Home | Reviews | Gloves | AXO

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

AXO Cycling Tiburon

Submitted by Jude Evbenata a Cross Country Rider from Southampton, UK

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2003

Strengths:    Great fit, great feel, never really too hot, not too cold

Bottom Line:
One word : Fantastic.
My last gloves were like oven mitts. Fine in super cold, but any other temperatures they were too hot and way too bulky. Bought these Axo Tiburon's in Medium as they were on offer (£15). At first they feel a bit of a squeeze to get on, but when on their fit is spot on. I can take my keys out of my pocket to lock my bike/open front door with them still on! Unheard of with the other gloves I had. Just did a session of go-karting - I wore them for it and they were great too! I got fastest lap time in my session, courtesy of Axo!
Highly recommended - Get these gloves!!!!

Favorite Trail:   Epsom Common in Surrey - The Best

Purchased At:   Chainreactioncycles.co.uk

Similar Products Used:   3M Thinsulate

Submitted by Parallex a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2001

Strengths:    Good looking, durable, comfortable and good venting.

Weaknesses:    Expensive, grip dots on index and middle fingers wear off.

Bottom Line:
This is a very good glove. It gives you everything you need in a glove for a comfortable ride and you can look good doing it. The design and materials used in these gloves make sure that your hands get lots of air so that they don't overheat and get that slimey feeling and if you do happen to get them wet they dry fairly quickly. As far as fit is concerned they are great, the hug every part of your hand and stay in place very well. The only down side to the glove is that it's price is a bit steep. I paid $75.00 cdn for a pair.

Purchased At:   Incline Sports

Bike Setup:   Peugeot Nature 2000 with many upgrades.

Submitted by Aaron Heilbrun a Racer from Santiago, Chile

Date Reviewed: September 23, 1999

Strengths:
Comfortable.
Good fit.
Look good.

Weaknesses:
Price.

Bottom Line:
Nice pais of gloves. Pretty happy with them. The fit well and do not slip. The little dots on the forefingers which I assume are to improve brake lever grabbing are a tad techie and eventually wear off. Not sure if they actually work.
Anyway, bottom line is that these gloves are very good, the best I've owned so far. I just wish they weren't so expensive. If they last, I'll give them five stars. For the moment, I'll say four due to paying $40 for them.
Highly recommended.