SixSixOne Comp Full Face Helmet

4.39/5 (28 Reviews)

SixSixOne's Full Comp helmet is an economical choice for a rider seeking the features of top-end full face helmets.

Submitted by CiaranSteer a Racer from England, ST. Albans

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2010

Strengths:    Light, Comftible, Good ventelation

Weaknesses:    Quite flexible

Bottom Line:
A good cheap helmet which is comfy and light. it is also very strong.

Favorite Trail:   Aston Hill, Chicksands, Woburn

Purchased At:   Evans Cycles

Bike Setup:   Kona Stinkey 17.5"

Submitted by ridefreeride a Downhiller from socal

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2009

Strengths:    strong light cheap

Weaknesses:    not to well ventilated

Bottom Line:
good helmet I unfortunatly grew out of it

Favorite Trail:   N*, sycamore cnyn, mammoth

Purchased At:   rage cruisers

Similar Products Used:   bell bern giro protec

Bike Setup:   Haro xtreme x7
sdg mrp intense odi sun-ringle kona fsa hayes etc

Submitted by cromes9 a Weekend Warrior from toronto, ontario, canada

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2009

Strengths:    light weight, decent venting, comfortable

Weaknesses:    the front mouth part seems a little close and the helmet seems a little flexable, same as the 2005 full bravo comp model except graphics

Bottom Line:
For the price (which is 80 in the us cuz things are way more expensive in canada, and my price was with a 30% discount) i would say it is pretty good plus i checked the website and they say the model up meets all these standards and dont say this one does, but the dirt lid meets thos standards and this helmet has way more eps foam so i think thier lying to make the model up look better. I probably would of got the fox over this one but i was in a major rush al least i saved 30$ though. good beginer fullface.

Favorite Trail:   twyn rivers

Purchased At:   bay cycle

Similar Products Used:   tried on the fox helmet and a the weird looking mace helmet

Bike Setup:   DB response comp

Submitted by mtbnj a Downhiller from New Jersey

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2009

Strengths:    great looking, seems well made.

Weaknesses:    none that I can see

Bottom Line:
great helmet for the price. I bought the white one with the gray graphics. I have not put it to the test (hope to never crash hitting my head) but It seems well made and very comfortable. can't complain for $70.00. I'm not into spending hundreds of dollars on a another helmet when this one will protect my melon just as well.

I give it 5 flaming chilis across the board!

Favorite Trail:   Ringwood // Skylands

Purchased At:   speedgoat

Bike Setup:   SC Bullit, Firefly fork

Submitted by redrook a Weekend Warrior from Scotland

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2008

Strengths:    Cheap and very good value, good protection, perfect for beginners, Comfortable. Well ventilated.

Weaknesses:    Can get a little hot, not the light as light as pro models, but you get what you pay for. Never gave me any bother.
I like more subtle graphics.

Bottom Line:
Make sure you get one that fits snugly otherwise your goggles will steam up and you'll go through 2 pairs of goggles and have to buy a new helmet before you realise what the problem was!

i.e. if you are a 58cm head, go for Medium 56-58 not Large 58-60.

Purchased At:   chainreactioncycles.

Similar Products Used:   661 Strike (currently using)

Bike Setup:   07 Kona DJ HT, 08 Brodie Damien

Submitted by capnkmtb a Downhiller from Voorheesville

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2008

Strengths:    so nice light and protective!

Weaknesses:    none that i can tell

Bottom Line:
sucha a great helmet from the best body protection company in the mtb business. not only do i wear their helmets but i have their body armour, both are so great comfortable and light. i recommend this helmet to anyone. its so affordable too..... ride 661, best decision ever made.

Favorite Trail:   All of em

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   nothing

Bike Setup:   a beast

Submitted by Jay Notes a Downhiller from California

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2008

Strengths:    Its a good helmet, graphics are awesome, pretty well ventilated, comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Visor graphics are fading because i've used the helmet quite a lot. Padding not removable so i wear a light bandanna, which makes it bloody hot in there. But great helmet

Bottom Line:
Very good helmet, it does a good job at protecting your head, plenty of chin room.

