Giro Remedy Full Face Helmet

4.61/5 (36 Reviews)

Premium full face mountain bike helmet. The fiberglass-shelled Remedy offers the same level of protection, ventilation and attention to detail as its big brother-the Remedy CF-yet manages it all at a nice price. It's built for long park sessions, big mountain riding, cleaning sketchy, exposed lines, or anything else in the gravity realm. Key features like a washable interior liner, no tool visor adjust, and matchless graphics make the Remedy the preferred choice by the best riders on the planet

Submitted by hodaddy2001 a Downhiller from PyeongTaek Korea

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2012

Strengths:    Unfortunatly I had to test the strength last weekend and I am writeing today.... Over the handlebars off the trail into a tree head on would have been face first but turned head last second aside from a couple minutes laying there wondering what happened and horrible ringing in the ears. I am fine. I have taken many a diggers but not like that one. I was completly off the ground flying and hit the tree so hard I spun around and landed behind the tree.

Weaknesses:    Wife didn't get paid the life insurance........Pads are a pain to put back together after washing

Bottom Line:
I am completly sold on this helmet and will continue to use it from here on out, great looking helmet but will save your nugget.

Favorite Trail:   Anything going down

Purchased At:   Jensen or price poin

Similar Products Used:   fox and 661

Bike Setup:   TR450 or bottlerocket

Submitted by mbell a Downhiller from Poway, CA

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2011

Strengths:    Comfort. Luckily I haven't had to test the "Strength" of it yet.

Weaknesses:    Can't take the pads completely out.

Bottom Line:
It's a great helmet. Fits well and seems really comfortable in warm climates. It's also a good find it you've got a big head. I wear a 7 7/8" fitted cap and the large Remedy fits me perfectly.

Favorite Trail:   Meadowbrook

Purchased At:   online

Bike Setup:   Intense 951, Giant Reign X1

Submitted by frickinGUY a Weekend Warrior from Denver, co

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2011

Strengths:    protected my head during a nasty spill. pulled my shoulder, had a concussion, knocked out for a bit. the helmet took the brunt of the impact and cracked. my head falls in between a M and L @ 58-59. originally bought a M but it was too snug, returned for an L and it was a little loose but not that noticeable.

Weaknesses:    a bit heavy but that's okay if it makes for better protection

Bottom Line:
it works as advertised. heard you get a crash replacement on Giro helmets of 30 or 40% off. now that's a deal.

Similar Products Used:   Kali, fox

Bike Setup:   2011 specialized demo 8 I

Submitted by nealfix a Weekend Warrior from Penticton

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2010

Strengths:    Light, Comfortable

Weaknesses:    Breaks easily

Bottom Line:
Great helmet until you crash hard. The chin guard broke and the side of the helmet crushed in driving my sunglasses into the side of my face and eye. A friend had the same experience but his really caved in. My old Bell took a way bigger hit and stood up to it. It did crack at the chin strap attach points but never caved in. My next helmet will be something stronger.

Favorite Trail:   Silver Star

Similar Products Used:   Bell

Bike Setup:   Stinky

Submitted by Uncle Six Pack a Weekend Warrior from Boomsburg, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2010

Strengths:    pretty good ventilation, weight, looks nice, can wear sunglasses with it

Bottom Line:
This is a fantastic helmet and some online dealers are giving great discounts, which made it a no-brainer for me.

Similar Products Used:   full-face motorcycle helmets

Submitted by DHmonkey123 a Racer from San Anselmo, Marin, California

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2010

Strengths:    light, smashing good looks, compatible with goggles unlike some others, well ventilated

Bottom Line:
BUY THIS HELMET!!!!! it has saved me from many a branch and lots of those rare OTB moments that i have. surprisingly, the 06' model is fun to CLIMB in!!! if you have a full face that you can climb in, it must be SUPER well ventilated. Vision is spot on as well and isn't to hard to see the trail ahead, especially with that adjustable visor. this was a trade i will never regret.

