Kali Protectives Durgana Full Face Helmet

HighTech full face protection withoutThe high priceTag.This breakthrough helmet features an Integrated Airflow System, amazing comfort and an antibacterial liner. ABS Shell with EPS Liner Integrated Airflow System 14 vents Antibacterial liner Safety compliance: EN1078 and CPSC NOTE: Black/red version has a matte finish, not glossy as pictured. Sizing XS S M L cm 48-50 50-54 54-58 58-62

Submitted by steve dermer a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2013

Strengths:    1st off: very very strong and protective. This helmet saved me from some serious head trauma. The helmet is lighter than my old Fox helmet and extremely comfortable. Works with my Leatt neck brace. The gf thinks I look sexy as hell in it and I got tons of compliments on the graffix this year. Easy to strap it on with gloves.

Weaknesses:    The visor doesn't have a bolt to lock it in position and there is a vent on the top that keeps me from mounting my Hero3 on the top.

Bottom Line:
was in the N* Dh race series this year and took a wicked spill. Broke my collar bone and had some bar skin loss. I hit my head on a rock at high speed and had no concussion. When the medic saw my helmet he instantly figured I had some kind of head trauma end sent me to the ER. When the Dr. at the ER say the damage on my helmet he instantly gave me the CAT Scan and X-rays and other test to see what kind of damage I received. After all the test I was released with nothing but a broken collar bone. He said he has seen many injuries and said I was lucky that I was wearing the helmet that I was. He got the name of my helmet and said he was going to recommend that helmet to all his patients. So in summary I will buy another once my collar bone heals and will always think very highly of Kali products.

Favorite Trail:   Sweetness

Duration Product Used:   2months

Purchased At:   Sprockets bike shop

Bike Setup:   2013 GIANT Glory, GIANT Reign, Trek Ticket

Submitted by SR92 a Cross Country Rider from Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2010

Strengths:    The Durgana is a very light helmet, built for bicyclists. Kali molds the EPS inside the shell, using a proprietary technique. This increases protection by filing in the gaps normally found where manufatcurers have to insert teh shell after molding and glue them in. It has great ventilation for a full face helmet and the padding is very comfortable. Pads are removable for cleaning and the helmet is coated with a rubberized matte finish that is scratch resistant. The chin strap has an extension of the soft padding inside the helmet for confort. It also looks great!

Weaknesses:    Like any full face helmet, protection will come at the cost of some decrease in cooling capacity. Kali's website could be a little more user friendly and provide more details on the product.

Bottom Line:
At 1100 grams, this is the lightest helmet I tested. I have found it is very comfortable and a blessing in cold weather riding. Construction feels very solid and there is no slip. When making the decision, I called Kali directly to get some information not on teh website (such as product weight) and I found them to be very supportive and informative. I think in the heat of summer, the Durgana will be cooler than other full face helmets and will provide me with the protection I feel I need for the style of riding I do. My two boys and I wear full face helmets and I appreciate the additional protection for teeth and chin, as well as the back of the head.

Favorite Trail:   North Park

Purchased At:   Top Gear Bicycle Sho

Similar Products Used:   Used a Giro E2 (not full face) and compared the Durgana's construction to one son's Bell X-Games full face and one son's Pro-tec helmet.

Bike Setup:   2007 GF Tassajara with WTB Motoraptor Tires, WTB Pure V saddle, Shimano Deore LX rapid rise deraileur.