Favorite Trail:   everywhere

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   Bell something or rather.

Bike Setup:   Sette Frame from pricepoint.com, combined with the "freeride" kit from wheelworld.com=ONE AWESOME FREERIDE BIKE!!!!

Submitted by matt a Downhiller from so cal

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2008

Strengths:    cheap, well paded,keeps head cool, cool graphics, comfy

Weaknesses:    litte heavy but otherwise it is great

Bottom Line:
great helmet, recomend it to anybody whois looking for a good priced full face helmet

Favorite Trail:   shotgun(mammoth)

Strengths:    - Cool graphics and styling
- Fair amount of vents
- Adjustable visor
- Quite comfortable

Weaknesses:    - Exterior coating on the graphics seems to peel off quite easily
- Interior padding not removable and seems like it wont be very durable in the long run

Bottom Line:
This helmet is a great value. The first day I used it I landed quite hard on my face and it is no worse for wear. Make sure you get the correct size for your head and give it a couple rides to break in and it will become nice and comfortable. Some my find the face guard a little to close for comfort but once your hammering down hill it isn't very noticeable. There a many better full face helmets on the market but you probably wont find a better one in this price range.

Favorite Trail:   A-Line

Purchased At:   BlueSkyCycling.com

Bike Setup:   Transition Preston

Submitted by David a Downhiller from England

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2007

Strengths:    its tuff, saved my head from some nasty crashes in the past!

Weaknesses:    getting to hot and stuffy

Bottom Line:
a brill full comp, amazing quility for its price!

Favorite Trail:   south downs

Purchased At:   ukbikestore

Similar Products Used:   this is the only one iv used (im on my third one)

Bike Setup:   p1

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior from Canberra, Australia

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2006

Strengths:    Cheap, comfortable, looks.

Weaknesses:    Sizing differs from the Full Bravo - myself & 2 other friends found the same thing, ie a Medium in the Bravo is really a Large in the Comp. We also found that the fit is tigher on the Comp model around the chin/cheeks...perhaps this is why we all opted for a larger size.

The peak sizes seem to differ between helmets too. Mine is ok in width & length but a mates was longer & not as wide - he would have prefered the wider peak, as being a bit longer made looking ahead more difficult.

Bottom Line:
Does the job, looks good & is cheap. I only ride DH occasional & haven't really tried any other helmets. This is pretty good.

Favorite Trail:   Majura Pines

Similar Products Used:   Some dodgy hired helmet that didn't fit properly.

Submitted by Dalton a Weekend Warrior from Langley, British Columbia, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2006

Strengths:    light, looks cool, affordoble, comfy

Weaknesses:    chinstrap is the motocross stlye so you cant just take it off and put it on easily like you could with just a buckle up, cabt wear goggles because the helmet fogs them up even on cold days

Bottom Line:
great helmet, its cheap, looks cool and is comfy

Purchased At:   Newton Rocky Cycle

Submitted by michael a Weekend Warrior from mississauga, On, Canada

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2006

Strengths:    -Good helmet
- Nice Graphics
- Fits well
- Good padding

Weaknesses:    none really

Bottom Line:
Great helmet i love it fits me well i do fr n dj and im happy its stable im just mad i got ripped off but the qwuality of the helmet is enough to make up 4 d price

Bike Setup:   opie wit marz exr fork

Submitted by Brian a Weekend Warrior from Michigan

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2005

Strengths:    Comfy, awesome ventilation, light compared to MX helmets I've had, saved my noodle from a good bashing on several occassions.

Weaknesses:    Breathing vents in front of mouth piece are off to the side and way too small. You get plenty of airflow going downhill, but if you're not going fast it gets hard to breathe. My buddy's Full Carbon Bravo doesn't have this problem.

Bottom Line:
Awesome helmet as long as you're moving. When I hit the trails where pedalling is required, I grab a different helmet. This thing is too hard to breathe in if you don't have enough airflow. Other than that, this helmet rocks. I had a pretty fast crash head first into a tree earlier this year, and this helmet definitely saved my noodle. Awesome value, 4 chilis for the weird placement of breathing holes.

Purchased At:   beyondbikes.com