Favorite Trail:   Solstice or Tamarancho and my "secret trail"

Purchased At:   i traded tires for a

Similar Products Used:   bell drop, bell bellistic

Bike Setup:   a C'dale F400 with a 4x setup

Submitted by paintmc a Downhiller from Montreal

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2010

Strengths:    - Looks..A nice choice of designs for everyone.
- Very good fit and I tried them all...Trust me
- Solid and protects my coconut....I am on my 3rd Remedy
in 12 months and have limited brain damage
- Well vented
- Seems to work with most goggles

Most important PRO to this helmet that no one has
mentioned is the fact that it comes with a lifetime
crash replacement. I save about 40% of the sale price.

Weaknesses:    - A bit warm on hot days...but aren't all FF helmets like that
- Visors don't last long even with small spills

Bottom Line:
I am a beginner / intermediate rider and crash alot. So this helmet not only protects my nogen but also limits the money I shell out on new ones. A great buy from a great company.

Favorite Trail:   Bing Bang @ Bromont

Similar Products Used:   Mace

Bike Setup:   TR450, SCREAM, P3

Submitted by two6labs a Cross Country Rider from Austin, Texas, USA

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2010

Strengths:    Fabulous Helmet. Cool Graphic's, Tons of Ventilation,Very Comfortable,Removable inner pad-set.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I have to wear a Full face... I have perfected the art of using my face to break any fall. I have in the last 2yrs had some 55 stitches in my face and I removed 5cm of my chin... I LOVE this Helmet! It is worth every penny...

Favorite Trail:   Walnut Creek

Purchased At:   xsportsprotective

Similar Products Used:   Bell Drop, Giro switchblade, Pro Tec Openface.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Jekyll SX900, all XTR, Hayes Carbon 9's

Submitted by atchipmunk a Weekend Warrior from Hermosa Beach, CA

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2010

Strengths:    Looks Great, Lightweight, Good Ventilation, Good Protection

Weaknesses:    Nothing other than being a bit warmer than wearing an XC helmet

Bottom Line:
This helmet rocks! It looks great, offers great protection, has good ventilation, and gives you the added courage to tackle the gnarliest lines. It's especially great when you get it for cheap on sale/clearance!

Favorite Trail:   All over SoCal

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Azonic Fury, Bell Drop

Bike Setup:   '99 Specialized FSR DH w/ Marzocchi Jr T & Fox DHX 5.0

Submitted by enigami a Weekend Warrior from Greenville, SC

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2009

Strengths:    Affordable, Doesn't have a stupid design (Matte Black), Comftable, well vented for DH.

With the FF, I feel safer, so that allows me to push myself harder. Which is always more fun.

Weaknesses:    Gets hot when climbing for a long distance
Visor adjuster fell off on my first tril with it, easily replaced with some bolt.
The Matte Black shows a lot of wear.

Bottom Line:
My first full face helmet.
If I do brake this helmet, I will be buying another Grio Remedy.

This is the helmet to go, esp if you are on a budget.

Purchased At:   jensonUSA

Submitted by monkies a Downhiller from sf, ca

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2009

Strengths:    great looking, meets USPC safety standards

Bottom Line:
i had the 661 full comp (the cheap $40 helmet) which worked fine. i got this because the comp was getting old, and i thought it would be a huge difference in quality. really it's just a helmet, nothing extraordinary in regards to fit or comfort. easy to clean with the removable pads. i love the clips instead of the d-rings...way easier to clip on. people claim safety issues, but i don't get it (and i don't huck 30 ft gaps). i thought i was going to get the THE One helmet, but it didn't meet as many safety standards as this one...cool looking vs functional? i'll go with functional.

Purchased At:   universal cycles

Similar Products Used:   661 full comp

Bike Setup:   turner highline

Submitted by DHRIDR4LIFE a Downhiller from Toronto

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2009

Strengths:    Comfortable, Pretty Lightweight, Decent Price

Weaknesses:    A little bit hot on really hot days but i just take it of when im climbin up hills so its works out fine.

Bottom Line:
I live in Canada and i can only find helmets through special order only so i only could find this helmet in store and i got it on SALE for $150 so that was a decent price (and no it would not have been cheaper to buy online, because shipping would have been another $50 on top) Basically its a very good helmet it does the job and you can remove the padding which is always a good thing. Goggles stay on nicely too. Overall i highly recommend this helmet. But its a good idea to try it on first.

