SixSixOne Comp II Full Face Helmet

4.65/5 (17 Reviews)

SIX SIX ONE Comp II Full-Face Helmet '11 was designed with the entry-level Gravity rider in mind, with its lightweight polycarbonate shell plus Panorama Eyeport, and aggressive venting channels All helping to keep the rider confident in pushing their limi

Submitted by Surya Harris a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2014

Strengths:    Looks amazing, well vented, and very lightweight

Weaknesses:    Visor keeps snapping, to buy a new visor costs £26, the top screw holding the visor in place, the visor part at the top keeps snapping, how can i fix this?

Bottom Line:
Amazing, looks awesome it's just the visor keeps snapping and that is a HUGE let down.

Favorite Trail:   YWAL - The Wall

Duration Product Used:   Five Months

Purchased At:   Wheelies

Similar Products Used:   Bell Super

Submitted by Kona_CT

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2012

Strengths:    Fit - it fits my head perfect. The medium was right in line with mediums of other brands (Pro-Tec BMX and Smith snowboard). Ventilation - I didn't even notice I was wearing a fully on my last downhill session. I think my head sweats more wearing my BMX lid. Style - I got compliments on the styling of the white one. Weight - very light weight. Again, I forget it's on. Price - got it for wicked cheap at hucknroll.com.

Weaknesses:    D ring clasp - not as easy as a clip, but if I loosen it I don't need to completely undo it to take it off and put it back on.

Bottom Line:
Overall this is a great full face helmet. I feel safe wearing it because it fits well. I barely notice it's on because it's so well ventilated and light. And as a kicker it looks great.

Purchased At:   hucknroll.com

Submitted by ivan326

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2012

Strengths:    Extremely light, not bulky, non restricting, quick release D-ring strap, well vented, offers a wide angle of vision, looks super badass.

Weaknesses:    Well hopefully none since I'm yet to crash in it. :)

Bottom Line:
This is a super dope helmet at an affordable price. It's so light and has such a wide angle of vision that its almost like your not wearing a helmet plus it looks super sick and doesn't look huge on your head. If ya like it, buy it. You won't be dissappointed.

Submitted by MONSTER_rockstar

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2012

Strengths:    Lightweight, cheap, comfortable, well vented, Panorama Eyeport, fits my thor hero's really well! really nice helmet for the price.

Weaknesses:    Non so far.

Bottom Line:
A really high quality helmet for the price, got to be one of the best entry level helmets out there!

Submitted by Brhocker a Weekend Warrior from Oviedo

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2012

Strengths:    lots of holes to keep ya cool
light
cheap

Bottom Line:
great helmet check out my review here

Favorite Trail:   Santos

Purchased At:   jenson usa

Submitted by Mountainbikeguy a All Mountain Rider from Syosset, NY, USA

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2012

Strengths:    I know this is not the right forum for this, BUT does anyone know how to adjust the strap so it is tight under the chin?

Weaknesses:    Confusing Chin Strap.

Bottom Line:
Appreciate the full face protection, BUT just wondering whether the chinstrap should be snug or not.

Favorite Trail:   Stillwell Woods

Purchased At:   Used On Ebay

Similar Products Used:   First Full Face I've owned,since I fell on my face.

Bike Setup:   Old Sugar. Original setup.

Submitted by jsauce23 a Weekend Warrior from Napa

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2011

Strengths:    Price, design, comfortable, light and doesnt block view at all.

Weaknesses:    Can get a little hot on a good climb, but its perfect when flying down or doing some technical terrain. Just take off your helmet to cool down a bit, we all need a break.

Bottom Line:
Arguably the best entry level full face helmet available for the price. All helmets break anyways so if your not a downhill guy, this is helmet is more than sufficient.

Favorite Trail:   Skyline, Rockville, Angwin

Purchased At:   hucknroll.com

Similar Products Used:   First FF helmet, 661 mx shin/knee guards

Bike Setup:   Iron Horse DS SE, a beast, weight is not an issue for me.

Submitted by ehigh a Weekend Warrior from San Luis Obispo

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2011

Strengths:    I found that this helmet is all I really need while riding more serious and technical trails. I'm not always hitting big jumps and drops, so I figured I wouldn't shell out all my money on a Troy Lee helmet. This is the only FF helmet I've worn riding, but I don't experience problems with it. Simple strap, helmet fits my head nice, takes crashes, looks fine, breathes well enough. I take it off sometimes to cool down, but I do that with my regular XC helmet anyways.

Looking to get some red spray paint and get some over-spray on the helmet by their logo to add a little detail.

Weaknesses:    The designs are a little bland if you're super concerned about that.

If you want something really fancy, I guess you could shell out $450 for a TLD D3 Carbon-but this helmet is all I need.
Funny thing about the D3 is it doesn't even get a DOT rating.

