RockGardn Blacklite Full Face Helmet

Weight : 2.98 lbs MSRP : $140.00

Rockgardn has created a sub-three pound helmet that's about half the cost of a composite helmet of comparable weight. Rubberized matte finish actually incorporates Latex into the lacquer, which helps resist visible scratches and makes the entire surface act as a goggle gripper. Plush inner lining is removable and washable.

Submitted by sullie a Downhiller from Ashland, OR

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2009

Strengths:    Tough, comfortable, good field of view, looks badass

Bottom Line:
So I bought this helmet because I wanted something bigger to go along with my advancing skills on the bike. I mean just holding the thing you get the sense that it will do the job when you need it to. Recently I crashed in a rock garden and for the first time my head made contact with the ground in an uncontrolled way. I saw this rock flying up to meet my face with nothing I could really do to brace myself. The rock hit the helmet where it guards your right cheek. I certainly felt the impact on my face but upon taking the helmet off I found that I was totally uninjured and there was barely a mark on the helmet itself. I'd attribute the lack of helmet damage to the rubber coating and the lack of damage to me as a testimant to the good construction of the helmet. A must buy!

Favorite Trail:   Timewarp

Purchased At:   Universal Cycles

Submitted by Chris A a Weekend Warrior from San Mateo, CA

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2008

Strengths:    On the cheaper side of comparable helmets, looks great, DOT approved, snug but not tight fit.

Weaknesses:    A bit on the heavy side compared to other helmets.

Bottom Line:
This is a great helmet! I was initially thrown off that there was not as many vent holes compared to other helmets (661, TLD) and thought that this would be insanely hot. I was wrong. Once I got moving on my bike, there was enough air coming through the front and circulating inside the helmet.
Also the rubberized finish keeps my goggles secure and looks incredible.
Though it is on the heavy side, theres that extra confidence that the helmet WILL do its job.
Overall I would definitely recommend this helmet to anyone. Its simple and does its job.

Purchased At:   RideSFO Sea Otter Booth

Bike Setup:   Specialized p2, Santa Cruz Bullit

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!