Specialized 03 Hucker Helmet Full Face Helmet

Designed for aggro riders like our Brett Tippie who rides where others can''t dream of riding. Perfect for BMX as well with a host of new features to keep it comfortable and fitting perfect.

Submitted by Rigidhack a Weekend Warrior from Wester MA

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2004

Strengths:    Comfortable. Swappable cheek pads. Washable lining. Solid feeling and , sorry, confidence inspiring.

Weaknesses:    Hot. (Duh, its a full face helmet.)

Bottom Line:
I decided to get a full face helmet when I realised that I was clearing the rust off my old skills and was going a bit bigger and faster than before. I must admit that there is nothing quite like setting one of these on your melon to boost your confidence.

This is a good helmet at a decent price. For its solidity it is not too heavy. My wife gave me a hard time when I first got it since she thoght it was overkill. Her mind chnged two rides in when I took a header into a rock that wouls have split my XC lid. I just got up and got going again - nice gouge in the finish of the helmet though. Now she won't let me ride without it.

Be prepared to be warm in this thing though. It has a venturi tunnel on top for ventilation, but it does not exactly breathe well. Probably doesnt help that I got a black one too. Personally, I'd rather sweat than drool.

Too bad it doesnt do anything to stop broken collarbones...

Five chilis for comfort, solidity and value. Minus a bit for mediocre ventilation.

Purchased At:   Competitive Edge

Similar Products Used:   First full face.