Home | Reviews | Gloves | Ergon

Ergon HX2 Full Finger Gloves

If you ride with Ergon's GX or GS grips, you might think about wearing their gloves as well. These long-fingered HX2 Gloves are designed specifically for use with these series of high performance racing grips. The palms are made of a micro-fiber that feels like leather but is ultimately more durable and easier to care for. Ergon's gloves are thin and generally without padding -- here's why.Since Ergon grips naturally offer more support for the palm of your hand, it's possible that you could be wearing the wrong gloves. What we mean is that many modern glove offerings have extra padding sewn into the palms to relieve you of nerve and circulation problems when you ride on standard round grips. Since Ergon grips use a patented design that already does this for you, you don't need the extra padding. In fact, it can be discomforting and reduce your sensations of the bars. If you love your Ergon grips, you should ride them with the Ergon HX2 Gloves.The HX2 Gloves have full fingers and enough stretchy mesh on the back to keep your hands from smoldering in warm weather. The key is the airflow through the mesh. With relation to the grips, the palms are thin, but they're doubled in the high wear areas underneath the base of the fingers and across the palm. The design is such that when you reach for the bars, the palm won't bunch inside your hand and spoil the feeling for you. All you'll feel is the contoured surface of your Ergon grips. The fit is stretchy and snug, just like we like it. And to make them easy to get on and off, there's a velcro adjuster on the inside of the wrist. They also have a silicone print design that helps stabilize the gloves on your hands.The Ergon HX2 Gloves are Black/white and are available in six sizes from X-Small to XX-Large. They're ideal for use with Ergon's GX and GS series of grips.

Submitted by MTBRacerGirl

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2014

Strengths:    Perfect with or without the Ergon grips. These gloves are super breathable, but also rugged and durable. Excellent fit - the first glove I've found that fits every finger and doesn't gap on the palm. They are so comfortable I forget I have them on!

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
Great glove for everyday riding and racing.

Submitted by zippinveedub

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable, great fit, stay decently clean, durable

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I got these a while back from ergon to use with my gx1 grips. I love them, they are comfortable and pair awesome with my grips I'm doing my first 24 hour soon and I think they will work great. I'll purchase another set when these wear out.

Similar Products Used:   Sixsix one

Bike Setup:   top fuel

Submitted by damagr a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2012

Strengths:    Fit, ventilation, minimalist

Weaknesses:    Don't know, too early to assess durability, etc.

Bottom Line:
Picked these up cheap at the Ergon booth at Sea Otter. Had been interested in these since they came out and was excited to pick up a pair.
Rode with them this morning and they are awesome. Very lightweight and the fit is perfect--they feel like they were custom made for my hands. I like the velcro closure which snugs them around my skinny wrist, but is not restrictive. Minimal padding, nice silicon grippers on index and middle fingers. Good ventilation. These may replace my Specialized XC gloves as my new favorites.

Similar Products Used:   Lots. Specialized, Troy Lee, Answer, Pearl Izumi, etc.

Bike Setup:   Several 29ers