Favorite Trail:   Kelso

Purchased At:   Sporting Life

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain

Submitted by Wheelerbiker a Cross Country Rider from tennessee

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2009

Strengths:    Great price and very comfortable

Weaknesses:    A little hot for the South East US

Bottom Line:
This is an awesome helmet and is pretty comfortable. I have wrecked pretty hard and hit my head while wearing it and was able to walk away absolutely fine. Wouldn't recommend wearing it during the summer if you are not a downhiller. Great for everything else I use it for though. Anyone looking for a FF would really benefit with this helmet.

Favorite Trail:   Bent Creek

Purchased At:   Suck Creek

Similar Products Used:   First full face used, but I wouldn't have a need for a different one.

Bike Setup:   Specialized FSR XC

Submitted by pablo4429 a Weekend Warrior from San Diego

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2008

Strengths:    Pretty light, city scape design is great looking, vents pretty well, strong as a tank, fits like dream

Weaknesses:    Only hot enough to take off on long climbs on hot days, otherwise its great all the time.

Bottom Line:
Great helmet and well worth the 100 or so dollars for the added protection it gives. My face guard has quite a few chips from where my face would have hit as do parts of the helmet a regular helmet would not have covered. It also vents quite well as stated above and the inside seems to be very well made, nice thick cushioning and nice mesh liner inside. Make sure you try out a Giro helmet for size first though because I though I would have been a Medium but I decided to check just in case at a local bike shop with some random Giro helmet and quickly discovered that my fat dome would only fit in a large, but it fits really well.

Favorite Trail:   Iron Mountain

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by shanedawg a Downhiller from san jose

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2008

Strengths:    burly strong while still having very good ventilation. Most other DH helmets I have tried are very hot and this is much better. The only helmet I tried that has better vents is the specialized deviant but the deviant is pretty loose fitting on my head and did not feel like it would stay in place in a crash to me. The remedy also has removable liner and cheek pads for washing which rocks!

Weaknesses:    I had a hard time making some stickers attach to the matte finish of the grey helmet. It could have another vent or two and it would be even better. Hey, I'm nitpicking here.

Bottom Line:
Great helmet. I have crashed in it a few times and the two of them were full on face plants in rock gardens. The helmet stood up to them and protected me amazingly well. I really like it a lot. It has about the same number of vents as some of the other DH helmets but they are better places and not blocked by pads behind the holes like some other crappy helmets. I would buy again for sure.

Favorite Trail:   braille trail in demo forest

Similar Products Used:   Bell Bellistic (nice helmet but hotter that the giro and not as burly) (crashed in this one), sixsixone full bravo( too hot and not as a good in the fit and finish)(crashed in this one), Specialized deviant (not a great fit for me) (glad I never crashed in this one.

Bike Setup:   Turner Highline, 888, blah blah

140mm or 150mm Pike to Remedy 29?

Hello, I am about to upgrade my remedy 8 29 fork to Rockshox Pike Solo Air. Which one is better to this bike, 140mm or 150mm version? Original fox is 140mm, but is there any disadvantages to get 150mm fork instead of 140mm? My usage is mainly enduro and I love slack angles :) Thanks for you ... Read More »

Remedy(26 or 29er) and their ABP rear sus - questions

So in the market for the next bike - this one's on the finalist list - hoping to demo soon. BUT - have never paid attn to Trek's mt bikes - and curious about the overall capability and ride of this sus design. it looks like it would solve some of the deficiencies of my current single pivo ... Read More »

650b Slash and Remedy Framesets?

Any insight as to whether or not these will be offered as a framesets option once available?Read More »

Remedy or Slash

Trek Remedy or Slash ? What's the skinny? Do you think that the Remedy / Slash really able to ride up the mountain well? Is the Remedy / Slash up to taking descent that make your hair stand on end? I am trying to understand the difference in how they actually ride All-mountain.Read More »

650B Trek Remedy & Slash

[url=http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Trek-650B-wheeled-Remedy-and-Slash-Models.html]Trek Goes 650B - Press Release - Pinkbike[/url]Read More »