Fox Head Incline Gloves

4.14/5 (42 Reviews)

The Fox Incline Glove works just as well going up as it does going down. Constructed using stretch Spandura backing and Clarino palms, the Incline not only protects, but breathes?which is just as important when the temperature rises. The Incline also features silicon imprints on the fingertips for confident braking, because flying off the singletrack at 30mph sucks, especially when you meant to grab a handful of brake.

Submitted by Dirtydeeds a Cross Country Rider from Las Cruces, nm, 88005

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2012

Strengths:    NO PADDING. this is a strength. breathable. LONG LIFE, I have had mine for over 4 years. the one from 5 years ago is wearing out and the pair from 4 years ago is just showing signs I need to replace. Survived hundreds of washes.

Weaknesses:    no padding if you are all about padding.

Bottom Line:
I have used and used these gloves. I have washed them hundreds of times. cant do that with padded gloves. I have bought other gloves to have them fail after 2-3 rides and gone back to these every time. They are not for the extreme cold but if you need better cold protection and these didn't provide it for you that's a personal problem. Also if the glove is moving around on your hand you have to big a size. all the negative reviews are way wrong. I just ordered 5 of these in my size in different colors to never have to worry about gloves again. They are the best gloves I have ever came across. These where a recommendation from a shop manager. As he said they are not the fanciest, flashiest or most comfortable but they will do the job over and over and over.

Purchased At:   outdoor

Similar Products Used:   too many to list

Bike Setup:   a 29er FS

Submitted by MOTOMATT19 a Cross Country Rider from Staten Island, NY

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2010

Strengths:    Grip, Breathable, Durable, Style, Color

Bottom Line:
Price is great for such a well built glove. They look great and hold up well. Top of the glove wick's sweat. The palm remains tacky even when wet, too. Extra material on finger tips and thumb web add grip and wear life. Awesome glove!

Favorite Trail:   Six Mile Run, NJ

Purchased At:   PricePoint.com

Similar Products Used:   1/4 Finger

Bike Setup:   2011 Trek 8000

Submitted by axekid423 a Cross Country Rider from elkridge, MD, US

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2010

Strengths:    durable leather, machine washable, breathable fabric

Weaknesses:    weak velcro

Bottom Line:
good durable, breathable glove thats worth the price

Favorite Trail:   the widowmaker

Purchased At:   race pace bicycles

Submitted by yfz_duner a Weekend Warrior from Winchester, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2009

Strengths:    No rubberized parts.

Weaknesses:    Terry cloth thumb has faded some after a year or so and a few washing cycles.

Bottom Line:
After struggling a bit to get maps out of my pocket because of rubberized bits on my MX gloves, I decided I needed a pair of MTB gloves. These gloves have been great. I'm ready to buy another pair so I always have a clean set.

Purchased At:   foxracing.com

Similar Products Used:   Fox Reflex Gel

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel EX 8

Submitted by aries14 a Cross Country Rider from Delaware

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2009

Strengths:    Simple, almost feels like you dont have on gloves. Wash them, hang dry and they get right back on the job!

Weaknesses:    Tough to find xxl.... Other then that I like them alot. I purchase two pair a year.

Bottom Line:
I like these gloves because there always on sale, and to me they feel almost like I'm riding with my bare hands. No padding, but allows you to keep a firm grip! Try them for your self.

Favorite Trail:   Bwine, Fair Hill

Purchased At:   Green Fish

Similar Products Used:   Many out there I'm sure. I dont know what they are.

Bike Setup:   Nice

Submitted by timobkg a Cross Country Rider from Frederick, MD

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2009

Strengths:    Light, comfortable, well ventilated, feel secure on the grips.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I think these are great XC gloves. They're light, with just enough padding to make them feel comfortable and secure. My hands don't get hot, and so far they seem durable. They provide all the protection you would need for XC riding.

The light padding is refreshing compared to all the PI gloves I see with 1/4" of gel padding. These gloves feel secure on the bars, without being squishy or squirrely.

Purchased At:   Race Pace Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   Schwin Stingray

Submitted by xc hardtail RP a Cross Country Rider from Manila, Philippines

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2008

Strengths:    Nice, simple low-profile design. Good fit, silicon tips grip brake levers well.

Weaknesses:    The leather palms take some time to dry.

Bottom Line:
This 2008 Fox glove is great for my needs. The style and black/silver colors are cool, and the leather palm helps cushion my hands when on rough terrain.

Best part is the sweat-wicking terry cloth thumb. Greatly helps keeping stinging perspiration out of my eyes! 8^)

A known brand which does the job. Excellent product! Highly recommended!!