Bottom Line:
Great helmet for the price. You could shell out a bunch of money for "better" helmets, but better helmets won't make you a better rider. better helmets save your head, but this still has the same rating as most entry level FF helmets. It isn't a motocross helmet, so don't expect it to be one.

remember, this won't save your collarbones

Favorite Trail:   Toxic T, Tzouhalem

Similar Products Used:   My only FF helmet

Bike Setup:   Hah, I'm done typing this every time I write a review.
I huck my bike, nuff said

Submitted by Herger a Weekend Warrior from Willmar, MN, USA

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2011

Strengths:    Lightweight, comfortable, will presumably protect my teeth in a crash

Weaknesses:    The graphics. The sun visor has a hard time getting low enough.

Bottom Line:
Second time I used this helmet was on Porcupine Rim (started from Hazard). I really expected some comfort problems as I'm really only used to wearing a standard helmet (Giro Hex). Had NO problems at all except for forgetting I was wearing a full face helmet and spitting right into the mouth breather area. I really wanted to be :| with it but how can you not laugh at something like that?

I gave a 4 for overall because of the sun visor issue.

Favorite Trail:   meh

Similar Products Used:   No other full faces, just several Giro regular helmets and a Giro Surface (skate style)

Bike Setup:   STP zero, circa twenty aught nine

Submitted by cloud25 a Downhiller from Indonesia

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2011

Strengths:    Lightweight, nice fit, best value + branded, good ventilation

Weaknesses:    At some point you can't tighten the visor.
my oakley crowbar MX goggles snug on the helmet instead of face, it's really a problem when crossing rock gardens

Bottom Line:
I personally think this is the best entry level-wallet friendly-good looking-full face helmet
and it's 661 too, not local product, so you can wear them with confidence

as for the protection and performance compared to high-end model, I don't think there are significant advantages, they will all breaks. Injuries depends on how riders react as they fall, unless you're going 40 km/h heading straight on a tree and your brake fails

Favorite Trail:   bike park

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Bike Setup:   '10 spez bighit2, factory setup

Submitted by Zpetersen a Downhiller from EDH, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2011

Strengths:    Lightweight, cheap, protective, and looks great in my opinion. Vents well also. Looks like it would fit any goggles great, fits my Oakley O Frames perfectly.

Weaknesses:    None Yet.

Bottom Line:
Great affordable helmet.

Favorite Trail:   N*

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Similar Products Used:   Crappy specialized helmet.

Bike Setup:   2008 Reign X2 Custom

Submitted by FueledByDew a Weekend Warrior from Central Florida

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2011

Strengths:    Lightweight, comfortable, easy on the eyes.

Weaknesses:    The face shield is pretty close to my face but that's probably because I have a big head.

Bottom Line:
I wanted a full face shield that looked cool but offered protection as well as a decent price. This helmet meets all of my criteria. Plus it goes very well with my Oakley Crowbars. If you're looking for a full face shield for MTB then this is your helmet.

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Bike Setup:   Fuji Tahoe 29er Comp and Dawes Deadeye SS

Submitted by mark a Downhiller from brisbane australia

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2011

Strengths:    light, good fit, well ventilated, looks good

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
just got the new version (2011) of this helmet. was concerned that a full face would be heavy and obstruct my view. neither of these are concerns with this helmet. it actually feels lighter than my avanti flow normal helmet. i am only just starting out with the bike thing, but i would recommend this helmet to anyone.

Favorite Trail:   gap creek mt cootha

Purchased At:   mcamja@bigpond.net.a

Bike Setup:   06 norco aline, 2010/11 easton havoc dh wheelset

Submitted by shaggy55555 a Weekend Warrior from San Jose, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2010

Strengths:    I have tried on most of the helmets (the specialized Deviant feels like you put on a medieval torchure device) on the market and this was one of the best fitting. It was also one of the lightest, especially for the price. I dont even notice it while riding. Great looks and ventilation.

Weaknesses:    The ONLY thing that I didn't like was I cant seem to figure out how to get the padding/liner out.

Bottom Line:
I didn't want to get the same helmet as my friend (who also gave a great MTBR review on this helmet) but, after trying on all the helmets and doing my research, I dont believe there is a better helmet for the money. Light weight, great price, great ventilation and good looks.

I did get a different color :-)

Favorite Trail:   Demo Forest

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   Own a Fox V3. I tried on pretty much everything out there.

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz VP Free, Fox Van 36, Double Barrel with Ti Spring, Avid Codes.

Submitted by aliikane a Downhiller from san jose, ca

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2010

Strengths:    pretty light. inexpensive. comfortable. looks good.

Weaknesses:    not much air flow through the mouth piece.

Bottom Line:
great helmet for the price. it is pretty light. 984 grams on my digital scale for a small. inexpensive. comfortable fit. i lucked out on this one. just bought it online sight unseen. it fits my noggin great and is comfortable. no pinching or pressure spots. looks good and compares to $150-200 helmets. i can't tell much difference between this one and the more expensive ones. doesn't look like a 65.00 helmet. the only minor gripe is the air flow through mouth piece is not good but it is not really a big issue. very recommended.

Favorite Trail:   demo forest