Home | Reviews | Gloves | AXO

AXO Torque Gloves

Lightweight construction. Mesh, Spandura and Clarino upper. Sonic welded graphics. Airprene cuff. Neoprene finger joints. Embroidered Clarino finger logo. Thin foam inner palm padding with perforated Clarino palm.

Submitted by Ecogeek a Cross Country Rider from Calgary

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2009

Strengths:    Fit is ok if you get the right size (read om). Cheap.

Weaknesses:    RUNS SMALL. *V* rough stitching inside little finger.

Bottom Line:
This is for the 'new' 09/10 torque gloves.
Well, I can't comment on the overall performance yet, but I can save you some trouble by mentioning a couple of immediate issues. These run small. My hands are a 9.3, so I ordered the large which is a size 10. Was worried the size M (size 9) would be too small. I WAS RIGHT! The size '10' barely fits my 9.3 hands. V tight to the point I'm worried about numbness in use. Hoping they'll stretch out a bit. Anyway, there's a heads up on the sizing.
These will probably be ok for me, but if you're between sizes def order up.
There's another issue of concern. They have a graphic stitched into the back of the pinky. This stitching is so rough on the inside of the glove that it hurts just to wear them without moving. I mean like sitting on the couch they hurt. Esp on the last knuckle of the pinky. This is exacerbated by the tightness. I have a feeling that this will rub the backs of my pinkies raw while riding. Turning the gloves inside out (not easy - used a pen to help) reveals a load of bits of paper (from the template for that stitching) are sewn into the thread. Removing this paper doesn't solve the roughness problem. It's the stitching that's rough. After turning them inside out and back once, that rubber three-pronged knuckle-guard bit is already starting to come off. It's just glued onto the fabric.
These gloves could be ok without the stitching issues IF you can get the right size and don't care about those rubber bits coming off. However, I suspect that seeing as I've only handled these for 10mins, there will be other issues! Lol. So, I'd already suggest looking elsewhere. Must be better available. If these were sub $10, I'd give them 3* for value. The more cheap stuff I try from PP the less impressed I am. There always seems to be SOMETHING that's not right. Not usually so bad as to render stuff completely useless, but often as close as possible! Maybe I've learnt my lesson now.
Shame on Axo. How hard can it be to design a glove? Design it. Make a prototype (including any/all stitching that could affect fit/comfort). Try it on. If it hurts and/or isn't the right size, CHANGE the design!
I also can't see why they always have to label gloves in full sizes. If you try to make a 10 and it turns out to be a 9.2, LABEL IT A 9.2!!!

Purchased At:   PP

Similar Products Used:   Lots.

Bike Setup:   Several