Home | Reviews | Gloves | AXO

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

AXO Padlock

Submitted by Kyle Polzella a Weekend Warrior from Ithaca, NY

Date Reviewed: September 20, 1999

Strengths:
Great fit, nice protection, beautiful looks, not as hot as even some 3/4 finger gloves I've used.

Weaknesses:
Tips of fingers get holes in them quickly if you're wearing them while opening zippers, fumbing with keys, etc. (So take em off before doing anything dexterously.) Palm wore down a little prematurely, but at least it didn't rip.

Bottom Line:
These gloves fit so well, and have held up to a lot of mtn. and trials riding abuse. Worth the money, especially over Fox gloves. [My Mojaves shredded after four months]

Six Mile Creek

1 Year

Nahsbar 3/4 gloves, Fox Inlines, Fox Mojave 3/4.

Rigid Nishiki set that evolved from mtn. to trials bike.

Submitted by Kelly a Weekend Warrior from SF, CA

Date Reviewed: September 7, 1999

Strengths:
Good lookin'

Weaknesses:
None leap to mind

Bottom Line:
They look dope and I only broke myself of $32 for 'em so they're OK. Saved my palms a few times. I always wear 'em and ventilation isn't really that much of an issue. Very comfy. After about three hours of riding trails on them a seam came loose between my middle and ring fingers on the left one but I guess that's just a manufact flaw. Otherwise they're great.

Mt. Tam

Pearl Izumi fingerless

GT LTS

Submitted by brad a Weekend Warrior from st. charles mo

Date Reviewed: August 15, 1999

Strengths:
durable comfy good grip

Weaknesses:
they get really rank after about a week!
they could have better ventalation!

Bottom Line:
good glove for the money! great glove for trail riding reccomended for the every day rider

dirt jumping half pipe!

fox sierra they sukk

diamondback assault ex

Submitted by Ting Pan a Weekend Warrior from L.A. California

Date Reviewed: June 26, 1999

Strengths:
Extremely comfortable, nice padding, and alsome grafix

Weaknesses:
palm wears quickly

Bottom Line:
One of the most comfortable glove I've ever worn, not a hand warmer oven like the sidewinder w/ still plenty of protection. The lycra lining on the finger gives a nice fit.
the only problem seems to be that the padding on the palm(some sorta PVC material) gets worn pretty fast(Could be because of my nightly hour trials session), but definitely one of my favorte purchases. Even w/ the palm thing, still deserves five burning camel dropings.

El Moro

Fox sidewinder, Rocket parts,

Stumpy w/ FS-Ti, Access Trial bike

Submitted by Trey a Weekend Warrior from Houston

Date Reviewed: June 20, 1999

Strengths:
fit very well, constructed well and last.

Weaknesses:
a bit expensive

Bottom Line:
I got into Mountain Bikes well after I started riding Motocross bikes so I use alot of my riding gear for both. I have a pair of Scott gloves that are atleast five years old and still wearable, but they are now where near as comfortable as my AXO Padlocks. I know I might look like a dork, but wear them when I ride my road bike too. I have two pairs and they have been wet and muddy and still work like new after several years.

2 Years

Scott gloves

Jamis hardtail

replace hitch pin with sleeved padlock?

I was looking at little luggage padlocks with the idea of using one in place of the cotter pin on my hitch pin. Looking at the full size padlocks with long hoops, I thought... why not replace the whole pin with a padlock? It might need to be sleeved up for best fit. Other than that, why not? H ... Read More »

sixsixone padlock review.

for 25 bucks you cant go wrong. They are very easy to slide over your pads. The padlocks are made out of I think armorex which is very tuff and lasts long. when they are on your pads it feels like you have on sk8ter knee pads. they really keep the knee pad part of your pads from moving around. the o ... Read More »