Answer Edge Gloves

4.71/5 (7 Reviews)

Answer Edge

Submitted by vineetdesigns a Downhiller from Chandigarh, Chandigarh, INDIA

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2009

Strengths:    Everything is solid... this is the 3rd year i have been using these gloves.

Weaknesses:    Nothing.. however little padding could have been given. but im not complaining

Bottom Line:
This will be the 3rd year using these gloves. Im just so impressed. I have used these gloves during city rides, trail and downhill rides, and also marathon XC race and the list goes on. They just rock. They are worth every single $ i spent. I bet they can handle one more year. its a great buy.

Favorite Trail:   Kasauli

Purchased At:   JensonsUSA

Similar Products Used:   Fox

Bike Setup:   Downhill

Submitted by Jeff D. a Cross Country Rider from Newington, Ct, USA

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2001

Strengths:    These gloves are probably the best I have ever used for two reasons. The first reason is that they are durable, unlike other gloves i have used they do not rip easily and the seams are well stitched. The second peice that I like is the venting. While these gloves are ful finger they still manage to keep my hands fairly cool while I ride.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness I found with these gloves is that after using them for a while they do build a little bit of moister on the palms an do not grips as well as other gloves I have used.

Bottom Line:
the bottm line on these gloves is that for a decent price you get just that a decent pair of gloves. if i had to choose between these and the dirtpaws which i used to ride though i would have to go with the dirtpaws. they fit a little more snug and look a little bit cooler.

Favorite Trail:   case mt.

Purchased At:   Newington Bike

Similar Products Used:   fox dirtpaws

Bike Setup:   trek 4300, manitou sx, lx rear, xt crank w/ ti. bb, xt front, crowbars, rockwerks padals, deore brakes

Submitted by David Rossetta a Downhiller from San Jose

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2001

Strengths:    They don't rip when you fall. They actually protect insted of ripping on me

Weaknesses:    They need an xxl

Bottom Line:
They actually work like a glove should work. I recommend them to any downhiller. Go get them, but not in blue, it's my color.

Favorite Trail:   Saratoga Gap

Purchased At:   Cycle gear

Similar Products Used:   Sidewinders, dirt paws

Bike Setup:   FSR

Submitted by Ryan a Cross Country Rider from Nova Scotia eh

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2000

Strengths:    They just plain rule. There like motocross gloves and they rule. They fit realy nice feel good . they got like a sweat wiper on them and lots of protection and the lever grips are good too.

Weaknesses:    ummmm whats that???

Bottom Line:
THEY RULE....ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Favorite Trail:   Ummm n e thing

Similar Products Used:   fox dirt paw, bell crapy things my bare hands

Bike Setup:   schwinn

Submitted by Brian a Downhiller from Foxbor, Mass, USA

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2000

Strengths:    Great balence between comfort and padding, very flexible, looks cool, and doesnt seem to want to rip at all after countless falls that would shred outher gloves. Fairly cool even though all black with lots of padding.

Weaknesses:    Hard to clean, I can never seem to get this absouloutly discusting smell out of them, also get rock hard if u havent used them for awhile.

Bottom Line:
Great Gloce, im never buyin any glove that doesnt look exactly like this one great desighn and deal.

Favorite Trail:   Fast big jumps and drops

Purchased At:   nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Fox dirt paws, Azonic Motos

Bike Setup:   Why does that matter for gloves? But I use Yeti hardcore grips and my hands never slip!

Submitted by Henno van Rensburg a Cross Country Rider from Pretoria, South Africa

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2000

Strengths:    Long lasting, durability, looks, feels great!

Bottom Line:
It's worth buying these, they really stick to your hand even when you get sweatty. This is a great buy and it'll last too!!

Favorite Trail:   Fountains, Pretoria