SixSixOne Pro Bravo Carbon Full Face Helmet

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• Ultra lightweight, real carbon fiber full face protection.
  • Carbon fiber mesh strategically positioned within fiberglass shell for light weight.
  • FHVS (Full Helmet Venting System) front, side, top and rear vents for a cooler ride.
  • EPS foam inner liner.
  • Same great fit and comfort of our original Full Bravo helmet.
  • Four sizes to fit most riders.
  • Meets CPSC standards for bicycle helmets.This helmet is for Cycling & Non-Motorized use only. Do not use this helmet for ATV or Motorcycle protection.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by musky a Weekend Warrior from Scarborough, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2009

Strengths:    Very light for a full face. Decent ventilation, and killer looks.

Weaknesses:    The only thing I don't like is the chin strap. The helmet fits great everywhere, but when I do up the chin strap, it almost chokes me it's so tight!

Bottom Line:
    I wanted a good full face to give me a little more confidence on the trail. Where I ride, there are a LOT of ladder bridges and log rides, at different heights, and right along an approx 100ft drop to a river. I never rode them in fear of falling down the valley. Now I won't say I've ridden them all now, but I have rode some, and I wouldn't have without this helmet.
    It's a little on a hot side in the summer heat, but that was expected. In the cold months, it's been great for keeping my head and face warmer...an added unexpected bonus.
    If I were a downhiller/freerider, I don't think I would choose this helmet, but if you're an all mountain guy, then I highly recommend it. Try finding a full carbon full face at this price point...you wont!
    I'm knocking off a couple chili's overall because of the chin strap

Favorite Trail:   East Don

Purchased At:   chainlove.com

Bike Setup:   K2 Zed 2.0 SE, BB7's, Magura Menja, Conti Mtn Kings

Submitted by Delay1234 a Weekend Warrior from Beaverton, OR USA

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2008

Strengths:    Light weight, strong, good field of vision, fits well (all relative to the size of your head), looks pretty hot (shape of helmet was better in person than it looked on the internet), lots of bling action. Awesome price on Chainlove.com. Thanks guys!

Weaknesses:    I would rather it had a "clip" for a strap rather than the pull through dual d-rings. Still works well though.

Bottom Line:
    Great light weight helmet that looks awesome. If you can get it from the guys/gals at chainlove.com it well worth it. I wouldn't have paid the $250 sixsixone was asking. It get five Flamin' Value Chilis thanks to chainlove.com.

Favorite Trail:   Bonzai

Purchased At:   ChainLove

Similar Products Used:   Not used but the other helmet I tried on was the Giro Remedy. Similar fit and size.

Bike Setup:   Stock Giant Reign X2 with some sexy Specialized pedals.

ChainLove 661 Pro Bravo Carbon Helmet

Now on Chainlove Six Six One Pro Bravo Carbon Helmet $98.86 all sizes. Not affiliated, just passing along a deal. Edit: Sorry it was Chainlove.com not CR. Coffee did not kick in.Read More »

661 Pro Bravo Carbon's on Chainlove right now for $65

They go fast on this site...sweet deal. [url]http://www.chainlove.com/[/url]Read More »

I need input 661 Pro Bravo Carbon

I am looking for a new helmet. Currently i am rocking a specialized deviant and i like it a lot. However, i am not ready to shell out 350$ for a carbon helmet and they dont have the regular deviants in my size. I kind of like the way the 661 Pro Bravo Carbon looks, and i can get it through our bi ... Read More »

661 Pro Bravo Carbon Size?

I take a Giro Remedy in Medium, A Rockgardn Blacklite in Small.....trying to figure out if I should get a 661 Pro Bravo Carbon in Sm or Md? Anyone wear this helmet?Read More »