombin'. They are like totally perfect. Mine are red/white, and look sweet. I like the silicone coating for extra grip

Weaknesses:    Well the leather on them is only synthetic and, on my pair, white. But that's about it..

Bottom Line:
Buy these gloves =DDD

Favorite Trail:   Olympic Mountains

Purchased At:   Silverdale Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   None, and I didn't have to because, these are perfect!!!!

Bike Setup:   2007 Raleigh Mojave 4.0

Submitted by Charlie Roscoe a Cross Country Rider from Cheraw, SC, USA

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2007

Strengths:    Comfortable, padding, enhanced grip.

Weaknesses:    I wish they breathed a bit more, but they don't cook my hands.

Bottom Line:
These are good gloves. The padding on the palm is nice and thick. They fit a little snug (which I like, they're not so tight they restrict bloodflow) and I feel like I can control the bike a little better as opposed to riding bare handed. I do wish they hand some more venting, but they're not terribly hot (keep in mind, I'm in the humid southeast). Overall, I think they feel good, and look good (black/grey like all of my gear) :)

Favorite Trail:   All

Purchased At:   Campmor.com

Similar Products Used:   Mechanics gloves

Bike Setup:   N/A

Submitted by John a Weekend Warrior from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2007

Strengths:    A Fox product so everything.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I ordered these 2002 racing model gloves in grey back in 2003 online at www.foxracing.ca. At the same time I ordered a pair of 2002 Racing Sidewinders in black. They were on clearance at $20/pair, so I puchased 2 pairs, 1 jersey & 1 pair of shorts to justify the shipping cost. I've only ever put these gloves on one time to test them out. I still have them in mint condition waiting for my 2002 Fox Racing Sidewinders to fall apart befroe I switch to them.
Bottom Line: Five years after being made, four years in my closet & by 2010 they may see the light of day!

Purchased At:   Fox Racing - www.foxracing.ca

Similar Products Used:   Answer Stylus Gloves (the red ones pictured in Answer Gloves) 1997, Troy Lee Design SE Gloves (grey) 2002, Fox Racing Sidewinder (black) 2002.

Bike Setup:   2001 Trek Fuel 90 Disk

Submitted by Kevin rader a Cross Country Rider from cary, NC

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2006

Strengths:    Good vent, durable good grip.,

Weaknesses:    THE SMELL! These gloves develop a stench that reminds me of the practice jersey that I left in my locker for a week during football camp. I think I ended up burning the thing and it still would not die.

Bottom Line:
I bought these gloves because I find myself grabbing trees once in a while and, since I play drums for a living, it is important for me to prtect my fingers. These do the job very well. I have been using them for a year and they look almost new even though I have crashed too many times to count. Don't know how to get rid of the smell, though.

Similar Products Used:   these are my first full-finger gloves.

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior from Tustin, CA

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2006

Strengths:    Excellent fit, comfortable, adequate padding, good price

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I used the half-finger Tahoe gloves for several years and finally decided to switch to full-finger gloves. I first tried the Team XC Long gloves but didn't like them for two reasons: not enough padding in the palm and no wrist velcro strap. I just couldn't get them to fit right.

I looked some more and ended up with the Fox Digit. They have a double layer of material in the palm and the fit is nice and snug. I haven't gotten any hot spots from my hands rubbing around, as I did with the Team XCs. They look fairly low key as well (no neon colors) and the price is right. So far I'm very satisfied.

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   Fox Tahoe, Specialized Team XC Long

Bike Setup:   Specialized Stumpjumper

Submitted by Brent a Cross Country Rider from Baltimore, MD USA

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2005

Strengths:    Decent ventilation when going fast, look cool, great glove overall

Weaknesses:    SMELL BAD! I have washed these daggumed things so many times, and besides the rubber on the knuckles starting to come off, they stink like Sex Panther from Anchorman. I mean some serious stank. Maybe it's me, but damn.

Bottom Line:
Great glove, if it weren't for that smell. I mean, I know that you're supposed to wash them, and take care of them. Problem is, is even when I do wash them, the smell isn't ever completely gone, and it gets worse the next time I wear them. It's a shame, too, cuz the gloves kick some serious a$$ otherwise. Well, I had the 2004s. Maybe the 05s I'm going to buy tomorrow will be different.

Favorite Trail:   Seminary