Fox Head Dirtpaw Gloves

4.19/5 (48 Reviews)

The Fox Racing Men's Dirtpaw is a great all-around bike glove?tough enough for freeriding without being overkill on the singletrack. A padded palm keeps these gloves from being destroyed if you eat it on a lose corner, and the padded knuckles ensure you don't look like you just finished a bar fight after a nasty wreck.

Submitted by h_daddy

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2014

Strengths:    Big bang for the buck. durable material, some padding, great aesthetics,

Weaknesses:    Fox sizing is a lie!

Bottom Line:
Bought them online so I had to take the Fox size chart's word for it. Got the XL rather than the XXL that I had worn in Mechanix and Pearl Izumi. I should have gone with my instincts. The palm was snug but not tight, I actually preferred it. However, the fingers were shallow which caused a slight webbed-fingerness and the glove didn't pull to my wrist, just the base of my hand. When all was said and done, It didn't bother me enough to send them back so I used them for three years. Even a size small, they lasted three years! For a little over $20, that's pretty good. The last few months the V between fingers, especially the index and ring V, started to unravel and now they are on their last legg. I don't ride anything that would require real hand armor, but the minimal finger and backhand padding made me feel like a tough guy and gave me some peace of mind.
Overall I'd call this a great glove. In fact, I will likely buy the same model again soon, this time in the correct size!

Submitted by Caleb a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2013

Strengths:    Comfortable feel
Strong protection from the tumbles - saved my skin!
Good construction.
Good in winter and seem to keep good insulation when wet also

Weaknesses:    Cant use a touch screen phone with them on
Velcro looses it's stick after a few years
One of the rubber knuckles came a little loose

Bottom Line:
I've had a pair for a few years, they're comfortable and provide good protection for when you do hit the dirt / road.

These provide great protection, the only time I really put it to the test was a decent-speed slide on the road, grazed my legs through long pants but only left a few scuff marks on the gloves.

They offer some warmth for when it's cold and aren't too bad in summer. My first pair lasted about 3 years - a daily commute on the road and weekend mountain bike rides and when I lost them I bought another pair. They're one of the best bits of cycling kit I own!

I'd say these are great for XC and All Mountain type of riding - or commuting and road riders if you're actually concerned about protecting your hands!

Favorite Trail:   Manly Dam

Duration Product Used:   3 years

Similar Products Used:   Some Bontager Gloves, they were ok.

Bike Setup:   Commuter - 29er hard tail with slicks & a rack-on-the-back
Scott Spark

Submitted by Frodo1

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2012

Strengths:    seem to stay cool in summer

Weaknesses:    broken a the very beginning! I opened my parcel and I was shocked of the bad quality. WHY DO WE GET SO MUCH CRAP FROM LEADING COMPANIES??? .... quick money - mande in China...
Anyhow, two stiches were already damaged. I sent them back. No more Fox. Still looking for good made gloves :(

Bottom Line:
Don´t buy them. I had some similar Pearl Izumi before. Not realy excellent but defenetly better. I had them for 3 years hard biking! Though I also use Freeride gloves for heavier usage - at the moment Tryo Lee, they are OK)

Submitted by Steve NMI

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2012

Strengths:    Good venting, good grip, price, cool looks

Weaknesses:    Sizing

Bottom Line:
I just got these broken in and I really like them. I saw them online and contemplated getting them but wasnt sure about size. I ended up buying them in a MX store and glad I tried them on first,went up a size from normal and still had to break in the index finger valley. Beyond that they are great. They stayed cool in 90* summer riding, kept good grip, and ahve good protection from trail whips. Also I like the light padding in the palm area that is effective and not bulky. All in, a good buy.

Submitted by freerideslr

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2012

Strengths:    comfortable
good protection
decent price
looks good

Bottom Line:
What can I say, so far these have held up great and are comfortable and breathable. I had my old pair of Fox sidewinder gloves for 9 years before they fell apart so I have high hopes for these.

Submitted by CoCo149 a Cross Country Rider from Columbia, SC, USA

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2012

Strengths:    Perfect fit. I have odd-shaped hands and these gloves conformed very well.
Durability. I've had these for a year. I've ridden about 1,500 miles with them, wrecked dozens of times with no cuts to my hands, I use them as my shooting gloves, and I even wore them through Tough Mudder. Thus far, the only damage is one of the rubber sections on the knuckles has started to come unglued.

Weaknesses:    Doesn't have the terry cloth sweat wipe section that other riding gloves have.

Bottom Line:
Overall these are excellent gloves. They're very comfortable and they offer excellent protection. If I ever wear these out I will be buying an identical pair.

Favorite Trail:   Stewardship trail

Purchased At:   Cycle Center

Similar Products Used:   Specialized XC Lite

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Flash 2 29er

Submitted by Odii a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix, AZ, USA

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2012

Strengths:    Protection in the places you need it.
Killer looks.

