Dainese D-Raptor Full Face Helmet

Ultra-lightweight, specifically designed for downhill racing, high ventilation with fiberglass outer shell and differentiated density foamed polystyrene inner shell.

Submitted by midas a Downhiller from Greece

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2011

Strengths:    Light, great fit, transparent visor

Weaknesses:    wind makes noise passing through vent holes as you are travelling at speed!

Bottom Line:
Although I already had a Giro Remedy, which I was very happy with, as soon as I tried this on I had to buy it! Much lighter than the Giro and a better fit, so much that going back to the Giro made me realise it was giving me a headeache...
Haven't crashed since I bought it, so I don't know how well it does in that department.

Similar Products Used:   Giro Remedy

Bike Setup:   2010 ReignX

Submitted by jumpmasterart a Racer from Costa Mesa ,CA Orange County

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2008

Strengths:    Lite wieght,great air venting,clean grafics,price competitive,

Weaknesses:    can't find any yet.

Bottom Line:
All I could say is this is one of the nicest helmets I've used since I got my D2.And I never thought I would change helmets,but since I've been using this helmet for free riding and downhill racing it's been great.#1 it feels lighter then my D2,#2 I feel it breathes bertter then my D2,#3 it looks clean (black grafic also white grafic,and the more popular transperant.),but we all know the Troy lee D2 paint jobs can't be beat.
I know most people don't know Dainese makes a helmet ,but this is one to check out.

Favorite Trail:   all

Purchased At:   D-Store OC

Similar Products Used:   Bell helmets DH,661 Brovo DH, Troy Lee D2

Submitted by Steve Marshall a Downhiller from Steamboat Springs, CO

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2008

Strengths:    Lightweight, comfortable, good visibility, and I can hear people when I am wearing it.

Weaknesses:    None that I can see

Bottom Line:
Great helmet - expensive but what price is your head worth? Less constricting than my Giro Remedy and doesn't give me a headache like the Remedy.

Favorite Trail:   All of them at Keystone

Purchased At:   rideSFO.com

Similar Products Used:   Giro Remedy

Bike Setup:   2007 Specialized Demo 8 w. Marzocchi 888RC2X VA fork and Roco Coil WC, Holzfeller Crank, Gamut P40 Chainguide, X-9 shifter, XT 775 disc brakes, levers and calipers; Goodridge hoses and pads, XT 203CL rotors, Mavic 823 rims laced to Saint hubs with Michelin DH16 UST 2.5 tires, Truvativ bars, ODI lock on grips, Syncros Mental Magnesium pedals, Wipperman Stainless chain, SRAM 11-28 cassette, WTB Pure V seat and Syncros seatpost.

Submitted by Corey a Weekend Warrior from Costa Mesa, CA

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2006

Strengths:    Looks amazing! light, breathable, very comfortable, very strong, DAINESE QUALITY!

Weaknesses:    No good place to put on a helmet light or helmet cam.

Bottom Line:
I went riding with the Dainese pro riders the day after I bought this and went head first into the point of a rock. The impact was well dispersed and I hardly felt it. The helmet held up very well for the speed I was going with minor scratches and a minor crack. It's not a streetbike helmet so I'll keep using it.

Purchased At:   Dainese Orange County