Fox Head Bomber Gloves

2.91/5 (11 Reviews)

Any biker who has ever cut a corner a little too tight a clipped a tree with their hand will appreciate the Fox Racing Bomber Bike Glove's burly polycarbonate knuckle protection. Designed for freeride and downhill bikers, these beefy gloves also include double-layered Pittards leather palms to increase their resistance to grip abrasion and sliding crashes.

Submitted by skyungjae a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2013

Strengths:    Knuckle Protection; Extra Palm Padding; Aesthetics.

Weaknesses:    Overkill; Smothering; Craftsmanship

Bottom Line:
When I purchased these gloves in Fall 2012, I bought them mostly because they way they looked. I used to have Alpinestars SP2 gloves for when I'd ride my motorcycle. The design and build quality seemed very similar despite not being full gauntlet.

Having taking a spill on the freeway in traffic at speeds I exceed on my bicycles, I figured that it would be a good idea to have that extra protection.

Anyhow, these gloves have held up rather well. After about 1000 miles, the neon green colors turning brown, and the rubber on the tip of the finger peeling back a little I decided to give them a wash, apply some flexible Loctite on the rubber. They're looking brand new and hopefully I can get another 1000 miles out of them.

Favorite Trail:   All

Purchased At:   eBay

Bike Setup:   2005 Kona Stink-E, Giant Roam

Submitted by erockjmet a Downhiller from edmonton

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2010

Strengths:    nothing

Weaknesses:    stitching and customer support

Bottom Line:
had the 2006 bombers for four years now and still use them. Got the 2010 bombers for christmas, tried them on and the stitching on the palm ripped. Sent them back, waited five weeks to be told I could have a new pair. Wore the new pair for one ride and the stitching in three fingers came out on one hand. The thumb stitching came out on the other. Crap product and crap customer service. Wish I could get another pair of the 2006 bombers.

Favorite Trail:   death trail

Purchased At:   argyle cycle

Similar Products Used:   2006 fox bombers

Bike Setup:   giant glory and giant reign

Submitted by Tooth McGavin a Cross Country Rider from St Charles IL USA

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2009

Strengths:    The whole glove is very strong.

Weaknesses:    NONE so far

Bottom Line:
If you want a glove where you do not feel brush hitting your knuckles these are the gloves for you. Also good if you are a bouncer haha. GREAT GLOVES

Favorite Trail:   Spring Lake

Purchased At:   DuPage Honda/Yamaha

Similar Products Used:   Tons of Fox, Troy Lee Designs, Thor, Specialized, Pearl Izumi

Bike Setup:   2009 Stumpjumper Comp
-XTR front derailleur
-XTR rear derailleur
-XTR shifter pods

Submitted by MRanderson a Weekend Warrior from Costa Mesa CA United States

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2008

Strengths:    Strong, Carbon Fiber, Thick yet Comfortable, Grippy
Read Below

Weaknesses:    A little hot, Velcro comes undone
Read Below

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is, listen to the guy who has used them for 2 years. Everyone else used them for a maximum of 3 months, except one. I bought these for dirtbiking. I ride enduro; moist, rock trails on my dirtbike. I have crashed a couple times on rocks, and I don't use handguards. And I was fine. Not to mention I have ridden on MTBs for a year and a half. There has only been a 1/4 inch of rubber coming off a finger. The carbon fiber feels good on your knuckles too, not uncomfortable. And they are good and grippy, my only mistake was washing them, some of the padding behind the carbon came out. No biggy though. Ya they're $40 but they are the best your gunna get for protection. TWO THUMBS UP!!

Favorite Trail:   Aliso Woods Canyon

Purchased At:   Cycle City

Similar Products Used:   SixSixOne gloves, other Fox gloves, Mechanix gloves.

Bike Setup:   K2 Lithium 4.0 frame, Splice Elite fork, Hayes Hydro Discies

Submitted by bbspecial a Downhiller from Aus

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2008

Strengths:    Lots of protection, carbon fibre nuckles, good extened section on the wrist cuff to proctect you

Weaknesses:    bit hot, the wirst cuff has some solid stuff on the side it to protect you but it kinda get in the rode

Bottom Line:
Note: these are the new versions, they seem to have fixed the problem with the thumb stitching.

great glove, excelent protection with carbon fibre nuckles which you can't even feel but really protect you.

the best feature of these is the wrists. the cuff is really long and is extended on the outer side so that you don't dameage the bone on to of your hand. it does get in the way abit if you are riding and hiking but fine if you are doing dowhiling like me. deffinetly not a XC glove

it is also made of really thick material on top... fake leather or something. it offers great protection but does get a little bit hot.

Similar Products Used:   fox dirtpaw

Submitted by jesterspaw a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix Az

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2008

Strengths:    They look cool

Weaknesses:    Too hot for year around use. Fall apart after a few months

Bottom Line:
After less than three months the right glove split along the seam on the right thumb. I hadn't crashed and they didn't get snagged on anything. For $40 I'd expect them to last a little longer. I guess it's time to go back to the Inclines, they lasted me over 2 1/2 years. Bottom line...DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE GLOVES!

Similar Products Used:   Fox Incline

Bike Setup:   Chumba EVO

Submitted by Sean a Downhiller from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2008

Strengths:    Looks & feel while trying on at LBS

Weaknesses:    Seams coming apart after 3 rides - no crashes either! Also the velcro cover has separated from the closure tab. VERY hot to ride in, even for a DH glove.

Bottom Line:
I usually like Fox stuff, I have a fox helmet that I would buy again in a second but these are terrible. Three rides is all they made before they started coming apart.

Avoid as they are a waste of money.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Similar Products Used:   Shift, Louis Garneau

Bike Setup:   Giant Glory

Submitted by scepticshock a Weekend Warrior from San Diego

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2008

Strengths:    Looks tough and offers good coverage

Weaknesses:    Not that tough. Seams open with little use. Hot for summer riding

Bottom Line:
After only a few rides the seams started opening up and a hole appeared in the tip of the thumb. After I sewed up one hole another appeared after another ride. This was not crash damage. My Dianese Oni's hled up for a year and a half of beating till they finally fell apart. The Unibomber may be better but that remains to be seen. I would steer clear of the Bomber.

Purchased At:   Beyond Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Fox Side winders, Dianese Oni

Submitted by Gaer from Columbus,OH,United States

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2007

Strengths:    The newer version glove I own work great. I broke my a knuckle on my right hand not wearing gloves. I have these and they protect it great.

Weaknesses:    Knuckle protector is big enough but tends to slid sometimes not covering all of the knuckle

Bottom Line:
These gloves do an overall good way of protecting your hand and have great grip I reccomend.

Favorite Trail:   The Flow Skatepark

Purchased At:   Fox Racing Cat.

Bike Setup:   DK General Lee all stock
2007 Iron Horse 7point3

Submitted by Roger from Downers Grove, Illinois

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2007

Strengths:    The look is toughness and slick. Very lightweight and airy.

Weaknesses:    Very lightweight, too lightweight in fact after one month the seams let go. Neither DGY nor Fox were were willing to help in any way. The glossy plastic knuckle armor is sized for a very small glove, it does not cover the span of the knukles on a human hand.

Bottom Line:
Lots of great dealers to patronize and lots of other good companies to consider rather than Fox or DGY.

Favorite Trail:   Palos