Weaknesses:    Stitching can be weak

Bottom Line:
I have bought 2 pairs of the Dirtpaws, the first pair was stolen when my house was broken into... my bike was left, but they stole my gloves!

Good gloves, good price. The velcro is strong, but the elastic around the wrist and some of the stitching can be a little weak.

Purchased At:   Amazon

Similar Products Used:   Dirtpaw X 2

Bike Setup:   Giant Revel 1

Submitted by airdonut41 a Cross Country Rider from UPark, PA

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2011

Strengths:    Simple, comfortable, and breathe well. I have used these in all seasons and found them to be a pretty solid choice (obviously they're not great in the winter).

Weaknesses:    The sizing on these is very strange. I ordered a medium after checking to confirm that my hand size fell in the center of the medium measurement. I got them and they were almost too tight for my forefinger to reach the brakes. After a couple weeks they stretched out and are perfect now, but those first few rides were a little rough.

Bottom Line:
I would order a size larger than normal. Other than that, if you want a no frills durable glove that breathes well, the dirtpaw is a good choice. Camplosion looks pretty sick, for the record

Purchased At:   rememberdelaware.com

Bike Setup:   Specialized Epic Comp 29er

Submitted by ACC a Weekend Warrior from quito, equador

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2011

Strengths:    looks good

Weaknesses:    insulations

Bottom Line:
I use these gloves to ride my motorcycle in the city, they work well. The only aspect I would consider for my next gloves is the insulations for the rain. These get wet easily and take couple hours to get dry.

Submitted by DHmonkey123 a Downhiller from San Anselmo, Marin, California

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2010

Strengths:    strong, cool looking, comfortable, protective, and well vented

Weaknesses:    got a hole ripped in them after 5 months but it's barely noticeable.

Bottom Line:
These are the best gloves you can get. the kept me cool in dead summer. they killed the guy down the street who says he hates life lol jk bout that last part.

Favorite Trail:   Tamarancho

Purchased At:   My friend gave me th

Similar Products Used:   fox reflex gel

Bike Setup:   Cannondale f400 with xc race tubes and azonic downhill pedals

Submitted by oracle a Weekend Warrior from Las Vegas, NV

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2009

Strengths:    Looks, Comfort

Weaknesses:    Just be careful not to let the finger area touch the velcro when wearing the glove because this will start destroying the material.

Bottom Line:
This is a great fit glove... for me at least. The quality is awesome and good looks is a plus. This gloves works for me!

Every person has different hand sizes regardless if it's small, medium, large or even xlarge. I recommend you fit the gloves first before buying one.

Purchased At:   Carter Power Sports

Submitted by Edward a Weekend Warrior from Paramaribo, Suriname

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2009

Strengths:    Nice looking, nice fit. durable, had some spills

Weaknesses:    Rubber on top of glove came loose

Bottom Line:
nice glove, not the most durable

Bike Setup:   Trek fuelex 8

Submitted by Piledriver a Weekend Warrior from Sacramento,CA,USA

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2009

Strengths:    Decent price.
The seem to fit exceptionally well compared to the other brands I've tried on.

Weaknesses:    A bigger pad to wipe the "monkey splunge" off your forehead would be nice.

Bottom Line:
I'm not a Clydesdale but the stitches have held up under my 200 pound body...so far.
Great gloves in general.
Who knows what kind of quality control corporations keep but
I ride every other day and haven't experienced the problems some of the other reviewers have.Take a chance and try them they may work for you as well as they have for me.

Favorite Trail:   Any w.o.blacktop

Purchased At:   Sports Chalet

Similar Products Used:   Haven't used gloves until recently,that's when i started remembering how many times gravel got embedded in my hands as a kid.Good times-Not.

Bike Setup:   Giant Sedona DX with some upgraded bobbits&widgets.

Submitted by byc a Weekend Warrior from Fremont

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2009

Strengths:    full finger coverage

Weaknesses:    thin, cheap glued on bits

Bottom Line:
I wasn't too impressed with these. My full review is here: http://www.beatyourchest.com/2009/08/25/review-of-the-fox-dirtpaw-full-fingered-glove/

Bike Setup:   '07 Stumpjumper

Submitted by mike1560 a Cross Country Rider from atlanta

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2009

Strengths:    works well, nothing came apart, nothing came unglued

Bottom Line:
slipped on a loose section, and protected my hands from a rock, even though it cut through my gloves, ordering another pair right now

Favorite Trail:   blanket's creek

Purchased At:   cambria

Bike Setup:   Truth

Fox Dirtpaw or 360 gloves recommendation?

I'm thinking about ordering one of the two pairs this week. The Dirtpaw has seriously mixed reviews that make me unsure of them. Could someone who has used/uses the Fox 360 glove give me a quick review?Read More »