Favorite Trail:   any place to bike

Purchased At:   Dan's Bike Shop Maka

Bike Setup:   2008 Jamis Trail X 3.0 24s disc

Submitted by ERICK RICO a Weekend Warrior from SAN DIEGO, CA

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2008

Strengths:    Long Lasting, Awesome look, and MACHINE WASHABLE!! YAY (BTW, mine do not look like the picture above, mine were synthetic leather, brown.)

Weaknesses:    Dry slow, but gloves rare get wet.
Note: When i say dry slow, is like when its raining, not talking about sweat.

Bottom Line:
~ These are perfect for any type of riding. These gloves have saved my hands several times from falls on concrete at high speeds. Weird how they are still going strong. Remember these are machine washable, so they stay clean :)

Favorite Trail:   SECRET

Purchased At:   Performance Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   None, these were my first pair

Bike Setup:   They're gloves....... -.-

Submitted by Glenn Vernes a Cross Country Rider from Middletown, CT

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2006

Strengths:    Comfortable, grippy, looks good, free of garish logos.

Bottom Line:
I ended up needing size XL in these gloves, even though I used to use size medium in Pearl Izumi fingerless gloves. I think the companies might be sizing the gloves smaller to save money, or sizing them for smaller Asian hands (no offense to you Asians out there). At any rate be sure you grab handlebars with these gloves before you buy them, or you might go home with gloves that are too small. Grabbing bars tends to make the fingers bunch up.

As far as the gloves are concerned, they have grippy palms that almost stick to the handlebar grips, they're comfortable, protect your thumb from abrasion (even after a 10-hour, 50 mile mtb ride), and have understated good looks that are free of garish logos, and are appropriate for road or mtb use.

I've had them for less than a month and can't comment on durability.

Purchased At:   Cycling Concepts

Similar Products Used:   Cheap work gloves

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Rush 1000.

Submitted by Jason a Cross Country Rider from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2006

Strengths:    -Simple
-Comfortable
-Perfect Fit
-VERY VERY good breathability

Weaknesses:    -Doesn't dry fast

Bottom Line:
The best pair I have. I've tried almost all the MEC gloves for 2005 and 2006. They are nice, but I found that the back of your hand/knuckle area material was too thick and didn't stretch. Hence pinching finger.

The search was on for a glove that didn't do that and had a soft strechable material for the knuckle area.

I found these from reading the fox website. I ordered a pair of medium without even trying them on. FIT PERFECT!

THere is zero padding. I found that too much padding was a bad thing, it could cause the glove to chafe your hand. I originally though more padding = less hand numbness. Not the case. Good fit = no numbness.

Get these gloves if you ride cross country and want excellent breathability, light and good feel with them on.

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Almost the entire MEC full finger line up
Specialized BG full finger

Bike Setup:   Avid SD Ultimate levers
Avid BB7 Discs
Ergon WP1 Grips

Submitted by Jodiuh a Cross Country Rider from Tempe, AZ, USA

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2006

Strengths:    They're cheap?

Weaknesses:    tight/painful on the thumb, palm bunching up, uncomfy after sweaty...stay sweaty, lame and useless silicon grips

Bottom Line:
After cutting my fingers on the drive by foilage, I finally caved to my bro's "Full Finger or bust" motto. The kicker that put me over the edge...braking grip. I finally realized my fingerless gloves dealt me sweaty fingers and thus slipfest on the brakes...on the downhill. :(

So the Inclines were purchased cheap and they felt good enough for me to give em a go on the trail. What I found was a glove that was so molded to be in the "hands around bar" grip position, when riding uphill, my thumbs BEGGED for mercy. I like to move my hands around that these wouldn't have any of that!

The downhills left me with nothing but a palm full of glove constanty slipping back and forth. To say I lost confidence on the way down would be an understatement. I actually slowed down, haha!

I went on an uncharacteristically humid day here in the desert and found these gloves just heavy and moist with no desire to expel any of the sweat from my hands.

Ah yes, the grips. Good idea, bad implementation. They're like itty bitty tear drops from a Fox or little dog and do absolutely nothing to assist in braking. At least compared to the Raji or Troy Lee's gracious helpings of silicon.

Basically...it sucked.

Jod :-)

Favorite Trail:   Desert Classic

Purchased At:   Local Performance Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Super - Troy Lee Designs XC, Ok - 661 Raji

Bike Setup:   I have medium to large hands and the Ergon MP1 Grips.

Submitted by Andy a Weekend Warrior from Seattle Wa USofA

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2006

Strengths:    Simple. Build tuff as nails. Great dextarity. Comfy. somewhat tight fit.

Weaknesses:    Hands get a wee bit sweaty. no protection when it comes to upper hands.

Bottom Line:
these gloves are the shiznet when u dont want anything shnazy and bulky on ur hands. they fit like a good glove should and dont move around like all these small handed folk say.

Favorite Trail:   all of dem